Sign in to follow this  
Trapper

ZOS/Zombie Outbreak Simulation

The mission is different from any other OFP zombie missions I know. It doesn't use zombiespawns around the player, and it never will.

It's about how the dead spread over the island (featuring scott tunstalls ai) and using OFP strategys to stop it. The other zombie missions I know with random zombie spawns near the player are more like resident evil.

Look at this simulation to get the idea.

And remeber it's about the evacuation not just keeping your squad alive.

As the mission starts out random everytime, its also possible that you launched a game with the first zombies in disadvantage.

Or you're feeling just to save right now... read Bunkerslusken reply about 1st alpha release. wink_o.gif

EDIT:

Well, COOP... maybe someelse can do it when i've finished the final version of this. It's already difficult to create it for singleplayer. Right now the mission uses around 51 scripts most of them are created from scratch. goodnight.gif Not to forget the Unified Zombie Mod ai is also scripted and got never final. I don't know if it will work in a mp version like in sp.

The mission is different from any other OFP zombie missions I know. It doesn't use zombiespawns around the player, and it never will.

It's about how the dead spread over the island (featuring scott tunstalls ai) and using OFP strategys to stop it. The other zombie missions I know with random zombie spawns near the player are more like resident evil.

Look at this simulation to get the idea.

And remeber it's about the evacuation not just keeping your squad alive.

As the mission starts out random everytime, its also possible that you launched a game with the first zombies in disadvantage.

Or you're feeling just to save right now... read Bunkerslusken reply from 1st alpha release. wink_o.gif

mhm, i see what you mean, but the zombie AI is not advanced enough and OFP cant handle enough units to make it really work  confused_o.gif

but hey, its still fun to play, so IMO you did a good job for whats possible within OFP...  smile_o.gif

EDIT: about coop, well, its not really necesary, most COOP missions with addons never get played confused_o.gif

To push ofp with the zombie ai to its limits was the idea. Thanks smile_o.gif

Sooner or later one of the "not so advanced" zombie ais will take you by surprise. nener.gifwink_o.gif

I think for such small islands like the ones in OFP the population its quite realistic and stays within OFP limits:

Quote[/b] ]

(Very) Small Village: 7

(Small) Village: 11

City (*g*): 2x 11

Sarugao overall population: 175 civilians + 12 already zombie

Beeing only one of 10 little blue dots (soldiers) makes it a challenge in this scale.

Well, as for COOP, I don't know how hard it could be, but from what I've noticed It's mostly just to make the other members of your squad "Playable", and things wrap up pretty much automatically.

Though I'm not sure about this mission, as you said with all those scripts and all...

With your permission, I could make that little change, and try it with my brother tonight, see how it works out?

Permission granted smile_o.gif

But I'm sure something scripted will refuse to work.

The complicated part of multiplayer is local/global. Maybe the server/local acts like in sp, but many things could refuse to show up on the clients without setting up all scripts for it.

I suggest that you play on the client computer while testing, as you already know the mission and can tell the diffrences.

But whats up with the new alpha sp? Did you already try "your" second evac convoy?

I wish I still had my resistance CD biggrin_o.gif

I would like to play this mission. Oh well... shit happens whistle.gif

Glad to see you're still using the zombies folks!

I'll see you later in Armed Assault... yay.gif

Scott

Actually no, I haven't got the chance yet to try it out, like I said, will give it some time tonight.

And hey, I really appreciate you putting me in the readme and all. Made me feel important. wink_o.gif

Maybe you should get a new cd...:)

I've got a question for everybody, even for everyone that didn't download the mission because of all the addons:

I think the island needs some civil cars, just for decoration not driving. The mission plays on a fictional US island. All BIs cars are european. What do you think about using another addon for it?

Does it add something, or do the european buildings always destroy any "US atmosphere"

cars3zi.th.jpg

The addon

EDIT: I've realized that I can't use them because of their bad quality. If you know another us car pack let me know.

Well I tried it in COOP last night, and well we didn't encounter any difficulties at least. In fact a bit too little difficulty, My brother and I got about six kills added together, including the kills the AI guys got. I think some kind of zombie-generating script resists to work. It doesn't really come as a surprise, I just thought you'd like to know the outcome.

The second Evac team works like a charm biggrin_o.gif . Exactly what this mission needed. Although unfortunately one of the convoys got stuck in Triglav and refused to move. But thanks to the second convoy, The mission could go on. I kind of blame myself a little for not securing the towns in the convoy's path before calling them in, they ran through two zombie-infested towns before reaching the destination, and when I spectated the convoy that got stuck (Great script by the way), I noticed that all the civilians inside were all dead, so I concluded the convoy must have been overrun. Triglav seems to be a real bottle-neck for the convoys, they always kind of stuck there, though most of the time they got through eventually. Once I experienced the last vehicle of the convoy messing around San alto on the way home. Though he shook himself loose after a few minutes.

About those cars... Sure, why not, I've always wanted to try them in a mission, maybe they could be useful if your vehicle breaks down.

Well, I think a not working zombie spawn and maybe ai also are big difficulties for mp. smile_o.gif

Uhm... crazy_o.gif

Where to start with those surprising bug reports?

Credits for the spectator script belong to Vektorboson.

Did the convoy problems occur in sp or coop?

I can't imagine how the civilians could die inside the convoy vehicles. Were the vehicles destroyed, too?

Yes, the broken road in Triglav was a problem for the ai. They are supposed to drive along the NW side of the village now, not through the village.

They got stuck inside the village or just stopped near it?

If I include cars they will be locked. Especialy these ones they are uncontrolable.

