Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

Has it not occurred to anyone that WHEN the FFUR Pack is released, according to custom you will find out about it in ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE?

If TB84 has anything to say as to when he is releasing it, it will appear here, but not links to the actual download when it is ready.

Yeah, thought of that, thats why I check BOTH forums everyday rofl.gif

They have much uploading to do, each pack seperate and then the full pack also o_O

i just wondered, which side's which?

now from my sence BOH would be A:west B:res

and PLA-VME would most likely to be A:east b:res

BOH and PLA-VME will never on the same side(they think we will/going to attack them, and we thinks that they never drop the "we own asia/world" through)

while putting BOH into both west and res side would sounds no problem, its left to a little choose, PLA-VME would most likely to be on the east side, and since the general though of being east in OFP is equal to being evil, which means that we are going to play the Bad-guy-owned-the-world game as long as that east=evil though is there, and from what i have heard from guys on the VME porject forums(not VME themself, and sorry if CYCLE6 really did overreacted), they didnt like the smell of it. confused_o.gif

edit: sometimes i just feel that there is not enought sides for all of us, could BIS plz make game2 to have atless 4 sides for us?

edit2: how about release it by P2P? BT should do to job well enought(if you not behind some kind of crap/ISP-made-firewall or lan)

Geographically Japan is further east than China although politically Japan is firmly in the western hemisphere. The "East" and "West" sides in the game are more of a definition of political sides. "Resistance" side can be used as a neutral side (eg: Finland, Sweden, Switzerland) or a third side hostile to both "East" and "West" (eg: Islamist insurgents) Makes me wonder why BOH and OFrP have their stuff on the "Resistance" side. huh.gif

China - East

Japan - West

Generic Resistance - Resistance

That's how they are in FFUR Asia.

You have 3 sides (not including civs) and people who get all bent outta shape as to which side a country is on should give their head a shake. As long as it works for gameplay, thats all that matters.

EDIT: And STOP bugging about the release date. TB will tell you when its ready.

Hi all,

Don't worry mates , as Reven said, we're working on the installers, plus we will have to upload the whole stuff... it may take a while, dunno how much but I'll keep you informed

Quote[/b] ]Geographically Japan is further east than China although politically Japan is firmly in the western hemisphere. The "East" and "West" sides in the game are more of a definition of political sides

Indeed.

Well , before releasing'em , I'd like to know which pack would you grab at first...

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

i would go gor the 2005 one cause that looks awseome then the Asian crisis, then ill download the other 3 around the same time

sounds like it must be soon

FFUR 1985, because CWC is the first campaign I'm going to play... again. Believe it or not but I have never, since 2001, finished it.

i finished the Res and 1985 campaign but i got stuck on the red hammer mission where you have to steal the fuel truck little stupid things like ejecting out of a chopper instead of auto hover

anyway i played with the old woodland ones so i think a change with 2005 units would be super cool

I'd get the Modern Pack, cause I love modern weaponry. Then the Asian Pack cause its very original and I dont think I'd get the other packs, cause I dont like Desert or winter addons, and I'd have no use for the eighties addons.

I'll probably get the 1985 ones, maybe at the same time the 2005 one, then get the Asian one after a while of playing around with the other two. Dunno why, thats just the order I first thought of. smile_o.gif

@Pierre (or to anybody who knows the awnser)

What was the name of the music for the FFUR promo? (not the Top Gun vid) I've heard it before, but I never learnt its name.

I just need it for a little home (non OFP) project I'm doing. smile_o.gif

Thanking you!

hey the music to that vid is Rob D - Clubbed to death

i asked for it when the vid came out biggrin_o.gif

but yep im downloading the full pack but downloading each one seperately my poor download limit wont aloow it 1GB a day and it doesnt get carried over

i cant wait for this its like first getting ofp on christmas all over again even thought i got it in the middle of the summer biggrin_o.gif

They might as well make this a sticky. It's been at the top of the list for the past couple days. tounge2.gif

I might get the winter pack (since I like wintery things) but I'm not sure. Like I said before, definitely getting modern.

Personally, I liked the 1985 packs better, but I recognize that most prefer more up-to-date stuff.

Combat feels very different in the Woodland and Winter packs. I like it better than default OFP. I don't remember if I tested the Desert pack, or not.

The Asian Pack should be interesting. I'll be learning whole new sets of vehicles.

I really want the modern pack but have to go with Full because I must have it all! thumbs-up.gif