Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Nogova Nature Replacement Pack

Agent smith harbour, industrial and Mapfact Barracks. smile_o.gif

Next and Final release of this pack will be released tommorow.

It will have;

- Tweaked LOD textures

- New bush textures for all bushes

- Fixed white glow in models with high quality version

smile_o.gif

very nice trees mr berghoff biggrin_o.gif

i think the leaf textures are too bright for a place like nogova tho....

Well, some leaves are greener than others. Certain plants have waxy coated leaves that make them bright and vibrant compared to others. I think dulling down leaves to make them match up with other overly dull leaves in the game actually detracts from the reality. We should aim to make things look more real, not more uniform.

that not the same tree but in the game the leafs looking more green than on th pic.

Looking good Berghoff! Thanks for your newest release!

I was wondering something... I didn't check it out myself yet, but maybe some of you can already answer me...

I remember having replacements for everon and malden... When I did that...some other islands where displaying white textures etc....

So... My question now is... If I install this Nogova Replacement... Will I get the same results as what I had with the other replacement Islands (whit textures in other maps).

Thanks!

No you shouldnt have this problem.

(if you are talking about my island replacement, you seem to have downloaded a buggy version, just redownload the latest wink_o.gif )

also Berghoff's NNRP (see topic title icon_rolleyes.gif ) should be installed via modfolders (as described in its readme - which isnt included in the latest pack (if i do remember correctly) - help crazy_o.gif )

biggrin_o.gif

Yes use modfolders. The readme is next to the button Install Replacement in the Patch programm smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i always knew that deep down you were a tree hugger like Scope.

biggrin_o.gif

by the great looks of the new Nogova vegetation that must be true wink_o.gif

I don't see any houses (except of churches) and vegetation on your island. There's an error where you have to chose an island for the editor and there's one when you start the island. When i quit the island there's a ctd.

The patched O.pbo is in a mod folder. Do i have to have your nature pack?

hm this is not intended. try copying the original o.pbo in a modfolder and patch again. huh.gif

It still doesn't work.

I have 1.96, the error while starting the island is "Error loading o\tree\javor01.p3d (Magic)"

In the preferences i set all textures to 4096x4096.

this could be the problem ... try setting them to 1024x1024

It still doesn't work.

I have 1.96, the error while starting the island is "Error loading o\tree\javor01.p3d (Magic)"

In the preferences i set all textures to 4096x4096.

I hope you really haven't patched the orginal o.pbo because this pack only replaces the textures not objects. Read the readme, use modfolders and also backup your files.

Changing texture resulutions doesn't help.

I did everything the readme says: Original O.pbo copyed in mod folder/addons, copy patched and mod folder loaded.

I tried this replacement on a fresh resistance install (1.96 of course) now and it still doesn't work. Desperate I also installed your European Nature Pack 1.00 which also didn't get your Nogova Replacement to work.

Do you got any more ideas what to do?

After patching the o.pbo i got a small "-.pbo" and a big "-.pbo.bak". Should i delete the small file and remove the ".bak" from the big file? Could this be the solution for the problem ?

hm normal o.pbo

173 MB (181.608.318 Bytes)

o.pbo with nogova nature replacement pack AND wgl nogova replacement textures

436 MB (457.723.284 Bytes)

just with nogova nature replacement pack it should be at least bigger than the normal one !

I meant after patching there are two files. one very small "-.pbo" and a big "-.pbo.bak". Could it be that the small one has to be deleted and the big one's extension decreased to ".pbo"?