Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Everon Defence Force soldiers

The 1st Platoon of the Draconian Guard Mechanized Brigade of the EDF, with support of T34's and M60's, were able to drive the Russian invaders under the command of Guba out of North Eastern corner of Everon, securing a foothold that the EDF are hoping to use as a means to launch a counter offensive! tounge2.gif

I dunno why, but the EDF troops are getting the most use out of any other add-on I've ever had.

Yes.

Lets do that, but try and keep your nose clean.

I dont want to have to hand you a warning for bad behaviour unbecoming a mod if this keeps happening.

I believe it's "mea" btw not "mia".

wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Fantastic addons by the way. As far as troop transports, remember CSJ's Huey packs have vanilla Huey's in them, maybe slap an Everon flag on them or roundel and voila?

Oh, and it's mi culpa not mea or mia tounge2.gif

Some older French equipment wouldnt be a bad idea either (due to the French names on the map)

*hint* Something like an AMX-13 whistle.gifwink_o.gif

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I hate to go off topic here, but is NAFP dead? That's actually one of the only ofp things I care about. It would be a real shame because some of their stuff looked so awesome.</span>

Sorry for slightly OT but : Nope we're not dead wink_o.gif Quite to the contrary.

Ontopic: Nice work on the EDF stuff smile_o.gif Though about overrunning our guys .... think we may have to duke that out in MP sometime wink_o.gif

Ontopic: Nice work on the EDF stuff smile_o.gif Though about overrunning our guys .... think we may have to duke that out in MP sometime wink_o.gif

Our AMX-13's will kick your T55's ass but then again our AMX's will get bombed by your MIG's rofl.gif

Here's a shot of our WIP AMX-13. The model was kindly donated by Kenji smile_o.gif

amx135ax.jpg

i anit seen that model in almost 2 years needs a bit of fixing up to todays standards smile_o.gif

Who will be doing he texturing?

The AMX? The whole team wink_o.gif

Really like the looks of this mod. Please keep the force, fast and mobile with light weapons. IMHO, I think its silly to think that a small nation would have MBTs and Jetfighters, etc. I mean, think about it, the EDF's main duties would probably be more focused on patrol and police type duties, a small nation is not really going to be focused on fighting a full-scale war against a larger army. Remember the upkeep and initial costs on MBTs, Jets, etc. is extremely high. I'd love to see them armed with more light vehicles, armored cars, jeeps, etc. Maybe even some civilian vehicles converted for military use, i.e. technicals or uparmored police vehicles.

BTW... Love everything so far! Thanks again Ironsight!

its small nations, wouldnt take much time for invaders to capture vhole island, thats why EDF shouldnt be army as in meaning we all used to.

Every male cictyzen of Everon that is 18years old goes thro base military training and guerilla special tactics training. In case of bad times, probably, Everon wouldnt have time to call in army reserves, thats why ppl are trained in guerilla tactics, so the can form resistance when regulars will not longer exist (left overs of regular army will also go "into the forests" giving start to resistance army).

Offtime

that is a tactic that sweden has used IRL..

we called it "the free war" (Fria kriget)

wich basically means that everyone is on their own and keeps fighting the enemy with whatever they can use...

this is often a result of the communications being cut off..

a extremly important rule for that to work is that "Every order that the resistance should be aborted is false, no matter who gives it"

so basically it means that everyone fights til the death.

however, this "training" was mostly conducted during the cold war when entire battalions simulated that they had been cut of from the rest of the army and kept fighting without support from higher levels, and there for had to rely on what they could make or get hold of themself.. and yes, it was trained down to squad level where the team leaders decided what to do and when.

this is a very good tactic for a small nation like Everon.... so i totaly agree with what Offtime said.

Camo scheme or just a green paint job for the AMX?

Any plans for a jeep of some kind?

Offtopic, I'm glad to hear about NAFP still going. I've been looing forward to that for a long time now.

smile_o.gif

Camo scheme most likely. The UR416 is the first to be textured so we hope to present the camoscheme when the UR416 is done smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Any plans for a jeep of some kind?

There will be one. Not decided which one it will be smile_o.gif

Nice, where can I get that? smile_o.gif

You can get the Wolf from the BW mod smile_o.gif

Nice, where can I get that? smile_o.gif

You can get the Wolf from the BW mod smile_o.gif

Not exactly. This is modified* Mercedes 290GD made by Lowlands Warrior Project (BW Mod car has german specific markings).

You can find it here:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7347

*) Only new thing are green-white-blue Everon flags on driver and passenger doors. Oh, and there are no plates ;-)

Thanks for the link Lenin.

Btw, just wanted to let ya'll know that the Jungle TSF units in the BAS Tonal pack go pretty well in Nogova and Everon. That's what I used in my missions until this was released.

Camo scheme most likely. The UR416 is the first to be textured so we hope to present the camoscheme when the UR416 is done smile_o.gif

why not now ? ;-)

ur416c6zl.th.jpg

still under construction, so camo doesnt fit on edges, and such, but it can give you some idea about what you will get.