Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

I should stop posting pics of ironsights and scopes....

and huh.gif WHY BENT SHOT huh.gif just wait and try them ingame ... I mean you where able to shot with BIS RPG sight ... why shouldn't you be able to AIM with this.

the tank you see in the pic is just to show how it looks ... if you aim like on the pic you won't hit that is sure smile_o.gif

maybe you should do it like this:

VAMPIRE.gif

Those are some good looking pics, they have more depth to them than the previous ones. Although the E&S M4/M16A4 sight was nice to start with can't help noticing before it was used for rifles with the A2 uppers. Yeah I know it's nothing that affects gameplay of course, but for us gearwhores out there we're like those damn people who are bound to speak up during a silly movie scene. Anyways always great work the FFUR is coming out with. smile_o.gif

Hi thunderbird84,to be frankly I shall draw a negtive response to the idea of Asia MOD. mad_o.gif CYCLE6,a number of VME,asked whether you've got the permission to use PLA as the opponent side,what's worse,against Japanese.The nowaday relationship between China ,my motherland,and Japan is not the same as that of France and Gemany.You may worsen that among the civilians both of China and Japan.

And yet we can download the Swedish Special Forces pack, and use them as enemys for our American Rangers.

It's all fictional, take it easy.

TB most likely did get permission.

Permission from who? Chairman Mao? He's dead...

Quote[/b] ]The nowaday relationship between China ,my motherland,and Japan is not the same as that of France and Gemany.You may worsen that among the civilians both of China and Japan.

Well if you play OFP using Russia against the USA...arent you just the hypocrite for saying that.

You seem to have no problem playing using other countries because China and Japan are user made sides and did not come originally in the game...then what gives you the right to complain?

Why'd you buy the game anyways?

icon_rolleyes.gif

This proposition is probably going to raise the hair on the back of many a OFP player's neck, but I'll state it here anyway...

Is there any chance that the "zoom effect" one gets in OFP when aiming down iron sights can be deactivated for realism's sake? Or, at the very least, make the iron sight's zoom effect far less powerful?

That kind of zoom in effect never, ever happens in real life. Even when one properly holds one's breath while aiming, all it does is very temporarily adds a little bit more clarity to what one is aiming at.

If there are no plans to remove the iron sight's zoom effect, could someone post a thorough walkthrough for how I may be able to adjust it myself?

Thanks!

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]plaintiff1

Posted: Oct. 04 2005,22:32

I would like to see your team do something with the blacked out images, tho. You should make reflections off of the inside of the scope instead of just leaving a ghost of the image of the original scope that you blacked out with a fill tool. This is NOT meant to be insulting. I think that that technique works with the rounder scopes, perhaps, but in the case of the one where you can actually see the stand and the elevation knob, it looks terrible. The lenses look really good, tho.

well there were some discussions about SNIPER SCOPES yet.

we decided to make them like they are now. ...

I'm not quite sure you know what I mean... either that or I reaaally don't know what you mean. I'm having trouble with the way you worded those sentences. The meaning is sort of ambiguous.

I'm not saying remove the black-out.. I'm saying remove the ghosts of the artwork that you blacked out. If you replaced them with some glinting or something to make the inside of the scope look smooth it would be really great, I think. With the current sniper scopes, that is already suggested.. but the origin of the lighter shapes is painfully obvious to the discerning observer. You can actually see knobs, etc, and it looks like you have a view of a scope inside of another scope or something.

I also have another comment on your rpg scope. If I understand it correctly, in order to aim at a tank that is at extended range, you will actually have to point the scope far above the tank, obscuring it with the site mounting. This may cause some people some problems.

From CYCLE6,

Quote[/b] ]...And you know what, our nation have a very serious political control! All the web site which have too many "bad" political tendency will be prohibit. We now have a territory problem with Japan. Watch some news you will see it.

Hey mates,

And what about Battlefield 2 ?... I've seen in it the PLA army fighting against several armies... and why don't they prohibit it in China ?

I repeat again , the objective of our pack isn't to put your army in the worst side , but to put you in the side where you should be, do you imagine Japanese as easterns?

It doesn't have any sense, if you're disturbed by the fact to fight against "japanese"... well, I repeat again :

This is a GAME , it's fictionnal , not the REALITY !

