Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

Hi thunderbird84,to be frankly I shall draw a negtive response to the idea of Asia MOD. mad_o.gif CYCLE6,a number of VME,asked whether you've got the permission to use PLA as the opponent side,what's worse,against Japanese.The nowaday relationship between China ,my motherland,and Japan is not the same as that of France and Gemany.You may worsen that among the civilians both of China and Japan.

I think three things should be pointed out here -

1. In the original game, the Russians are potrayed as opposition (even to the extent that in the Russian campign, you end up fighting against the Russians), yet do you see any Russians complaining about this fact?

2. In the original VME version, the chinese were on the 'opposition' east size, I dunno why any member of the VME would find this suprising.

3. (most importantly) THIS IS A GAME! If you dont like it, no-ones forcing you to download and play it.

1. Yes, a mojority, especially on flashpoint.ru is unhappy. And for future please if you are ignorant to something dont state something as fact. Even worse the fact that even modeling wise east (or OPFOR or soviets whatever u wana call them) have been neglected completely. Check VBS OPFOR. Tiny unit model changes (of course nothing up to the standard of west) vehicle wise i saw no differene to the retarded (sorry BIS :P) old OFP models.

2. The east/west makes no difference it is the actions which are portrayed in the game which make the difference. E.g. if I leave East as Soviet and I make a mod of nazi germany and for convinience sake put them in west, doesnt mean that the nazi's were "good" and soviets "bad".

3. Very true but dont forget that the original addon makers also have a right to descide weither they want their stuff portrayed as so and may reject permission.

Quote[/b] ]But I think one thing you guys really don't understand: WE HATE japanese, and THEY HATE US!!! I can't tell you how do we hate them because I think I can't us any dirty words. But I can feel the hate in my blood and bone!!!

... I hate reading things like this myself... I know why you may dislike them and the same goes for them too, but we live in a different world now and we are, afterall, all allies! This belongs in the PAST ! Even if your country does have some minor political problems with Japan, please try to avoid bringing these political tensions within games! Argh... What a shame man, we're all here to have fun in a friendly environment, so please, let's all try to get an "open minded" attitude and to not focus on the story.

'Look in front of you, not behind you!' wink_o.gif

Both of your people have interesting and different cultures; you should forget the past and leave it to historians...

This IS just a game and if you still hat'em so much then kick their ass in ofp and the same goes for them whilst playing the FFUR Asian Crisis . :P

please think about this in the right way...

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

1. Yes, a mojority, especially on flashpoint.ru is unhappy. And for future please if you are ignorant to something dont state something as fact. Even worse the fact that even modeling wise east (or OPFOR or soviets whatever u wana call them) have been neglected completely. Check VBS OPFOR. Tiny unit model changes (of course nothing up to the standard of west) vehicle wise i saw no differene to the retarded (sorry BIS :P) old OFP models.

First off in my eyes Soviet was the evil part in cold war but in the game its not even the Soviet union who control the units.

But plese stop the East has no addons whining that is just rong alot of high quality addons for East has been made meany which exceeds the quality of western addons. About VBS the reason there is so meany west units is the basic fact that there are western/NATO armies who pay to have units which represents thier contry and units, OPFOR are just standins dressed in older russian gear just like the gear, western/NATO units will most likely fight against in the real world as long as we have the world order we have if Russia wanted a VBS pack for them than I am sure you would see meany russians on west side and posible some more rebels on the other.

It has come to a point where the only thing you can fight against is terrorist's(terrorist usualy don't have advanced armor and equipment) but com on, sooner or later we will have a war betwheen two independed nations who is right or rong is up to history to decide. Support having and US vs russia and china vs japan not because its likly but because you get yo play with modern equipment even though its the old world order which is portraited.

STGN

Quote[/b] ]This IS just a game and if you still hat'em so much then kick their ass in ofp and the same goes for them whilst playing the FFUR Asian Crisis . :P

Damn right!!

Quote[/b] ]Support having and US vs russia and china vs japan not because its likly but because you get yo play with modern equipment even though its the old world order which is portraited.

That's the whole reason why I'm going to download it!! Modern weapons! thumbs-up.gif

Although if China and Japan did combine efforts they would be the greatest superpower the world has ever known. Infinate technology from Japan, and infinate industry from China. Think about it...

Quote[/b] ]sadly that photo is nearly 20 years ago, if you want I can get photos of african-americans not being allowed to vote which is about 30 years old and tell me if that is democratic

To be honest, you don't have to go back as far as 30 years ago.  You can spot examples of un-Democratic behaviour 30 days ago! Agreed, America's not perfect - but we do have the right (at the moment) to protest. That is until Patriot Act II and it's like take over. goodnight.gif

But as Thunderbird says, this is only a game. I really don't think it's existence will worsen international relations between the peoples of China and Japan. If you don't like the scenario make the independant decision to avoid it and allow others to enjoy it - that's Democracy in practice. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]yeah and Americans hate Canadians what else is new?

