Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.085 Released!

Very special thanks for your work guys... notworthy.gif

The Ecp Mode is very beutiful...

However I've a little problem. huh.gif

I've tried to make it compatible with some unit (Jam units).

I've put a trigger big as enough (5000\5000)

somenone - present

on activation: thislit call (ECP_resources select 30)

(the sintax may be wrong here, but I'm sure I've put the right one in my mission yesterday)

Unfortunatly, as soon as the trigger initialise (0.5 sec) itself,

Opf crash to my desktop... huh.gif

There is no need for you to do this. We have already made a compatible version of JAM, which is available on our page.

I just tested as Grif said and didn't experience a CTD, is it a particular unit that it crashes for?

RED

biggrin_o.gif My savegame errors have disappeared!

biggrin_o.gif At AI skill level >50%, machine gunners now use sustained fire on full auto!

...so that's my 2 biggest OFP gripes knocked out - thanks guys notworthy.gif

Howdy.

First, a big thanks for putting this out there, guys, it's really a fantastic mod. Never ceases to amaze me just what you guys are able to get done.

Quick problem, unfortunately, and apologies if this has already been asked (couldn't see it anywhere, so...) - I've been trying to get a mission together using BAS' Tonal island and a trigger with the init string as listed in the readme, but it causes an error and CTD 100% of the time. There are only currently about 6-10 units on the map (all BAS' African Militia/Civilians/Rebels), plus one initialising unit (BIS West Soldier).

I've tried reducing the area of the trigger to simply be around the the mission itself (an area of 2000m or so), but the problem remains. I'm assuming it must be an issue with the sheer amount of objects on the island, but figure it'd be better to come to the source and ask if that's likely.

For the record, the init string I'm using is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">thislist call (ECP_resources select 30)

Many thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this!

- Grif

Hi,

Some third party addons and islands require much more resources than others, so if this occurs then please try the following work around.

Rather than using

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">thislist call (ECP_resources select 30)

in your trigger as the readme states.

Try this instead.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{[_x,true] exec format ["%1init.sqs",ECP_path]} foreach thislist

Important also: Make sure the trigger has a delay of no less than 2 seconds.

This second method is not as smooth or as fast as our recommended first method, but it may solve your problem.

Of course the best way to solve any issue like this is to actually make the third party addon ECP compliant (if it has its own init EHs), the ECP readme covers how to do this.  smile_o.gif

Please report your results and if they are positive I will include this data as another hot fix for others facing the same issue.

Thanks for the bug report.  smile_o.gif

Which missions do you play to try this out?

And what's this "Battlefields" mission everybody's talking about?! huh.gif

Battlefield 1985 is a capture and hold multiplayer map. It has many versions, like Riverbattle 1985, Battle of the Bulge, Minibattlefield etc. There is a single player mission which comes with resistance called Battlefields.

You should try out both. biggrin_o.gif

wasnt ecp suppost to be used without addons to make the normal ofp experience better, and they made EECP for the ones who wanted addons  rofl.gif

well i have no modified addons in my addons/res addons folder lol i keep that clean i like to make missions with noo addons and i have many mod folders though..

Tips for Dedicated Servers Only

Do not run a Dedicated Server using  ECP DynamicRange configuration. This may cause MP issues if non DynamicRange ECP clients connect concurrently with DynamicRange ECP clients and/or non ECP clients .

We recommend all Dedicated Servers to run a non DynamicRange ECP configuration. This will happily serve both DynamicRange and non DynamicRange ECP clients, for that matter it will also happily serve non ECP clients.

Server admins should confirm that their Dedicated Server config.cpp sound setup is set accordingly:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//ORIGINAL

#include "sound.h"

//DYNAMIC RANGE - requires DR addons!

//#include "Sound_dr.h"

Also note that the following files should not be installed on a Dedicated Server

* DynamicRange.pbo

* ECP_DR_extra_sound.pbo

* ECP_DR_extra_sound_2.pbo

* ECP_DR_extra_sound_3.pbo

* ECP_DSAI.pbo

* ECP_DSAI_2.pbo

* ECP_Effects_Sounds.pbo

* ECP_rus_land_rc.pbo

* ECP_us_air_land_rc.pbo

* ECP_us_air_rc.pbo

* ECP_us_land_rc.pbo

Having them on the Dedicated Server will not break anything, but it will waste the servers resources as they are simply sound files taking up the servers ram.

Really enjoying this ECP, boy what a great pleasuring experience for us biggrin_o.gif

So, only one question, ECP has Random Weather support. So I am asking myself the question, why it Always starts to rain after about 10 minutes. smile_o.gif

I don't like rain, altough it's not a problem if it rains now and then, but for now after playing about 20 multiplayer missions, 9/10 times after a few minutes it starts raining like hell and it doesn't really change anymore. Can I do something about that, I checked the settings/islands files but I can't really make up how to make it not rain THAT many times biggrin_o.gif

Thanks.

Yep thats a little bit annoying. It starts after 10minutes or so. Especially in mp maps this is not good but you can disable it.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{[_x,true] exec format ["%1init.sqs",ECP_path]} foreach thislist

Yea, this is working. yay.gif Had problems with the other way too.

It`s working without the delay of 2 seconds too, but for safety reasons I will use the delay. smile_o.gif

btw. I had the problems with the OFrP troops on Lorient island.