Check all OFP Websites , you will notice that 80% of missions/campaigns stories are fictionnal,though...

Quote[/b] ]We still don't have a campaign just because some of the political problems.

...but you've allready done several missions with PLA as ennemy against the russian and US armies... you can do your campaign , there are a lot of nice people from several websites outside China who can host your stuff.

Quote[/b] ]If the goverment think your conversion pack have a political tendency (of course you don't, but they will think so.) Our web site will have a problem, and the boss of our web site is a government employee, we already had trouble for once becaus some guys discussed some political problem in bbs.

Sorry but I don't understand you too much , you say that your goverment will take out your website if it would see a such pack... but why?

you aren't the authors of the "FFUR Asia Crisis" , you haven't done "the story's context"... so you haven't to worry about that, plus to make sure you won't get any troubles , just don't publish the "FFUR Asian Crisis" in your website.

... and finally, the authors of the "FFUR Asian Crisis" don't live in China smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] Do you know Tonyranger? He is a lead of VME, you could discuss with him. All you need is a little more patience and wait for a little longer then that's the biggest respect to us, to all Chinese people.

Of course I know him , and I GOT THE PERMISSION FROM HIM to use VME stuff, he ENTIRELY knows about this project and HE SUPPORTS IT ,we have worked together a lot on a bunch of stuff... but China is too big my friend , you can't be aware about everything around ya.

smile_o.gif

The next time , you guys may discuss a bit with your Leader before coming ... ///. : )

Have a nice Day Chinese comerades.

Quote[/b] ]I also have another comment on your rpg scope. If I understand it correctly, in order to aim at a tank that is at extended range, you will actually have to point the scope far above the tank, obscuring it with the site mounting. This may cause some people some problems.

Nop ! , you'll have to aim like you usually aim , with the cross on the target, the prob's resolved,though.

Quote[/b] ]Even when one properly holds one's breath while aiming, all it does is very temporarily adds a little bit more clarity to what one is aiming at.

We added that effect mate , it's high when you aim standing up, a bit lower when you crouch , and lower when you are in the prone position.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Taht's not a funny saying ,friend. sad_o.gif

I did express my concern about the Asia MOD,and I've read Tony's words that he agrees with the idea.So I can stretch my body along the chair slightly and wait for the release.

I think CYCLE6's words are some a bit of extreme.China is getting openly,not as serious as what CYCLE6 said.Some electronic products are prohibited because they uglified my motherland,which is unacceptable to the nation,is that to be blamed?Be justicial to China ,just as what China have been doing do you. smile_o.gif

From CYCLE6,
Quote[/b] ]...And you know what, our nation have a very serious political control! All the web site which have too many "bad" political tendency will be prohibit. We now have a territory problem with Japan. Watch some news you will see it.

Hey mates,

And what about Battlefield 2 ?... I've seen in it the PLA army fighting against several armies... and why don't they prohibit it in China ?

I repeat again , the objective of our pack isn't to put your army in the worst side , but to put you in the side where you should be, do you imagine Japanese as easterns?

It doesn't have any sense, if you're disturbed by the fact to fight against "japanese"... well, I repeat again :

This is a GAME , it's fictionnal , not the REALITY !

Check all OFP Websites , you will notice that 80% of missions/campaigns stories are fictionnal,though...

Yeah and as for the sides,I never saw it as East or West as good or evil,for one good and evil are mere viewpoints,one side views their the good and the other the evil,anyway I believe it more to be a directional thing,with the US forces being in the Western hemisphere and Russians around the Eastern hemisphere,it kind of makes sense don't ya think.

http://worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/comprose.gif

http://www.zoomvacations.com/New%20Zoom/world%20map.jpg

Though it seems that China would be on the West side...of course I could also be looking at the wrong group of islands...

http://archives.cnn.com/2000....bet.gif We can see here that China is located just below Russia, and here we see Japan located just...East of China http://www.bsca.org/Images/T-Japan-map.gif ....sooo...Hmm...

Hmm, Both of countries used in the FFUR Asian Crisis haven't been placed in "west" or "east" sides geographically... but POLITICALLY.

China even after the huge efforts done these years to incorporate the "western" side , it's still COMMUNIST.

No comment about Japan,though.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Excellent idea using the Chinese and Japanese units for a FFUR Asian Crisis pack. Very much looking forward to it! One question though, will this FFUR pack include blood effects such as in the ECP mod? I really liked those.

