Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Smoke launchers

Hi, new to this board, but I'm just wondering about smoke launchers in OpFlash.

Have any mods covered vehicular smoke lauchers? Many of the vehicles depict smoke launchers in the models, but do not have any "smoke-ability".

The M1A1 Abrams, for example, features 12 smoke rounds (One L8A1 six-barrelled smoke grenade discharger is fitted on each side of the turret).

It would be nice if there were an action available from either the commander's or gunners position to lauch smoke rounds, to help obscure the vehicle from anti-tank rockets and cannon shots.

Also, I am curious about smoke rounds for grenade launchers (both the US 40mm and Soviet 37mm).

Personally, I believe this should be integrated into a future official update, but are there any mods which address this issue?

{I have a pretty fast PC, so I'm not sure if smoke effects bog down slower machines, possibly this is why the only "offical" smoke device is a hand-thrown grenade.}

Thanks, Major Fubar   mad.gif

The problem with smoke is, that it doesn't affect AI sight! AI sees through smoke.

That's why smoke grenades make only sense in MP missions or to show landing zones.

wkr

WhoCares

I tryied that to script once, but I stopped it because I couldn't find out how to get the turret-direction. If anybody knows that, please tell me, so I could finish it.

Are you sure smoke doesn't affect AI?

I thought it had the same efect as hiding in a bush, and I've found both to be effective against AI.

Curious.... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 18 2002,16:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are you sure smoke doesn't affect AI?

I thought it had the same efect as hiding in a bush, and I've found both to be effective against AI.

Curious.... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

We'll thats funny cos the AI in my game's is like & god and can pin point you through 40 fucking meters of bush if they already have seen you