Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.085 Released!

Just wondering... is anyone still working on ECP, and if so, what areas?

Being my fave mod, I was just hoping it hadn't run its race just yet.

Just wondering... is anyone still working on ECP, and if so, what areas?

Being my fave mod, I was just hoping it hadn't run its race just yet.

i agree. if one thing i'd like to see VME's damn cool suppressing fire married to ECP. pistols.gif

Hi, can anyone help me out here?

I've got a server for a month now and want to install ECP on it, but the Linux server files are only available on ofpec. As we all now they are unfortunately down at the moment and I can't find them on my harddisk.

Oddly as I never delete anything how I managed to loose it crazy_o.gif

So, if anyone could upload them for me it would be highly appreciated, I don't remember them being very big.

Thanks in advance smile_o.gif

Well,i can't get lighting/fountain effects to work on original islands i have edited with wrptool!I have added such things like radars(spinning),windmills,cornfields and some small stuff.Get matrix doesn't help.

Well,i wonder why ECP gyus never answer my question!I have asked this 2 times and no reply.

Is there a chance to get the same Effects on Dedicated Server as in SP ?

I made many tests with the version before... and i think i found some things out but i lost all my configs and settings.

Any help is welcome ?

Did some testing for a while now. I encountered some probs with random weather .I tried to disable the rw in the ECP settings. But it doesn't seem to work. It always start to rain after a couple of min. I wonder if anybody else experienced such kind of thing.

I am also having this problem. Was there a solution?

Hi, can anyone help me out here?

I've got a server for a month now and want to install ECP on it, but the Linux server files are only available on ofpec. As we all now they are unfortunately down at the moment and I can't find them on my harddisk.

Oddly as I never delete anything how I managed to loose it crazy_o.gif

So, if anyone could upload them for me it would be highly appreciated, I don't remember them being very big.

Thanks in advance smile_o.gif

That´s the file you´re searching for ?

Click Me

Maybe, if you manage to get it running you could help us setting up ECP on our server aswell? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well,i can't get lighting/fountain effects to work on original islands i have edited with wrptool!I have added such things like radars(spinning),windmills,cornfields and some small stuff.Get matrix doesn't help.

Well,i wonder why ECP gyus never answer my question!I have asked this 2 times and no reply.

Sorry, mate, but the ECP team will be away for a while. We'll seldom be able to attend all your questions.

Now, regarding your question, and considering that I'm rusty in these matters and can't provide you accurate information, I recommend you to check the following:

- Your custom islands are being detected, by verifying the ECP Settings ingame dialog. If you altered Malden, but the topography and object IDs are the same, the island name should be Malden instead of Unknown.

- The fountains, churches and lighthouses have the same object ID as in the original island.

If the first fails, you must register a new island matrix. Check the readme to learn how to do it.

If the second fails, then you should look forward at keeping the same object IDs OR proving a list of fountain, church and lighthouse IDs to complete the current Island Settings.

Hey all ECP makers!

I would like to add about 600 more soundfiles to the DSAI. How do I go about this? I'm guessing it should be fairly simple, and I can config-edit my way outta jail.

What do I need to add (besides the sounds, obviously) in which scripts? smile_o.gif

What do I need to add (besides the sounds, obviously) in which scripts? smile_o.gif

Not being an ECP member I hope I'm not giving you false information, but the scripts you should probably be looking at are in the 'dsai' folder found in ECP_Effects.pbo. Also, each of those 600 sound files needs to be run through WAV2LIP (found HERE) to create an appropriate .lip file so that units mouths move to the speach, otherwise you'd have an army of ventriloquists. crazy_o.gif

Thanks for your reply, mate. Though you shouldn't worry about the voices, I make missions with custom sound, so I know alllllll about that stuff.

I've got voices from AVP2, Freelancer, Ghost Recon, everything under the bloody sun. Even Quake 4 and Doom 3 sounds are going in!

I love modding my OFP!

(Anyone think I should ask ECP if I can release the finished addon? I might be breaking about 10^8 copyright laws... confused_o.gif )

Here's what you need to implement your DSAI sound extension:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ECP_local set [###, (ECP_local select ###) + ["$$$","$$$"]]

Where ["$$$","$$$"] is your sound names array, and ### is the index number of the data related to DSAI in ECP_local settings array, as follows:

149 - (US) Idle comments

150 - (US) Songs

151 - (US) Aware comments

152 - (US) "Cease Fire" comments

153 - (US) Combat "Enemy Spotted" comments

154 - (US) Combat comments

155 - (US) Combat reply comments

156 - (RUS) Idle comments

157 - (RUS) Songs

158 - (RUS) Aware comments

159 - (RUS) "Cease Fire" comments

160 - (RUS) Combat "Enemy Spotted" comments

161 - (RUS) Combat comments

162 - (RUS) Combat reply comments

167 - (US) Grenade Screams

168 - (RUS) Grenade Screams

Make sure you update it accordingly.

