Sign in to follow this  
Sophion-Black

TKC using false copyright?

TKC using false copyright? could this be true?

A search on a hunch about the infamous TKC, Teamkill and Cheat, on the U.S. Copyright Office comes up a negitive on all key words such as:

1) TKC-Community

2) Teamkill and Cheat

3) Supercheat

This discovery may put any TKC applications at risk of "mutalation" for source codes to be put on other applications to counter the effects of their "unforgivable cheating". If you wish to search yourself and check my discovery, please do to see if im crazy. the website i used was the US Copyright Office. If you too find the claim "false" then this may open the door to a whole new level of fighting cheats. donno what it will be but i hope this discovery helps out in some way  huh.gif

NOTE TO ADMINS: I know I was posted in the Cheat and cheat prevention thread but the more i think about it, it kind of needs to be its own thread for the news to get out

Erm, I don't quite see what your saying.. At all..

icon_rolleyes.gif

Can you say it in idiots terms, please tounge2.gif

- Ben

it means we won't be put under any lawsuit if we dissasemble the aplications they make and use the coding from the application to disable any cheating methods.

i hope its a big script like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_cheat = this select 0

so people can fix the the global variable (_cheat) so its messes up. im not really sure how this may help the fight against cheaters but all i know is that we can use the coding in other applications and distribute them without any headaches.

to depbo their cheataddons breaks not one law, believe me. just their own ridiculous ones! and btw, they can try to bring us to law...i'm on the rack. they say they code cheats for educational purposes (lol), so we do the same by depbo'ing their addons...

You do not need to register copyrights for them to be valid.

No copyright holder can prevent you from picking apart their copyrighted works though, as long as you don't distribute them.

Reverse engineering is perfectly legal.

I can't really see cheaters suing for us stopping them. I mean afterall, that would blow their cover. tounge2.gif

You do not need to register copyrights for them to be valid.

No copyright holder can prevent you from picking apart their copyrighted works though, as long as you don't distribute them.

Reverse engineering is perfectly legal.

for an application such as Supercheat, yes. if there is another studio that uses the same coding and stuff and pass it off on their own... they would whine and comlain that the application was theirs because they "claimed" they had copyright. but through a US cort of law rofl.gif they would only piss off the judge because they have no recodord of it ever exsisting and with any protection at that.

About redistributing... I'ts safe to say that we can easily reverse engineer thier apps and use the coding in annother application (but to reverse the effect) without any headaches.

I just hope something would put them in "Checkmate"

it would be cool if they disapeared forever  rofl.gif  nener.gif

oh no they got hacked again  nener.gif  nener.gif  band.gif

now i'm abit confused about what happened a few weeks ago about a new spammer application...

isn't their aim for cheats to "learn" and not commit "player fraud". what is the purpose of their learning? i'd really like to talk one on one with the main guy there. it wouldn't be like a name-calling flamefight it would be more of a "Bill O'reiley" aggressive press type deal to see if i can bring back my "Devils Dog Discussion" technuiqe  pistols.gif (Basicly its a DIs discusion were you think you did something horribly wrong like kill the president, but you did something like sneeze in formation... while at rest)

The whole thing about cheaters cheating to learn is bullcrap. Into the street and a slug in the head.

more of a warning to us with pubilc servers,beware they are back!!

TKC Supercheatpack 1.26a

This cheat is brought to you by TKC

<snipped their garbage, we don't need it on here>

they posted hubertus adress on a forum a few months ago, phone number and everything.

Hes probly just a 18 year old fat german nazi boy whos parents were brothers and sisters. He didnt get enough beat ups in school. If the germans delt with him he would be okey toda,y have a job, gf, ect ect. Beat him ujp!

* IANAL *

[evil_BOFH_mode]

DMCA? There's cases of nasty companies have sent swarms of lawyers at users just for attaching a debugger. Fight fire with Black Fire.

More specificly, their app has to know about certain memory addresses. The only way that they could know that is by peeking. So while their original work may be copyrightable, certain sections imo would be illegal, and they'd only be shooting themselves in the foot trying to make a legal basis for that.

Even if they did blind address incrementation until they found their desired addresses, there's still the problem of tampering with the memory space of the application. Does that constitute an illegal modification of the licensed product under the EULA terms?

Now while all that is fine and dandy, where you can really set their houses on fire is with suppression / degredation of marketability charges in civil court. Civil Court has significantly different rules than criminal court, and with the recent changes to the federal bankruptcy laws they could really make them hurt. The case there would involve deposing members of the community regarding the prevelance of the cheats, the financial and emotional negative impact the cheats have had, reduced marketability to the cheats, costs of development to combat the violations of the EULA, etc, and then toss punitive damages in as well. Heck, class-action it to bring in all the BIS employee's spouses or partners for emotional pain and suffering caused by the reduced viability of their economic sustinance.

Oh, and there's more than one person in TKC? And they planned this, and have forum logs? Slap a RICO rider on them.

[/evil_BOFH_mode]

I wouldn't take them or their legal threats at all seriously. By all means pick their code apart.

pistols.gif