Sign in to follow this  
metallicAL

64bit?

Im upgrading soon to 64bit and just wanted to know if anyone has seen/heard anything about Armed assualt supporting 64bit?

(no one say it "should" or "shouldnt" smile_o.gif )

only really getting a 64bit cpu so that i can use PCI-E cards

i havent heard anything about that. Maybe OFP2 will support it!

64-bit CPUs are starting to the new thing people buy to there PC, so it wouldn't suprise me if it would support 64-bit CPUs.

Besides, if ArmA doesn't support 64-bit CPUs you must think on the future (games) also.

EDIT: Not sure if OFP will handle it so well though. huh.gif

Well since your going to get it anyway... does it really matter? When the game comes out... well know. wink_o.gif

If you have read the press release you know as much as anyone, other then the devs. Either way its not like the game wouldn't run if it wasnt supported. I mean they have been out for a while now, and a lot of gamers have them. So does it sound logical they would allienate a good portion of the gameing community?

64bit support is like MMX was a few years back, long transitional period, but eventually everything will use it.

So i say upgrade to 64 bit.

Most people in my area I know did already upgrade to 64 bit. (I did so nearly 1 year ago, too)

ive used a 64bit processor for more then a year now.. and all i can say is that even if it doesnt run i 64 bit mode it has some extra power when things start to get heavy..

i meen, its still keeping the pace without being upgraded since i bought it... say what other processor that would do that after a year...

ok, i have upgraded it with a extra 256mb ram reaching a total of 768mb Ram

and if ArmA will support 64 bit processing then... WOW, my comp will get a vitamin injection right up its ass wink_o.gif

it´s said that a AMD64 @2Ghz is about the same as a P4 @4Ghz..

so i say.. buy it...

it´s worth it smile_o.gif

But Win XP 64 really is lacking driver and software, I can't even use Zonealarm or Kaspersky AV on it crazy_o.gif So I switched back to 32. I'll wait at least another year before going to a 64bit OS. However the videodrivers from ATi are great but then again the audiodrivers from Creative are beta and I believe only support 2 speakers whats up with that?

But I did noticed some the smoother running of XP but no save me the trouble :/