Sign in to follow this  
Kin Hil

The Biggest OFP Question Of All

The biggest conflict of the 21rst century, and yet there is no map for it yet. Oh mighty island makers, will the OFP community ever be blessed with the release of an Iraq Map?

sad_o.gif

The biggest conflict of the 21rst century

We dont know that yet wink_o.gif

While there may not be an island based on iraq directly, theres several others you can use which fit the locale (Tonal, Afghanistan)

You mean one with buildings like these?

shop1a.jpg

garage.jpg

I have to study for the lsat exam, but after october 1st, its open season for 3wx and we are aiming for an iraq feel to our first island.

If anyone is interested in helping out, drop me a pm, I could use it.

You guys, I just wanna get my urban warfare on in the streets of Mesopotamia. The sandy earth beneath my feet. The palm trees swaying in the hot wind. The insurgents detonating IED's under my Humvee and firing RPG's at my roof position. Oh island makers, won't you under take this noble task, and release unto us humble OFPers a decent Iraq map? notworthy.gif

An Najaf (old city of Najaf) map made by GOON!

http://forums.opflashpoint.org/viewtopic.php?p=189130#189130

WARNING!!! LARGE AMOUNT OF SCREENSHOTS!! smile_o.gif

so 56K will have a hard time... not all super nice pictures but its also what you see in the picture not just a nice picture but what is happening and or the buildings and scenery!!!

An Najaf (old city of Najaf) map made by GOON!

http://forums.opflashpoint.org/viewtopic.php?p=189130#189130

WARNING!!! LARGE AMOUNT OF SCREENSHOTS!!   smile_o.gif

so 56K will have a hard time... not all super nice pictures but its also what you see in the picture not just a nice picture but what is happening and or the buildings and scenery!!!

That map is now currently in the hands of the IM:UC mod as Goon has come onto our team and we will be revamping the island with more Arab / Iraqi style buildings etc.

I would definetly like to see the places the British forces fought in.

Unfortunatly I think they'll be forgotten in favour of Baghdad and Fallujah, and the British role in the war forgotten.

I would definetly like to see the places the British forces fought in.

Unfortunatly I think they'll be forgotten in favour of Baghdad and Fallujah, and the British role in the war forgotten.

Perhaps because they manage to keep their places quiet... icon_rolleyes.gif

It seem the Iraq-Maps are cursed. I've seen so many WIP-pics but none got released. Wasn't MadAussie working on one?

One generic Iraqi city is enough. It can fill the role of fallujah, ramadi, basrah, najaf, etc.

Yes, it does need more of an Iraq look, with Iraq style buildings. Iraq does not look like Tonal or Afghanistan.

Also, you need street signs(stop), lights(green/yellow/red), and paint(lanes). Not to forget side walks. Iraq is a fairly modern country, so making a fair representation of an Iraqi city involves more than slapping a bunch of middle-eastern buildings together on a sand textured terrain.

So far, so very good! wink_o.gif

ps. If you're going to make a city, make it big like a true city. Condensed in the center, and then more suburb like on the outsides. The cities in OFP so far have been nothing but 4-5 intersections of tightly packed buidlings surrounded by void.

I'm very excited. xmas_o.gif

our mod is working on IRAQ map so hold on

I almost can`t wait to bomb passing convoys on those promising Islands whistle.gif

From here comes also some stuff for iraq style'd maps (let's

say middle east style'd maps instead of iraq)

I'm working on objects and buildings.

Check out the pics in this thread.

The stopsign is also already made, just no picture of it

yet.

The project will feature modern and not so modern buildings,

as you can see both variants over there.

~S~ CD

I would like to see not only cities but general iraq deserts for gulf war 1991 scenarios.

I would like to see not only cities but general iraq deserts for gulf war 1991 scenarios.

We were (PUKF) working on a map (working title "Basra"), but due to lack of staff it dried up (no pun intended).

I have a very large (very) beta desert map that I have great tank battles on.

It seem the Iraq-Maps are cursed. I've seen so many WIP-pics but none got released. Wasn't MadAussie working on one?

Yep. I have the latest version of Mad's. He has left OFP, but has given me permission to release it. Problem is, there are so many different required addons & stuff, plus it uses older addons such as CAT's Afghanistan that have since been reworked (Ag. Smith's CAT update), it has me in quite a quagmire. If anyone wants to help me with it, feel free to PM me, and we can try to get this map released (as it should, as it is one of my favorite maps for OFP).

Yep.  I have the latest version of Mad's.  He has left OFP, but has given me permission to release it.  Problem is, there are so many different required addons & stuff, plus it uses older addons such as CAT's Afghanistan that have since been reworked (Ag. Smith's CAT update), it has me in quite a quagmire.  If anyone wants to help me with it, feel free to PM me, and we can try to get this map released (as it should, as it is one of my favorite maps for OFP).

is that the map with the Port, and numerous water pipes etc and bridges/canals (The rest of the island is sparse)

Yep.  I have the latest version of Mad's.  He has left OFP, but has given me permission to release it.  Problem is, there are so many different required addons & stuff, plus it uses older addons such as CAT's Afghanistan that have since been reworked (Ag. Smith's CAT update), it has me in quite a quagmire.  If anyone wants to help me with it, feel free to PM me, and we can try to get this map released (as it should, as it is one of my favorite maps for OFP).

is that the map with the Port, and numerous water pipes etc and bridges/canals (The rest of the island is sparse)

Yep - it's MIA_Iraz if i remember right.

~S~ CD

I did have some buildings converted from Desert Conflict but I lost them when I wiped the HDD.

It was only released once, and it was leaked. Some how OFPNEWS got a hold of it back in '03 and released it without our permission. Since then, a ton of work has been done on the map..

And a release of Iraz should take place within the next 24 hours if I can get these gamelogics to work correctly, so keep your fingers crossed thumbs-up.gif

I didn't know where to post this but this is the closest spot. To IM:UC with a rough estimate release will Najaf come out.

Also, it was on OFP.info but was nott released was a small (more multiplayer) island mad e for urban close quarters battles if anyone could update me here it would be apprciated.

One more thing, Bahadur island if I am correct is based in the middle east wondering when the release date is on this. These are a couple of islands that I heard were based on Iraq or the Middle East.

Not anytime soon im afriad because atm we are having completely new ground textures for it plus new objects due to the fact when Goon first showed us the map it had a lot of BIS and other addons which werent really middle eastern so now were getting some of our objects put on the map too.

Might release a smaller version of the map tho - like malvinas mod did when they had their demo. But thats once we have got Najaf at a good point. So all i can say is keep a look out when we do news posts for our mod.