Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Everon Defence Force soldiers

Any WIP pics of the EDF tank yet or has it not been started?

smile_o.gif

We got an AMX-13 model from Kenji which is slightly optimised by me. But no textures yet, but that should change soon. Other units have priority at the moment smile_o.gif

the amx-13 model is one of the first kenji ever made, ironsight you do know the interior is imaginery as we couldnt find any internal pictures when it was getting made

the amx-13 model is one of the first kenji ever made, ironsight you do know the interior is imaginery as we couldnt find any internal pictures when it was getting made

Yes I know, the interior is getting corrected wink_o.gif

These are quite good. They seem to be fully ECP compatible too.

Btw. I remember reading about a project called Nogovan Defence Forces. Is this what became of that mod? It seems that project folded.

marcus

Btw. I remember reading about a project called Nogovan Defence Forces. Is this what became of that mod? It seems that project folded.

marcus

It has been asked several times in this thread. Please refrain from going offtopic confused_o.gif

Sorry. Only read the first page.

Well since these have no markings I guess they can be used on any island.

Btw, is there a possibility to make an extra set for WEST side? i thought it would be nice to have this in a DMA as "Extra Government forces" against rebels.

marcus

That they don't have any markings yet doesn't mean there won't be any markings at all wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Btw, is there a possibility to make an extra set for WEST side? i thought it would be nice to have this in a DMA as "Extra Government forces" against rebels.

Yes, it is highly likely that they will be on both west and resistance side smile_o.gif

Now more work im progress:

Lynx checkpoint

wink_o.gif

That they don't have any markings yet doesn't mean there won't be any markings at all  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Btw, is there a possibility to make an extra set for WEST side? i thought it would be nice to have this in a DMA as "Extra Government forces" against rebels.

Yes, it is highly likely that they will be on both west and resistance side  smile_o.gif

Now more work im progress:

Lynx checkpoint

wink_o.gif

Well. Can one wish for a dynamic patch system ala the international forces? These guys are really useable in general as I see it.

The Lynx looks great.

marcus

Suggestion; Maybe remove the "Lynx" logo from the armour kit? As nice as the logo is smile_o.gif how many armed forces or security services would have someone else's logo (or insignia) on their vehicles? Could cause some confusion ("Cougars" from "Red Dawn" anyone rofl.gif), as well as looking a bit tacky.

Have to say, I love the whole concept though. What does EMAF stand for out of interest?

Kenji's fox and bear pages give you ideas ironsight wink_o.gif, stuff like that really makes ofp for me just adds extra little bit of depth. It reminds me a bit of armoured landrovers used in northern ireland.

The EMAF Lynx is a very cool idea.

The idea of custom EDF stuff is very interesting (like the Fia Fox and Bear modifications) The more stuff like this, the better IMO.

It gives more of a militia feel as well.

EDIT: Did you guys have any plans for a couple of winter versions of any of these vehicles to go with winter troops? I'm just curious (not demanding them or anything)  smile_o.gif

It may be a bit of a pain in the ass for the unit to paint their vehicles white and then repaint them temperate afterwards, but to 'winterize' the vehicle suitably you could go the route that I believe Kegetys did with the Winter Kolgujev vehicles. Spatter 'em with snow, that ended up looking pretty damn good.

Rarely do I see addons who have camouflaged their weapons for winter. It's as easy as white tape around the forestock, stock, and lower part of the magazine, if so desired, makes the weapon far less conspicuous and is easy to remove. I've also seen things such as cut-up winter camouflage overs (Thin white nylon camouflage oversuits, to be worn over warm clothing), in particular sleeves, used as 'forestock sheaths.' Maybe something for any local recce unit to consider, or the EDF/SF fellows.

So far, looking good, innovative with that Lynx, I like it. Looking forward to crushing these guys in some campaigns.

Quote[/b] ]Spatter 'em with snow, that ended up looking pretty damn good.

I think your right. But I doubt that'd be worth the trouble.

Although...it'd look good! biggrin_o.gif

have yall come up with a list of what the EDF is gonna use as their main service rifle yet? I know theres been ALOT of discussion about it lately..

Suggestion; Maybe remove the "Lynx" logo from the armour kit? As nice as the logo is smile_o.gif how many armed forces or security services would have someone else's logo (or insignia) on their vehicles?

You'd be suprised how many armed forces keep logos like these on their vehicles smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What does EMAF stand for out of interest?

Everon Motor Arms Factory smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Kenji's fox and bear pages give you ideas ironsight wink_o.gif, stuff like that really makes ofp for me just adds extra little bit of depth.

Yeah, Kenji's fact sheets gave me the idea to make this for some EDF vehicles. But I agree that these things add just that little bit of atmosphere smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It may be a bit of a pain in the ass for the unit to paint their vehicles white and then repaint them temperate afterwards, but to 'winterize' the vehicle suitably you could go the route that I believe Kegetys did with the Winter Kolgujev vehicles. Spatter 'em with snow, that ended up looking pretty damn good.

Winterizing the vehicles is being considered and if I have some spare time, this will be added smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]have yall come up with a list of what the EDF is gonna use as their main service rifle yet? I know theres been ALOT of discussion about it lately..

Be suprised wink_o.gif

Anyone got anything new yet? I'm getting news-depravation blues here...

The latest pics of your jeeps look great! Can't wait fro your next releases. smile_o.gif

PS: I reckon a winter version would be a great project once you've got most of your stuff out there, considering the great original islands in winter version. Surely a few white tapes around the guns and a spattering off snow on the wheels wouldn't be too much later on? tounge2.gif

Anyway, your doing a great job. thumbs-up.gif

Dude its only been 6 days since anyones said anything, I bet their working now, they dont always have time to post in the forums confused_o.gif

They usually post pics or info if they have something to show.

If you're that paranoid, learn to make some addons with all the free time you have. wink_o.gif