Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Nature Pack - Tropic

Hi all,

Now Nature Pack 2 is hopefully bugfree smile_o.gif I've already began work on the next and my last addon for the old game.

Its based and tropical locations which allows you to create very green Islands. Ofcourse it will also has a sample Island only 128x128 called "Tropic" (no name for it yet =) ) that shows you the pack with extreme ground textures ( OFP's max or my video cards max smile_o.gif ). Only a few poor fishing camp will be on it with no roads.

Many variations of palms will be included so not only coconut palms wink_o.gif Right now I have 29 Trees and Palm done but still a huge amount of undergrowth still needs to be completed. Also some coastal rocks to place in the sea will be included to make your beaches less empty and your sea even more dangerous than it already is in OFP wink_o.gif.

All object are quite low-poly.

Some screens note that the objects are placed in the mission editor and so I won't look very dense:

beta17ek.th.jpg

beta29ec.th.jpg

beta31bz.th.jpg

smile_o.gif

WOW!!!!! AMAZING!!!! wow_o.gif

GREAT work berghoff your are the master biggrin_o.gif

Raptor smile_o.gif

OMG wow_o.gif

*imagines himself making a mission - you crash in your plane on unknown tropical island and you have to escape from there...*

Amazing work BergHoff. Hope you'll release it soon!

Guest The Cobra

Very nice!

Keep up this good work

smile_o.gif

Berghoff, I have a lot (dozens and dozens) of tropical vegetation textures I was saving for a 3WX project down the road. As long as your nature pack is publicly released and can be included in our plant nursery for mapmakers I'll send them to you.

Berghoff, I have a lot (dozens and dozens) of tropical vegetation textures I was saving for a 3WX project down the road. As long as your nature pack is publicly released and can be included in our plant nursery for mapmakers I'll send them to you.

Right now I have quite a few myself but I'll think of it as I perhaps need more undergrowth textures for plants and bushes (if you have some).

Quote[/b] ]Can you make some forests too ?

There will be some forests yes. Don't know which type yet. smile_o.gif

Great work BergHoff! But I have a little question about the eropean pack if it's ok... when putting the grass field somewhere in the editor (it looks SO goddamn great btw. And the performance! wow_o.gif) it kinda explodes and begins to burn if you shoot from it/at it. That's not right is it? Or should it be volatile grass? The grass looks so great I'd love to have a non-lethal version of it. Have I missed an update perhaps? (couldn't find the original thread...)

Thanks,

Geo

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh    thumbs-up.gif  thumbs-up.gif  thumbs-up.gif  

im speechless , i dont know what to say,  i ....i.......

damn this look bloody fine  any progress report or maybe some new screens for us to drool over ?

looks amazing berghoff, but it looks kinda sparse for a tropical island?

Anyway, I would love to see some really dense tropical jungles. I love BAS tonal for their super-dense jungles in some areas, and it would seem fit to include some dense forests. thumbs-up.gif

Also, finally some GREEN in ofp. It gets kinda sad how default ofp stuff is so bland. Keep up the good work notworthy.gif

looks amazing berghoff, but it looks kinda sparse for a tropical island?
Quote[/b] ]Some screens note that the objects are placed in the mission editor and so I won't look very dense

wink_o.gif

Hi,

I must say the nature pack looks brill for the tropics. I am after some tropical african plants or the closest thing to them. I`m also after some sugar cane!! I spent several years on varoius sugar plantations in East Africa when i was a child.

when is it available??

Jeff

So I take it this pack is cancelled since you have another thread going now for Nature Pack 3 which is based on Northern European vegetation???