This can be done through scripting. Running the code you'll produce in all missions supported by ECP can be achieved by appending it to ECP_Settings.sqf. Good luck!

Anyone think I should ask ECP if I can release the finished addon? I might be breaking about 10^8 copyright laws...

Well, you can release whatever unofficial addons you have for ECP/OFP, as long as it's your exclusive work -- or work of a well identified and credited team or group of non-related people. You MUST warn the end user that your addon is not related to the ECP team (thus not being official) and that we won't support it. You SHOULD warn the end user of the risks adventing from its usage -- just in case tounge2.gif -- and who's responsible for it.

Make sure you read our EULA before posting any further questions. If you come to look for our support, remember our contact is ECProject@gmail.com.

Gday Komuna - I've read your EULA, however... I was thinking of adding these files to the root ECP DSAI sound addon files (and its internal folders) as .wss + lips to remove any need to add more scripts to the config... however, I probably wouldn't be allowed to distribute the altered addon, would I?

Or could I complete the addon, mail it to you fellahs for testing, and then you lot could release it under your name?

If not, I'll just keep it for meself - no problem!

I was thinking of adding these files to the root ECP DSAI sound addon files (and its internal folders) as .wss + lips

That WON'T be possible. We never do such thing, that's why, on every update, a new archive is created. For example, "ECP_DSAI.pbo" and "ECP_DSAI_2.pbo".

add more scripts to the config...

I still miss your point on including your update IN THE CORE. What kind of scripts are you planning? You've realised that you don't have to mess with the core in order to make a perfect update, haven't you?

Or could I complete the addon, mail it to you fellahs for testing, and then you lot could release it under your name?

Being part of the team would make much more sense. tounge2.gif However, remember that we're picky with sound quality and realism -- Zayfod is, among other things, a real sound editor. That means we're providing a sound addon with high quality. Besides, I guess you mentioned Quake sounds and other games sounds and that's not our policy.

Other questions regarding implementation of your stuff should be sent to our contact, as posted above.

What I mean is - adding extra sounds to the respective archives of the ECP_DSAI.pbo, inserting the extra sounds descriptions into the ECP config, and adding these names to the array in the ECP_database.ldf in the ECP_effects.pbo. It seems like a lot of trouble, I know, so I'm looking into the alternate route, now that I've gotten this system to work.

And as for realism - you might be surprised at the quality of some of the sounds. For games especially like Red Faction, there may be some entirely ridiculous ones (usually combat lines  icon_rolleyes.gif  ) but I don't include them. I put (what I believe) are the most realistic - it's a buzz when you hear a squadmate say (in safe mode)

"Ever have one of those days?"

"This is easier than my last girlfriend."

"Would you believe, I used to faint at the sight of blood."

"I didn't sign up for this!"

"Well, I did ask for adventure."

"I could really go for a ham sandwich right now."

"When my shift's over, I'm gonna go play video games!"

And as for Doom sounds (I haven't been bothered cracking the Quake IV sounds - I've got far too many already), I've only included snippets from the PDAs, which sound quite good.

However, if you'd prefer I kept it for my own use, so be it!  smile_o.gif

Oh, and aren't there MOHAA sounds in the base ECP? I'm fairly sure they are, since I have all of those too...

I'd prefer to discuss this through email, as I've asked you.

I'm interested on knowing what you have and how it sounds. Nevertheless, and once again, you're complicating this tooooooo much -- "It seems like a lot of trouble, I know" -- because including them in an aside pbo archive, merging its configuration into our own, and, finally, adding the sounds names into our database is a piece of cake that takes five minutes, as long as you've done well the work previously.

For immediate release

This updates the previous ECP version 1.085

This is an official ECP update. We will call it ECP 1.085e. It solves two CTD issues that the ECP 1.085 suffered from.

Simply delete or back up your existing ECP_Effects.pbo (That resides in your @ECP\Addons folder) and replace it with this one. If you choose not to delete your old ECP_Effects.pbo then make sure the back up copy is placed somewhere OTHER than in your @ECP folder.

This update replaces ONLY the ECP_Effects.pbo and no other files, do not touch any other ECP files that you have installed.

The file is compressed in RAR format.

