Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Hacking And Taping ?

Say the enemy has a satilight. I think there should be hacking

from a small laptop or some command controll system to take it.

Or say we need to get inside the enemys gates. We cleared the gates, now we need to hack the controll panel to make it

more stealth, not blow a hole on the side of the wall?

Or say, theres a mission where the commander is useing phones and computers to comunicate to there Missile Launchers. Or to people on the battle ground, you sneak inside. Tap the computers. Or u stay out side and tap the phone line ? eh ? yay.gif

Also, by hacking into a scud to disarm it, or to

sabotage it, Cutting wires on bombs ? pick a wire eh ?

Put a virus into there main command center to take down there auto Mgs, and they gates, and there Cameras.

I think this should also be put in the game becuase u dont

see it in very much Realistic Army Games. When in the real

world, it happens every day.

the idea of going Sam Fisher way is good, but not really that important for a game which is aim at normal combat, which seems to be too much for it

No, my idea is to atlest have the hacking of controll pads at gates ? to open gates at lest ? Im not trying to say, lets

build a Spilnter Cell Team

This sould be scripted. Not a case for BIS IMO. But radio/radar intercept/jamming would be nice. As the sequel is set in 2010, there should probably be some electronic warfare thingies.

Theres a control-pad entery script on ofpec.com's forums wink_o.gif

The line tap is a good idea. The disarming a scud is a bad idea, as 99.999% of the time those things are blowen up to render them useless tounge2.gif

But yeh, it's easy enough to script most of these.

Basciyl just addaction that runs a script and completes an objective after playing an animation tounge2.gif

- Ben

When in the real world, it happens every day.

Uhm, no? huh.gif

Yeh..

I somehow doubt that millatry command centers are susepcible to most virus's, and that they're even used..

Why break a computer inseide when you can drop a bomb on it? tounge2.gif

- Ben

2010 eh, there needs to be lasers, EMPs, Iron Cannons, Scud Storms, Fuel Air Bombs.. ROFL

a EMP would be cool.. and you can blow it up or disarm it..

EMP Gun to take out a car or EMP on truck to take out a town/base or Big EMP to take out qauter of map

ok maybe a bit to far but it would be good

For the last time, 2010 is only four and three quarter years away. It's not going to be like buck rogers sheesh.

rong, 4 1/4 years away

But still, that is along time to upgrade alot of stuff in this world

rong, 4 1/4 years away

But still, that is along time to upgrade alot of stuff in this world

And in the 90's we were going to have flying cars by the turn of the century.

It might seem like there is a lot of potential, but whats really going to change in four years? Not a whole lot.

I'd much rather have fully functional physics and detailed vehicle armor modelling rather than h4x0r crap. Joe Private doesn't hack gates. Joe Private shoots things.

Quote[/b] ]I'd much rather have fully functional physics and detailed vehicle armor modelling rather than h4x0r crap. Joe Private doesn't hack gates. Joe Private shoots things.

Amen to that. I'll amend it a tad though, Joe private doesn't hack gates. Joe private shoots things. John squad leader request Tom tank commander to put a HE round into the gate. (or just drive over it, whats this damn gate made of?)

Quote[/b] ]Hellfish6 Posted on Aug. 01 2005,23:42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd much rather have fully functional physics and detailed vehicle armor modelling rather than h4x0r crap. Joe Private doesn't hack gates. Joe Private shoots things.

rofl.gif

Mod it, script it, unit it.. It can be added later in any form..

I'll play joe's part...

lol instead of hacking the gate just ram thought it in your jeep which has a shield  tounge2.gif

You never know where we might get in 4 years.. and those people in the 90s had crazy dreams but it could still happen..

the army already have an Aurora which can reach speeds of Mach 5-6-9 or something, so that might be commercial in 4 years to.. could that get into ofp..  biggrin_o.gif

Nobody Knows what the future holds well except death..  huh.gif

For the Laser Weapons and stuff like that google for "Future Force Warrior". Laserguns are planned to introduced as infantry weapons not before the year 2020. In 2010 we will have programs like:

Land Warrior in the USA, Felin in France and the IdZ in Germany. For more informations about that programms yust "Google" around, or if you can read german look here.

Best advice for "Futruristic" stuff if you want to be even remortly close, is not guess, just wait for it to happen.. tounge2.gif

Most things guessed end up not happeneing at all, or happen about 20 years late..

Like about 10 years ago there were supposed to be able to fly from London to Australia in 30mins (By going just out of the atmostphere), and be able to take holidays in space.. Has any of that even remotley happened? Yes. But for normal people? Heh

Anyway, yeh, BIS should put their effort into something that can't easily be scripted, like the phyics. Then leave the hacking stuff for the community to do.

As for the EMPs, for example, these too are scriptable. For the lampposts etc, you make an array of classnames that are lights. Then run a loop from 0 to 10000000, or so. And for each one, check if

typeOf object _id IN arrayOfLights

Then loop though this, getting distance from object _id distance EMP_Centre

Then run this from the INIT.sqs script.

Then you can do stuff with nearestObject or a trigger to get all vehicles in the nearest x m..

Errm..see, it's possible tounge2.gif

- Ben

I would like thermal vision mod for armored units and others than hacking system which we can add late thumbs-up.gif

For the Laser Weapons and stuff like that google for "Future Force Warrior". Laserguns are planned to introduced as infantry weapons not before the year 2020. In 2010 we will have programs like:

Land Warrior in the USA, Felin in France and the IdZ in Germany. For more informations about that programms yust "Google" around, or if you can read german look here.

