Sign in to follow this  
General Barron

Looking for radios

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm looking for an addon that includes a military patrol radio. Preferably in a small addon, like the ICP r109, but anything will do really. Specifically, I'm looking for 1980's or modern era US and Soviet radios.

So if anyone knows what addons I should be looking into, please tell me smile_o.gif. My knowledge of this subject is non-existant, since I don't even know the current radio used by the Marines (AN/PRC something something...). If anyone wants to enlighten me with some info about the subject, that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

not to hack the topic, but has anybody got the "ping" sound modern US army radios make?

Could the BAS_SATCOM do the job?

The LSR Spec Ops Radio Operators using an radio called "PRC-117".

Both are big bagpack radios.

And then there's the ukf_clansman from PUKF DPM pack.

And wasn't there something in nam pack 2 also?

~S~ CD

Yeps, Seb Nam Pack has two kinds of radios, and FDF Mod has the Finnish field radio, LV-something.

Thanks for the pointers about the Sebnam and FDF radios. They aren't quite what I'm looking for though, since I want 1980's + US and Russian radios.

I'll look into the LSR radio--it sounds like exactly what I need. I had thought about the BAS satcom as well, except I don't think it is a very common field radio.

Does anyone know of any russian radios? Or even the name of a russian radio IRL?