EDIT: Chipper, thats just a stupid post. Seriously.

The next time you guys have one of your crisis's like a 911 or one of your weekly hurricanes...keep in mind that people from up here ALWAYS help you guys out in some way.

And US people wonder why they cant get along with anyone.

whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]edit: took out me being an ignorant fool

Too late.

I want a Canada vs. USA FFUR now.  mad_o.gif  tounge2.gif

I'll take you over with my beer bottle and a pound of bacon...you wouldnt even see it coming...eh.

Permission from who? Chairman Mao? He's dead...

Taht's not a funny saying ,friend. sad_o.gif

I did express my concern about the Asia MOD,and I've read Tony's words that he agrees with the idea.So I can stretch my body along the chair slightly and wait for the release.

I think CYCLE6's words are some a bit of extreme.China is getting openly,not as serious as what CYCLE6 said.Some electronic products are prohibited because they uglified my motherland,which is unacceptable to the nation,is that to be blamed?Be justicial to China ,just as what China have been doing do you. smile_o.gif

I really don't know what you are saying here (lost in translation), but I'm sorry if you took offense at my mentioning the death of the Great Leader. Of course the Great Leader is not really dead...

Maybe a more realistic campaign would be China vs. India. That would be an interesting scenario. Tibet can be the Resistance. Would that be censored in China? How about a scenario where China allies with all the free nations of the world to liberate Taiwan from its despotic leaders? Acceptable?

I don't think I've heard such nonsense in a long time. I think you need to worry more about changing China than changing what mods people make for video games.

Sorry about my expression in English,well,actually I wanted to be frienedly in my words~ huh.gif

As TB84 and other felllows said ,it's just a game.Besides, since Tony agrees to this project,I think I donnt need to worry about it any more.So I said "I can stretch my body along my chair...",which means that I can set my heart at rest now. biggrin_o.gif

But from the bottom of my heart,I dont wanna see my motherland have a conflict with any country,any party.Moreover,I stick to my concern about this project's worsening relationship between China and Japan,not that between the governments,but that between the citizens.:hm:

"I think you need to worry more about changing China than changing what mods people make for video games." These are words of great encouraging to me! What I shuold concern about more is how to develope my country better!

Quote[/b] ]Moreover,I stick to my concern about this project's worsening relationship between China and Japan,not that between the governments,but that between the citizens.

I doubt that any international relationships will be harmed or affected in any way by the release of this pack.

Maybe by this discussion, but not by a mod for a videogame.

EDIT: Pack looks great, by the way. It'll be interesting to see the hardware of these two nations. Awesome job, and keep it up!

Perhaps we should cease on this discussion, as this thread is about FFUR, not real world relationships between countries.

A question for thunderbird: Did you take out the 'Lower Goggles' feature on some units? I found this feature to be quiet useless, and takes up space on the action menu.

why dont we just end this pointless discussion its a game its your choice if you wish to download it or not its not reality Russians or Americans dont say anything about the orignal game so why should any other country

i know this post is only going to raise more questions but can we just forget it

I want a Canada vs. USA FFUR now. mad_o.giftounge2.gif

Then who would be be east and west?!?! tounge2.gif

I think we should get back to discussing the mod, and not discussing politics.

Hi all,

Kyle_k_ski, if you remember well , you sent me the link of a gory website containing a bunch of harsh documentaries showing people getting killed by firearms... I watched the same movies yesterday and concluded that the blood doesn't appear as you say, it appears 2O or 3O seconds after the impact on the body and looks quite close to what we've incorporated in FFUR.

Quote[/b] ]A question for thunderbird: Did you take out the 'Lower Goggles' feature on some units? I found this feature to be quiet useless, and takes up space on the action menu.

Done.

Even being so rarely used, I replaced the LST by the LSD in the FFUR 2005.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

on the ffur site under islands misc it says that the low res pack uses bis textures and models so si that just a way of saying its not been changed or are those the ones from the older packs like 4.2 i think they were added ?

Soul_Assassin posted: Oct. 06 2005,00:15

Quote[/b] ]...

The east/west makes no difference it is the actions which are portrayed in the game which make the difference. E.g. if I leave East as Soviet and I make a mod of nazi germany and for convinience sake put them in west, doesnt mean that the nazi's were "good" and soviets "bad".

Very true but dont forget that the original addon makers also have a right to descide weither they want their stuff portrayed as so and may reject permission.

I agree with you to some extent. Furthermore I'd like to express the following concepts which are related to "representation phenomenon" as a person who graduated from Istanbul Bilgi University, Faculty of Communication. My thesis was concerning representation in cinema. Another art scope like video games/ simulations…

Please don't take me wrong, I'm eagerly waiting FFUR Asian pack and not against this creation right now. However, we don't know this "representation" completely. We'll wait and see thumbs-up.gif

Borders "Can't see them!" crazy_o.gif

Of course, creating for Ofp or for any video game/ simulation software is creating art. Artists have their natural right of representing whatever they want, and how they want to some extent.

