Sign in to follow this  
DracoPaladore

Carl Gustav?

yeah, and sweden mostley uses the old "steel tube" M2 in peacetime...

becouse they can take harder beating then the M3....

but maybe you could make a M2 also?

since the M3 wasnt deveolped until around 1991 or something

Laser made a new CG in his latest wep pack..its a nice looking model.

the reason it looks 'crappy' (to quote) is that the lighting is all wrong... you need to play around with sharp and smooth edges on it... for instance, the barrel of the CG - set the whole barrel to smooth edges, and then set the ends of it to sharp - this should create a better look... 4000 pollies is a bit on the high side - our LAW80 was only 2000

Only Rangers and US Navy Seals use the M3 Carl Gustav in the US forces. Back in 1985 it would of been the M47 Dragon and for modern US infantry units it is now the Javelin. If you think the AT inventory in OFP is bad they did the same to the LAW system in VBS1. So soldiers can carry only 4 magazines. crazy_o.gif I'm definitely going to wait for OFP2, hopefully they learned from the Javelin issue in VBS1 by then as well. banghead.gif

Although it not as bad as the Su-25 carrying a Su-39 loadout in 1985 and using anti-shipping missiles for a AT role. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank goodness for Addon makers. biggrin_o.gif

so what are the limits of points and faces in 0.000 LOD ?

curently i'm at: points: 703; faces: 659 and modeling Carl Gustav M2 is 50%, not counting ammo rounds...  whistle.gif

P.S. moderators, move this thread to addons discussion...

so what are the limits of points and faces in 0.000 LOD ?

curently i'm at: points: 703; faces: 659 and modeling Carl Gustav M2 is 50%, not counting ammo rounds... whistle.gif

P.S. moderators, move this thread to addons discussion...

limit of faces in O2 is 20,000 odd... possibly more...

if you're asking what a sensible 0.000 LOD would be, it depends on how complex you want to get. I'd say for a weapon, around 1000 faces is the maximum

as i thought i would need to fit in 1000 faces of 0.000 LOD smile_o.gif and with all LODs 2-3k faces...

em... i got ideas, but there are plenty time for their realising...

like taking a day/night vission optics and putting on simple cgm2 and then you could aim not through mechanic sight, but from optic day/night... another idea how to reload cg: 1.fire. 2.open launcher's back. 3. shell goes out. 4. cg's support soldier loads new round. 5.closes launcher's back. 6. now you can fire...

and yes, it fires a grenade, complete with shell, similar to a tank.

so it should NOT have that "swooosh" sound...

This is a grenade. Those are 84mm rounds for the CG. I fail to see any similarity. wink_o.gif

Does the Carl Gustaf fire rockets? Yes and no. While the initial force that gets the rounds going is the burning of the round's propellant, the force it gives isn't enough to be effective. At least not on a modern battlefield. All the rounds that I've ever fired out of the Carl Gustaf (with the exception of the sub-calibre insert) were what are called RAP (Rocket Assisted Projectile) rounds. The rocket in the projectile gives the extra boost that the projectile needs. The initial combustion isn't enough because half of the force goes out behind the weapon to equalize the force of recoil. Hence the term "recoiless".

Yes, there is a "swoosh" sound of the rocket igniting, but it's preceded by an incredibly loud "boom". I've felt the vibration in the ground of other Carl Gustafs being fired on the line at least 100m down. When your head is next to it, it doesn't seem as loud. Just be sure to keep your mouth open to equalize the pressure in your lungs, unless you want a snotty nose, sore ears, and a headache. biggrin_o.gif

The Carl Gustaf is incredibly accurate. I've personally nailed tank sized targets dead-on, at 600m with almost no effort on my part. The CG is one well designed piece of kit. It's just too bad that it was modeled so poorly in the game.

Here's me with my Carl Gustav. No my hands aren't cammed, I was wearing gloves before and the ex was almost over.

tounge2.gif

as i know, CG doesn't fire rockets, only rounds, because it's recoiless infantry support weapon

and yes, it fires a grenade, complete with shell, similar to a tank.

so it should NOT have that "swooosh" sound...

This is a grenade. Those are 84mm rounds for the CG. I fail to see any similarity. wink_o.gif

well, you got the point wink_o.gif

och, and btw.. afaik it´s ONLY the HEAT 751 that is rocket assisted wink_o.gif

the others os ONLY propelled by the propellant wink_o.gif

atleast that´s how they are made in sweden, maybe you canadians make your own rounds for it biggrin_o.gif

atleast that´s how they are made in sweden, maybe you canadians make your own rounds for it biggrin_o.gif

I'm pretty sure we use all the standard NATO rounds for the CG. Maybe yours aren't updated? Or maybe you just fired off some of the old stock...

I do know that our full-bore practice round, the HEDP round, and our HEAT round are all rocket assisted.

I'm pretty sure we use all the standard NATO rounds for the CG. Maybe yours aren't updated? Or maybe you just fired off some of the old stock...

I do know that our full-bore practice round, the HEDP round, and our HEAT round are all rocket assisted.

well, maybe we do use older rounds...

oh well, according to Bofors that makes the rounds only HEAT 751 is rocket assisted...

the others isnt...

The forthcoming NI mod is likely to include a Charlie G also:

CharlieG.jpg

oh yeah! huray, it means: i (unexperienced creator) can not make my own one... smile_o.gif i have just to supply you! yes...

ok, i'll pm you! smile_o.gif