In case of a breakdown (not explosion) you're able to fix the HMMWVs.

I can't imagine how the civilians could die inside the convoy vehicles. Were the vehicles destroyed, too?

I got eaten in a car too, without the car blowing up confused_o.gif

@ofpforum

Sounds like you didn't replace the original zombieScripts.pbo with the new one that is included in the mission.zip - it will fix that bug.

I've just tried it myself again, and can't reproduce it.

There's only the small chance left, that you're still hit one last time when the zombie starts to play the attackanimation while you're just entering the car. After you're inside zombies stop attacking you and attack the HMMWV (but only with the new zombieScripts.pbo)

I think I know now how the civilians died, and this is not a problem with the replacement zombieScripts.pbo. They stay zombie targets inside of a vehicle, the playersquad doesn't. I just never thought about what happens if the convoy gets stuck near zombies. Just wanted them to chase evacs for a while if they drive close by.

But at the moment I think that doesn't need to be changed. Only that the evac script could finaly get stuck in front of the rescue center (if the stuck convoy will ever be able to continue sometime later) needs to be fixed.

Hm, but second thought if its stuck somewhere, the player should reload anyway to get both evacs working again... I don't know biggrin_o.gif

There's only the small chance left, that you're still hit one last time when the zombie starts to play the attackanimation while you're just entering the car. After you're inside zombies stop attacking you and attack the HMMWV (but only with the new zombieScripts.pbo)

thats the case i think and i read what you changed in the pbo, good job on that  wink_o.gif

This is a great and diffrent mission.

Wasn't gonna try it being a zombie thing, but am glad i did a lot of fun and a nice change from the norm.

Got clobbered outside of my hummer by a mob of them!!!

Good work fella!

Wasn't gonna try it being a zombie thing...

Anyone else still thinking like that? Download now! biggrin_o.gif

khewett what do you think about the us-car question above?

US car's sounds good would make the map look less European, but it would be good to be able to use them if required also!

btw get some missing scripts when I exit the mission, assume this is where one zombie pbo is overwritten by the new one.

Just had another go, love it!

What about a blackhawk also to help maybe - mind you could be a bit too powerful against unarmed zombies!

I know about white errormessages on the upper screen when the player dies, do you mean that? Or do you mean errorinfoboxes where you have to click ok?

A Black Hawk... what about an Abrams?

No. smile_o.gif

You were deployed with the equipment around the rescue center only.

Maybe I should better delete the NVGoggles, you're all getting to big for your boots. tounge2.gif

I had another look at the us-cars, I can't use them. Quality is way too bad. The Cherokee is smaller than a BI Skoda. As there are no other us vehicle packs I know, I'm gonna use BI cars and will alter the story if neccessary.

I think it will be few, random placed and random locked. Maybe even the unlocked have to be shortwired.

EDIT: + They are not zombiesave.

Something like that.

And btw Tormes, Elecante, and Leviata will be on fire.

Its the error inf boxes im getting you have to click - am running mission from a mod folder so shouldn't be a addon clash.

Shame about the cars!

Removing the nght vision for sure would make it more tricky!

Change of plans:

No civil cars for the island. There is only one pickup addon that would fit the story, and the BIs cars would cause a storychange. Even if there were fitting cars, it would be too much work to implement realistic numbers of them, not to metion the repetition of models everywhere. Also they would cause more trouble than use for me. With the Jury-Rig action there should be no need for sparecars if you be carefull. Cars would make the mission too easy, too. You would be able to get one for every soldier.

Final missiontitle will be:

Zombie Outbreak Simulation

It gives me the possiblity to keep ZOS and should also tell everybody new to it, that this is some special kind of mission.

Next release will be a beta, coming with real nbc zombies, fire fx, briefing, intro and outro. No more new gameplay content will be added until then, only debugging the things present right now.

If you've found new bugs in 2nd alpha let me know.

Though I havent played the mission, even if it does use a nat'l guard unit, those guys get deployed all the time, so Euro cars and a euro island would work just fine!

It looks really intriguing, and when I get to school, I may download it!

Will it work with FFUR?

-Breaker Out

But with the new intro I've made yesterday there's another point against europe...

I don't know FFUR smile_o.gif But if the mod doesn't modify the AI, it should play like supposed.

Final missiontitle will be:

Zombie Outbreak Simulation

It gives me the possiblity to keep ZOS and should also tell everybody new to it, that this is some special kind of mission.

Next release will be a beta, coming with real nbc zombies, fire fx, briefing, intro and outro. No more new gameplay content will be added until then, only debugging the things present right now.

Sounds exciting! Can't wait... tounge2.gif

This mission takes some time to finnish and place some different challanges, that is good. I love the general concept of it. Very well done Trapper smile_o.gif

I'm finishing the last works, and with the new FML NBC units and civilians released, it wont be long until the beta release now.

Anyone 18 years or older, with american accent and who's able to sound like a soldier in radio transmissions wants to do voice acting?

These are the lines:

Quote[/b] ]STRM_evac_ontheway,COORDINATES RECEIVED. WE'RE ON OUR WAY.,

STRM_evac_attarget,ARRIVING AT EVACZONE. LOOKING FOR SURVIVORS.,

STRM_evac_success,SURVIVORS LOADED.,

STRM_evac_failure,IT'S TOO LATE. THERE ARE NO SURVIVORS HERE ANYMORE.,

STRM_evac_rtb,RETURNING TO BASE.,

STRM_evac_finished,WE'RE BACK AT BASE. - ON STANDBY FOR NEXT EVAC.,

Send them zipped and unmodified as 8000kHz 16Bit Mono .wavs to trapper@web.de please.