This "extent" is not something very certain. But as you know, racism, any kind of "discrimination", "explicit" presentation of "sexual activities" and many similar injurious expressions hurt people's feelings because such representations simply injure people and their lives by harming their value systems, "morals". Such art is still art but unethical.

As abovementioned, borders are not very certain for art forms. This ambiguity provides artists with extreme freedom unless they injure people.

Here sensitivity is the key. Social sensitivity... Being human-oriented... Humanism...

- Every artist must have social sensitivity.

Context "Medium is the message?! I don't get this!" crazy_o.gif

Every subject affects the context it’s in and be affected by its context. This means that you can't put your artwork in every context. If you do, your artwork means something different than it does in other medium. If you create a fictional island for Ofp and put X and Y soldiers in this island and publish this it's okay as far as I'm concerned. But if you put these soldiers in some "problematic land" this means something different. It may be okay but this time you should be much more careful about being socially-sensitive. Otherwise you may hurt people... If you defend yourself and your creation by the common expression, "This is just a game/ book /movie -or art in general-", please read below,

Realism "This movie sucks because in the game Lara Croft isn't like this. Suckers! I want my money back!" crazy_o.gif

Movies, games, books are different art platforms and each one is unique. Even artworks on the same platform are unique. It's not the movie of the game, Tomb Raider. It is something quite different and unique.

"Well, as artists, we can represent any nation, any community/ group/ force or any brand of real world in our creations by using their names, without taking permission or caring about if they feel "harassed". This is art! This isn't real! We are artists, man! We take this infinite freedom from God! Oh my God!" yay.gif

If you use real names, brands etc, in your creation and accept that you mention the real life equivalents of them, this time you can't defend yourself by saying, "we're making something fictitious".

I don't feel that I need to sum up but social sensitivity is the key.

eagerly waiting FFUR Asian pack! thumbs-up.gif

Best Wishes

----------------------------------------------

Enjoy Turkish Union Addon Pack v2.0 smile_o.gif

Gökhan

Turkish Union 2005

"High-end Turkish Simulations"

Although if China and Japan did combine efforts they would be the greatest superpower the world has ever known. Infinate technology from Japan, and infinate industry from China. Think about it...

Interesting you should say this. I just watched a video of a Japanese politician in the 60's getting a sword rammed all of the way through his torso by a 17 year-old who rushed the podium.

This politician was known for advocating an alliance between Japan and China.

Interestingly, a flash-bulb snaps at the very instant that the politician and his attacker were closest, even though the whole attack happened in a flash.

Sounds like an assassination by the "establishment", to me. I wouldn't put it past the Americans (being American) to make sure that guy died.

I watched the same movies yesterday and concluded that the blood doesn't appear as you say, it appears 2O or 3O seconds after the impact on the body and looks quite close to what we've incorporated in FFUR.

Agreed. If a bullet blows out a chunk of meat, the only blood put into the air is the blood that was in the capillaries of that meat where it was separated from the body.

Usually the blown-away chunks will reveal pink or beige tissues.

It's only when the tissues start bleeding that you get blood.

Sure, if you sever a large artery/vein/whatever, you might get a gusher or some spray, but that's nowhere near guaranteed.

Pink mist and flying chunks might be the worst you see, unless you've got a .50 BMG and it separates whole body parts from each other.

From videos I have watched, movement of the body seems to be the biggest factor determining whether the shooter keeps shooting. Blood splatter doesn't seem to be something that the shooter can rely on to inform him as to whether he scored a good hit or not. That's Hollywood.

Of course, if you gut-shot someone with a 12 gauge loaded with birdshot from about 15 feet away and he is standing in front of a white wall, that might be a reliable indicator. wink_o.gif

But I think one thing you guys really don't understand: WE HATE japanese, and THEY HATE US!!! I can't tell you how do we hate them because I think I can't us any dirty words. But I can feel the hate in my blood and bone!!!

So many country on the world, but you just chosed japan!!

It's really not a good choice for Chinese people.

Seems like the most logical choice to me, then, if you hate each other.

Maybe now you can get a Chinese squad to battle a Japanese squad and settle your differences on the virtual battlefield, where the only red that is spilled is pixels, not blood.

Triple posting? You know there's nothing wrong with editing! wink_o.gif

Interesting stuff though. Espesially with your second post. I honestly never knew that before (yes I sucked at Biology). I always thought that some amount of blood would be blown out with some of the flesh if the bullet went straight through.

You learn somthing new everyday, huh? biggrin_o.gif

New Video

Pierre has made yet another stunning video, this time one mimicking the dogfights within the film 'Top Gun'. This is his best one yet!

Download

Hey mates , Interesting discussions here but please still stay in the main subject of this thread...

The asian problem's been resolved and got some nice discussions with both sides.

As news I may say ya that we finished all packs and now we're testing the whole stuff to make sure we've taken out all bugs and errors.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84