Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

Quote[/b] ]Desert camo textures (Already installed and replaced )

Is there such thing as a desert como apache in real life? To my knowledge all apaches have a dark black texture only.

Take a look at the Israeli Longbow's.

The AH-64 I'm expecting to use...hmm..well that newest one I suppose,I think it looks better to be honest and fits more with all the newer updated addons.

Take a look at the Israeli Longbow's.

The AH-64 I'm expecting to use...hmm..well that newest one I suppose,I think it looks better to be honest and fits more with all the newer updated addons.

Yes but the US doesnt camo there AH-64s along with most their helocopters.

Yeah but this mod adds American and Russian units as well as resistance. It doesn't add Israeli units. And to my knowledge, there is no desert painted apache in the US army.

They're very close to the wanted camo used at the era 1985...

Thats just a plain one colored desert camo, not the 6 colored camo on your tents.

Yeah , but unfortunately I haven't seen any 1 color desert camo US tent until now...

Nope not desert painted but there are Cobra's and Kiowa's as well as a blackhawk or two painted in desert 1 color and some pavehawks in 2 or 3 desert colors.

Nope not desert painted but there are Cobra's and Kiowa's as well as a blackhawk or two painted in desert 1 color and some pavehawks in 2 or 3 desert colors.

Yep... Cobra and kiowa already used to replace BIS ones, but I'm not sure that the pavehawk was used at the era 1985...

I'm expecting to use CSLA UH-60 , even if they're "black" and "green" , several blackhawks seen in iraq are black , though...

well i would keep with the black Uh60's as in black hawk down tru story, it shows real footage and there using black choppers

and that was in 1993 i think or was it 1991.

anyway keep with black as still in iraq most choppers are black, unless anyone else have seen other colours

Yep... Cobra and kiowa already used to replace BIS ones, but I'm not sure that the pavehawk was used at the era 1985...

I'm expecting to use CSLA UH-60 , even if they're "black" and "green" , several blackhawks seen in iraq are black , though...

Their not black,its the overshadow and their worn as heck,trust me,I saw a longbow at an airshow here that came from Iraq and she was...well I guess you could say all of the paint on her was gone,she werent no olive drab lol.

Yeah... I still dunno , if you people'd help me to find a nice Desert camo Blackhawk suited to the era 85 in the goal to replace CSLA one..then It'd be great !

Quote[/b] ]So...how would I replace the bis model?

Simple ! try to find in the cpp

Quote[/b] ]class AH64:Helicopter

then look for

Quote[/b] ]model="\...\...";

Open the cpp of the apache you wanna use then grab its line model to replace the current one , register it and convert the cpp into bin, that's all. wink_o.gif

i dont actually think there are any desert blackhawks available ive had a quick look and found nothing apart from the black bas ones wich arent desert

you might have to re texture the CSLA 2 one with desert, or you would have to leave it black, im not too bothered about the colour but ive never seen a desert blackhawk on tv, films or even in ofp never (same with winter)

if i was you i would just keep them black but up to you

good luck with finding one if you decide to look and good luck with the rest of the mod

hmm Yeah ,me too , I've never noticed any "desert camo" blackhawk, I think it'd be best to keep it as it's now , plus CSLA UH-60's nice indeed and perfectly fits...even for winter though wink_o.gif

Well since lotta people know me and Franze are doin a UH-60 I could do a desert texture for your mod but ONLY if you will use it,if your not going to then I'm not going to bother,the type I had in mind was..*fetches pic* http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2792338lx.jpg that.

Wow ! Thank you a lot mate , of course I'll use it wink_o.gif

what about to discuss a bit about it privately ? ^^

Sure just PM me if you want to send back n forth things or we could use some type of messenger,your choice.

How about using the original BIS Animations for the resistance side For a little more diversity?

They aren't all that bad you know...

It seems that pavehawks weren't really used at the era 1985 , I'm expecting to definately incorporate xnodunitx incoming retextured UH-60...

Quote[/b] ]How about using the original BIS Animations for the resistance side For a little more diversity?

Unfortunately It won't be possible because sanctuary packs do use BIS cfgmovesMC with few changes...

What about the kiowa? http://img190.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3038561el.jpg course its not 58D or warrior but you get the picture.

And what of the AH-1? I don't think the W existed back then.

http://img190.imageshack.us/my.php?image=8113505gf.jpg this type looks like an S or somethin,I'm not quite sure but I know its not W for sure.

http://img190.imageshack.us/my.php?image=8113493jj.jpg

Judging by the types I'd say they were used in the first Gulf War aka Desert Storm.

Theres also a single color AH-64 on this page,just scroll down its near the bottom http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.p....page=20

And since its AH-64A it would make more sense in that era.

Sorry if this is annoyin ya Thunderbird its just usually when I do one thing with one vehicle I apply the same to the rest,timezone if you will.

These choppers camo's really awesome !

Quote[/b] ]Sorry if this is annoyin ya Thunderbird its just usually when I do one thing with one vehicle I apply the same to the rest,timezone if you will.

Dude , I'm sorry to annoy ya by asking ya to mak'em all : P

LOL

Honestly it'd be really great to grab a stuff close to the helicopters shown in these pictures wink_o.gif

Thanks again

Best Regards

Thunderbird84