Sadly, she's a long way from being Democratic

Tianasquare.jpg

Having said that - certain Democracies are less Democratic these days as well!   help.gif

Excellent idea using the Chinese and Japanese units for a FFUR Asian Crisis pack. Very much looking forward to it! One question though, will this FFUR pack include blood effects such as in the ECP mod? I really liked those.

FFUR Blood effect's different from ECP one, FFUR Blood effect is based on Kegetys one done a few years ago ,btw I improved it a bit:

Here's a screen

bloodscript0sk.jpg

wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Benus, man keep those screens of your great work coming mate. Please! notworthy.gif

Sadly, she's a long way from being Democratic

Tianasquare.jpg

Having said that - certain Democracies are less Democratic these days as well!   help.gif

sadly that photo is nearly 20 years ago, if you want I can get photos of african-americans not being allowed to vote which is about 30 years old and tell me if that is democratic

There is no such thing as good and evil, and right or wrong. There is only opinion.

Example:

Back during the times BC some cultures considered killing eachother in ceremonial fights and for vengance etc. was deemed "good." That was their opinion then. Of course people now are going to say it was "bad." But that was thier culture then, and to them it seemed right.

Ok, enough offtopic, back to the point at hand:

Loving the RPG ironsights Benus! You're going to have quite an impressive gallery by the end! biggrin_o.gif

Can't wait for more updates thumbs-up.gif

its all looking good the sites and the blood effects cant wait for the final release date

Will the faces be replaced?Then whose face will be Guba?Tony? rofl.gif Not so old as him.

And what will you do with Angilia? tounge2.gif

Pierre has made a new video which I have added to the site. This time it's charting the Desert conversion.

See ffur.net for download.

Thunderbird84,

I don't want to sound like I'm nitpicking here, but is it possible to modify the blood effect by adding in some streaked blood, as if it was forced out at high velocity by the round/shrapnel? The kind of blood effect that's shown in the screenshot is one I'd expect to see from someone who was slowly bleeding out.

Kyle

Hi thunderbird84,to be frankly I shall draw a negtive response to the idea of Asia MOD. mad_o.gif CYCLE6,a number of VME,asked whether you've got the permission to use PLA as the opponent side,what's worse,against Japanese.The nowaday relationship between China ,my motherland,and Japan is not the same as that of France and Gemany.You may worsen that among the civilians both of China and Japan.

I think three things should be pointed out here -

1. In the original game, the Russians are potrayed as opposition (even to the extent that in the Russian campign, you end up fighting against the Russians), yet do you see any Russians complaining about this fact?

2. In the original VME version, the chinese were on the 'opposition' east size, I dunno why any member of the VME would find this suprising.

3. (most importantly) THIS IS A GAME! If you dont like it, no-ones forcing you to download and play it.

Taht's not a funny saying ,friend. sad_o.gif

I did express my concern about the Asia MOD,and I've read Tony's words that he agrees with the idea.So I can stretch my body along the chair slightly and wait for the release.

I think CYCLE6's words are some a bit of extreme.China is getting openly,not as serious as what CYCLE6 said.Some electronic products are prohibited because they uglified my motherland,which is unacceptable to the nation,is that to be blamed?Be justicial to China ,just as what China have been doing do you. smile_o.gif

I really don't know what you are saying here (lost in translation), but I'm sorry if you took offense at my mentioning the death of the Great Leader. Of course the Great Leader is not really dead...

Maybe a more realistic campaign would be China vs. India. That would be an interesting scenario. Tibet can be the Resistance. Would that be censored in China? How about a scenario where China allies with all the free nations of the world to liberate Taiwan from its despotic leaders? Acceptable?

I don't think I've heard such nonsense in a long time. I think you need to worry more about changing China than changing what mods people make for video games.

We don't really care if you add the PLA mod go against some countrys, you can try US or Russian against us, it's ok.

But I think one thing you guys really don't understand: WE HATE japanese, and THEY HATE US!!! I can't tell you how do we hate them because I think I can't us any dirty words. But I can feel the hate in my blood and bone!!!

So many country on the world, but you just chosed japan!!

It's really not a good choice for Chinese people.

Whatever, if you still wanna make such a stuff, go ahead, I can't stop you.