Download:

http://ofp.ogn.com.au/addons/@ECP/ECP_Effects_1.085e.rar

Mirror:

ECP v1.085 + v1.085e Patch Thanks to teamodb and StealthTiger

The particular ECP CTD issues that have been solved occured during ordnance explosion FX. The CTDs occured when the Getpos command was used on an object that had no model (and yet the object existed)

Further updates will be in the next FULL official ECP patch, there are some very good code enhancements, extended MP reliability, greater addon compatibilty (BIS unit will no longer be required on the map for third party ECP compliant addons to inherit ECP effects), and a few secret special effects that may really tickle you wink_o.gif . Apart from that ECP is basically gearing up for Arma.

You probably know that Ofpec is down. Ofpec is the home of ECP and when it goes down then so do we. Well, the good news is that OGN has stepped up to the plate and has provided the host for this update.

This update was made available due to the support from OGN! With thanks to  [APS]DarkPhantom and Aussie - Thanks for hosting guys!

header_06.gif

header_12.gifheader_13.gif

header_15.gif

We would welcome Mirrors as soon as possible thanks.

News

I am stepping down from running ECP for now. I leave the project in the excellent hands of Komuna. He will be running ECP from now on. I will probably be lurking around in the background for some time  whistle.gif  It has been an honour and a privilege to work with this most dedicated team, expect many great things from them in the future. I may come back later but at this stage RL has to take over.

Thanks to BIS and you the community for your support, enthusiasm, and inspiration.

Zay  thumbs-up.gif

Good on you mate! Well done!

Komuna - never mind my bitchin'! It's all working out, I'm gonna release my DSAI extension soon - using the external method of course. Thanks for the help! wink_o.gif

I have just downloaded you DSAI extension CM (have yet to test), great work. Any addition/improvement to ECP is welcome by me, I won't load OFP without it. But I think my question is better suited to this thread... where would I edit the frequency with which the AI speak while in safe mode?

Ah, mate - this isn't my area of expertise. You'd have to ask an ECP member about this (do it via email). My addon simply adds more voices, it doesn't change the frequency of speaking them. I am, however, interested in that too - please let me know how you go with that.

@CameronMcDonald nice thing with your DSAI extension   thumbs-up.gif  more is better )

how can i turn off the DSAI for one unit, they are suposed to listen to the officer and its not looking good when they are singing and talking to each others, hehe not to serious dudes

peace out

zigzag

Ah, mate - this isn't my area of expertise. You'd have to ask an ECP member about this (do it via email). My addon simply adds more voices, it doesn't change the frequency of speaking them. I am, however, interested in that too - please let me know how you go with that.

I was asking the ECP team, that's why I posted it in this thread rather than yours. wink_o.gif

Weeeell, C4P741N, if you de pbo the ECP addon named ECP_Effects, you're likely to find scripts in there named sp_us_idle or summat along those lines.

Search down until you see a ~ random 120. Change that to what you will, and obviously units will speak quicker. I've changed mine to ~ random 60, and it works quite well (only for idle speak, of course).

ZigZag - in the file ECP_Settings.sqf there is a way to do this in the section dealing with DSAI - search there. It's run via init line.

Btw, v1.1 of CAM_DSAI_Extension is finished and undergoing bug testing - I'll be releasing it when I'm finished writing up all me freakin lectures. biggrin_o.gif

For immediate release

This updates the previous ECP version 1.085

This is an official ECP update. We will call it ECP 1.085e. It solves two CTD issues that the ECP 1.085 suffered from.

Simply delete or back up your existing ECP_Effects.pbo (That resides in your @ECP\Addons folder) and replace it with this one. If you choose not to delete your old ECP_Effects.pbo then make sure the back up copy is placed somewhere OTHER than in your @ECP folder.

This update replaces ONLY the ECP_Effects.pbo and no other files, do not touch any other ECP files that you have installed.

The file is compressed in RAR format.

Download:

http://ofp.ogn.com.au/addons/@ECP/ECP_Effects_1.085e.rar

The particular ECP CTD issues that have been solved occured during ordnance explosion FX. The CTDs occured when the Getpos command was used on an object that had no model (and yet the object existed)

Oh nice an update , i haven't spotted this earlier.

Good job

Quote[/b] ]how can i turn off the DSAI for one unit, they are suposed to listen to the officer and its not looking good when they are singing and talking to each others

here is the answer if someone like me dont have the time to look in the settingsfiles, put this in the init field

[this] exec format["%1dsai\dsai_exclude.sqs",ECP_path]

peace out

zigzag