Sign in to follow this  
csj

Last Tango in Vietnam

Para @ July 30 2005,20:26)]
Time to start making new 9th Infantry troops smile_o.gif

ZOMG Ebud's going to make some new Nam troops :O

Thanks Col, I didn't think I'd ever hear Ebud say those beautiful words again.....

don't hold me to that, lol.

wow those look nice, just makes me wana play some nam missions again so time to go and download some nam addons tounge2.gifrofl.gifyay.gif

Para @ Aug. 01 2005,05:51)]
don't hold me to that, lol.

ahhhh spoil sport! biggrin_o.gif

hehe, it'd be best to wait until AA is out before making any major set of nam units anyway. Don't want anything to become obsolete in a few months, especially since the Nam pack, while being outdated nowadays, has been around for a couple of years, and still isn't too bad.

Where the heck did all the other Nam work run off to?

amazing screenshots, i'm definitely looking forward to these...

Man this looks sooo sweet!

@CSJ

one question though, might have been mentioned, sorry if it has, but does this addon use Colonel Klink's multiple gun positions script?

just wondering.

gosh, I really dont know what to say, but keep up the good work!  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]one question though, might have been mentioned, sorry if it has, but does this addon use Colonel Klink's multiple gun positions script?

No it hasn't and no it doesn't. (atm anyway)

I am using the basic carry/transport script as used with the Dustoffs in my Iroquois pack.

Based on the original script by Alimag then improved on by Smokedrib, so far this has worked fine because the vehicles are slowish and fairly stable in the water.

As the first pic posted in this thread shows -

there are two M60 and .50 cal mg's mounted under helipad then two 20mm canons either side of the upper deck and a 40mm rapid fire grenade launcher top centre. (40mm is not shown in that pic but it is there now.)

I am not sure on the loadout for the troopy yet, still waiting on confirmation on what they had on the lwr deck if anything.

once again I ask if anyone has good sounds/.wavs for guns to be used in model ?

Thanks for the hint eestikas88, I know this practice to borrow from other games is accepted and exploited but it's not in my tenets.

I will come up with something.  smile_o.gif

Okay this site has some of the nicer sounds i found for weaponry out there. So if it isn't here, well someone tell me where ya can fine better sounds then lol :

Findsounds.com

Hope it helps a bit  smile_o.gif

Greets,

Warrior Xâ„¢

CSJ:

i remember really liking COMBAT!'s .50 cal sounds, and SEBNam's M60 sounds (the one's on their Huey's), so check those out!

edit:

when i searched for "grenade launcher" on findsounds.com, i found this and this. idk if either sounds like the real deal, though, so i guess i'll have to search for the boat or something...

edit2:

when i searched for "20 mm" i came across this.

ok thanks for responses on sounds, I have a few leads to go on.

Main concern was I am not being familiar with a 20mm or 40 mm so even picking one of the net would not meen I had the correct sound.

looking very good.   notworthy.gif

you might want to update the soldier positions a bit, they look a bit automoton ish, but its just a sugestion. thumbs-up.gif

@.pablo.

thanks they sound pretty good, I also have a couple of others which were made available to me so that should cover those weapons. M60's and .50's I have BIS sounds atm - can change them.

I have changed the cargo from 36 to 24 on good advice.

Quote[/b] ]Usually one platoon of about 20 to 24 per tango boat.  Three made up the infantry portion of a company.  On some operations two companies would be off loaded to sweep an area.  So about six tangos would be used, ...

I thought it would be more, I think I confused it with lcm8 I use to go to work on.

I do have a good memory - I just keep forgetting where I left it.

smile_o.gif

Another oldie which I will finish and add to the family

airboat.jpg

fast and noisy but effective.

Just have to do new gunner animation and tidy it up a bit

AirBoat Updated

Air Boat used in Vietnam by the Bown Water navy.

.50 cal mg mounted on the bow.

transports 4, not sure if that is fact but my model does smile_o.gif

AB2.jpg

I just have to get 1 sqs working and engine noise and it will be ready.

amazing! notworthy.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

but does it realy saw vietnam? i didn't knew about this one...

but does it realy saw vietnam? i didn't knew about this one...

It sure has, just look at this link (scroll down on it):

Quick google search (click me)

Or this link:

Wriiten prove: Vietnam and airboat in same sentence smile_o.gif

Nice little airboat ya got there CSJ. now we can protect the carriers with these little baby's doing laps around them  biggrin_o.gif

Vietnam is where I base all my missions

cant wait for ArAs

If they can do inland lakes they they shud be able to do inland rivers also which will make this thing great fun nipping along blasting at VC on the river's edge

I want Unsung to play with this ;'(

I have released a beta of the Air Boat .

There is no readme included atm so the pbo just goes in addons folder. Unit can be found under West\Boat\Airboat.

To make the pickup a bit more responsive I have set the maxspeed fairly high then I governed the ingame speed to around 40km/h. (Still checking on tech stats of these things - there is bugger all info re them on the net.)

Prop spins slow on idle then faster on higher speed/acc, hopefully, still working on script coz I will need it on later model.

Because of the nature of boats in OFP, the fact that they don't stop, I have added "AHS" in the action menu.

This will show over 5km/h, "AHS" will smoothly bring boat to a complete stop (can be radioed or set in trigger for AI)

You can override sqs to an extent but it must complete before you can pwr up fully. It is very handy when approaching bank or jetty to disembark.

Down load Air Boat from OFPBase

ab4.jpg

Crew positions as shown below - driver, gunner on bow and 4 cargo. I made gunner and cargo animations to suit the AirBoat.

ab3.jpg

photo's hosted by photobucket.

Nice boat just tried it  smile_o.gif

Few things that i noticed. Speed is slow in game in my opinion. If i measure it with pbr's this thing is slow. If special forces used this it must have gone faster i think. Dunno what the actual speed is of these things so i'll just lay back on this one lol.

Now then i noticed a bug. Try slinging a grenade at the boat and see what happens then... Yeah that's right it bounces up and down and all around. So you might wanna look into that. If you shoot at the boat it doesn't do that.

Next thing i noticed is when you blow up the model the engine sound is still heard. Check that one out. Tried it several times. Also the dammage this boat can take is better then a BMP. I tried several times and i needed two rpg's or law's to destroy it. That was also the case when using nades.

Also when you get out of the boat it chucks you out on the right side behind the boat. It does this wether your gunner/driver/passenger. Always on right back side of the boat. I tried putting the boat in different positions along the shoreline to see what happens. Well you can drown if deeper water. Check that one out.

Hope it helps ya a bit with making this model superb. Greetings,

Warrior Xâ„¢ [Zeus]