Well, that wouldn`t be bad...Some things from land warior will be near 2010 for sure, at least will be tested intensely, I posted it in guns thread... whistle.gif

jamming weapons would be nice, but hacking?

hmm...

confused_o.gif

What this game needs is high tech opfor stuff...yup...I'm not sure what that would be as i dont know who the opfor are.

This thread gave me a great idea for a short story. Enjoy.

Joe and His Gun

by NinjaTech

Joe picks up his gun, the biometrics recognizes Joe and the gun computer boots up into Windows '10 Gun Edition. There is no scope on Joe’s gun, just a tip cam, which links into the gun computer and uses an encrypted wi-fi to send an overlay display into Joe’s cybernetic eye. Joe’s gun computer has an AI named Betty. Betty comes standard on Windows ’10 Professional Gun Edition, you must buy it separtley for the Home edition.

Betty tells Joe that she detects 12 hostiles moving in his direction from the south west. Joe asks Betty to give him overhead sat display in his other cybernetic eye. The targets are moving through heavily wooded terrain, so they can only be spotted via satellite thermal imaging, but with TI advanced rendering Joe can clearly see the targets normally. Betty cross references Gun Database v2.09a for each of the targets and digitally indicates the make, model and threat level of each weapon the targets carry. Betty gives Joe 1 in 5,430,230 of being able to defeat the enemy with his current weapons software version and suggests loading GunWare explorer. Joe does so and GunWare Explorer brings up a menu to display his guns current ammo, barrel temp, GPS location. Joe skips all this and goes to Help. Help drills down a list: Trouble Shooting, FAQ about your gun, manufacturer info, Repair and Service center locator, Special Promotional Offers, and Downloads. Joe selects Downloads and then Updates.

“DAM†Joe says as he sees he is missing 21 critical gun patches. Maybe he shouldn’t have turned the auto updates off, but those pop ups were just so annoying. “Ok Betty, patch me up to date.†The download bar starts.

“Estimated time for patch update 53 seconds.†Betty says to Joe, “Hostiles ETA 30 seconds.â€

Joe needs to buy himself a little time, so he activates his telepathic wet ware WAN to instant message Billy Ramos aka: ShadowStorm596 back at HQ.

“Wazup!†Joe thinks.

“Wazup!†Billy aka ShadowStorm596 replies.

“Forward observing 12 hostiles at grid 55 AB, requesting supporting fire.â€

“Roger that, firing Howitzer Anti Gun Computer DoS now.†ShadowStorm596 clicks out.

Joe observers via the sat link the enemy has stopped while they adjust their Gun Computer fire walls.

“GunWare now updated.†Betty chirps.

“About dam time, lets rock and load some FMJ staggered with HE and AP-EMP rounds, and a tad of Quantum DU.†Joe says while going prone.

“Request ordinance loaded.†Betty replies, “Safety is disengaged your weapons hot.â€

“Bragging again Betty?†Joe teases.

At two thousand meters crests the wooded hill Joe faces, the first diamond target tag marking the enemy overlays in his display. Digital enhancing magnifies the target better then any conventional scope could. Face recognition software begins an analysis of the targets facial features and transmits the information to the HQ server farm for a DB match. In less then a second the targets name, age, rank, social security number, address, cell and fax number are relayed back and displayed next to the targeting diamond.

There is no trigger on Joe’s gun, he only has to think the command “fireâ€. Betty is programmed to only fire when the trajectory of the gun lines up perfectly with the target, taking into account atmospheric pressure, wind speed and humidity.

“Fire†Joe thinks, and the gun begins to kick into shoulder as the woods begin to vaporize under the hail of caseless rounds Betty spits out. Besides the wizzing then thumping of the bullets smacking into trees, HE rounds exploding two thousand meters away and screams of the enemy, it is quiet where Joe lies in the foliage. The new sound suppression and counter shot white noise amplifier makes Joe’s gun a stealthy tool of destruction.

Betty stops firing, trees creek and crack as they fall over in the distance. “Joe, eleven hostiles have been destroyed.â€

“Where is the last one Betty? How did we miss him?â€

“Sorry Joe, but you failed to get that 10 terra bite memory upgrade I suggested last month, my available memory became full and I had to rely on the cache, which was slower to que which allowed one target time to take cover.â€

“It’s alright Betty, I’ll get you a ram doubler later. Show me where he’s at.â€

“A ram doubler?†Betty growls insulted. But Betty can multi-task her injured pride with any number of application requests. The sat display comes back up and indicates the target is hiding behind a rock cropping. He’s crawling into a good position much higher then Joe. “DANGER!†Betty flashes to Joe.

Joe rolls behind a tree for cover but he continues to hold his gun around the trunk at a ninety degree angle to his body. He only needs to expose his hands and his gun, he can see everything the gun can via the tip cam. The enemy is doing the same he’s holding his gun over the rock in outreached arms to not expose himself.

“Betty can you shoot his gun?†Joe asks.

“Affirmative Joe, but you will need to move 5 meters to the left so I can acquire target.â€

“What are the odds you will hit?â€

“95.45%†Betty replies.

Pretty dam good odds, Joe thinks, and leaps out from behind the tree. “FIRE BETTY FIRE!â€, he yells. A split second later Joe feels a thump in his chest. But it wasn’t from his gun. He looks down to see his flack jacket and trauma plate pierced, blood trickles down his fatigues and Joe feels cold. Everything goes black.

“Joe, I shot the enemies gun and target was eliminated…Joe?†Betty analyzes Joe’s bio signs a second before instant messaging HQ that Joe has been KIA. Send reinforcements.