Quote[/b] ]

// ECP_random_weather_enable:

// true / false, default is true

// defined by server in MP

//ECP_public set [19, false ];

Its defined by the server hosting the game so whoever it is need to turn THEIR random weather setting OFF for it to be applied to all.

Personally i dont like random weather and keep it turned off all the time its changes too quickly and right now there isnt a variable setting in ecp which defines how quickly we want the weather to change , hope it can be done and implemented next time.

same here, Acecombat, i prefer keeping it deactivated since fast weather changes are not good for the immersion.

In mission I always try to hide weather changes in blackscreens.

i just made a cool mission and then played it with ecp and i have to say its one of the coolest things ever..

your sent on a patrol and a very foggy day and you come to this town, eveything seems two quite and then in the distance u here that new sound of a tank coming then some spooky music comes on then before u know it you and your squad is fighting for survival.. kinda like Saving Privite Rayan with lots of fog when the tanks and inf are coming near the end lol biggrin_o.gif wooow

yes its truly the beauty about the new ECP, even some lose tossed units in the editor make for an excellent mission with this mod.

I just tested the UKF Warriors in the editor on a desert map in a sandstorm, fighting some T-80s and it felt brilliant (the ECP effects and the UKF units)

The comment must be true, that said "It makes every mission a 10" thumbs-up.gif

......maybe it should be added "and makes every editor visit feel like playing a 10 mission" biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Its defined by the server hosting the game so whoever it is need to turn THEIR random weather setting OFF for it to be applied to all.

Personally i dont like random weather and keep it turned off all the time its changes too quickly and right now there isnt a variable setting in ecp which defines how quickly we want the weather to change , hope it can be done and implemented next time.

Ace that deserves a slap you should know better.

*SLAP* rofl.gif

Of course you may alter weather change durations and weather durations. icon_rolleyes.gif

ECP_Island_Settings.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">settings for a single island are as follows:

_island_name = "<island name (must be unique)>"

_island_matrix = [<island matrix>]

_island_color = <color as per color list below>

_island_lighthouses = [<list of lighthouse object IDs>]

_island_overcast_range = [<min overcast>,<max overcast>]

_island_fog_range = [<min fog>,<max fog>]

_island_weather_change_time = [<min change time>,<max change time>]

_island_weather_wait_time = [<min wait time>,<max waittime>]

_island_snow_locations = [<list of locations on the island where it snows>]

_island_snow_range = [<ranges from the above locations to allow snow>]

_island_snow_density = [<min density>,<max density>]

_island_snow_random_chance = <chance of random snow across entire island (0 to 1)>

_island_largechurches = [<list of large church object IDs>] These play European Gregorian Christian chants

_island_fountains = [<list of fountain object IDs>]

_island_heavy_rain = <Bool. True/false.> If true island has 50% chance of constant heavy rain if overcast > 0.7

Any and all weather aspects may be altered to your desire. If it changes too fast slow it down. It it rains and you don't want rain, then lower max over cast. Too foggy? Lower max fog.

whistle.gif

I was running around the mountains on Nogova today and to my surprise it started snowing. I ended up just running around looking at it, and some beady-eyed bastard with an SVD shot me in the ear crazy_o.gif

So, uh, thanks ECP wink_o.gif

Hi,

Some third party addons and islands require much more resources than others, so if this occurs then please try the following work around.

Rather than using

in your trigger as the readme states.

Try this instead.

Thanks for the bug report. smile_o.gif

Howdy.

Cheers for the prompt reply, folks, much appreciated. =)

I actually went back and did a little further digging myself to try and isolate the problem. The good news: problem's fixed. The bad news: I have no idea what the actual problem *was*, because I can't manage to replicate it outside of the mission I was working on at the time.

I basically went through objects and waypoints one step at a time, and it turned out that having an empty PV3S Civil on the map was the offender. There was nothing unusual about it (or any of the units, for that matter) - no init strings on any units, just default values. Adding the ECP trigger with an empty vehicle causes the crash, and adding it without one doesn't, simple as that.

Now, again, I'm a little unsure of the cause of this - I haven't managed to repeat it, as I say, even when trying to rebuild the mission to be exactly the same from scratch (which is good, of course - just a little puzzling). Until someone else hits it as a problem it's probably safe to say it might be "just one of those things", but if it crops up again, or if you'd just like to take a poke and see if it's something that's able to be isolated, give me a shout and I'll send what's saved your way.

Many thanks again for the quick replies, and further thanks for the hard yards put into it once again. Really is an amazing piece of work, guys. Something to be damn proud of. =)

- Grif

Quote[/b] ]

Ace that deserves a slap you should know better.

*SLAP* rofl.gif

Of course you may alter weather change durations and weather durations.   icon_rolleyes.gif

ECP_Island_Settings.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">settings for a single island are as follows:

_island_name = "<island name (must be unique)>"

_island_matrix = [<island matrix>]

_island_color = <color as per color list below>

_island_lighthouses = [<list of lighthouse object IDs>]

_island_overcast_range = [<min overcast>,<max overcast>]

_island_fog_range = [<min fog>,<max fog>]

_island_weather_change_time = [<min change time>,<max change time>]

_island_weather_wait_time = [<min wait time>,<max waittime>]

_island_snow_locations = [<list of locations on the island where it snows>]

_island_snow_range = [<ranges from the above locations to allow snow>]

_island_snow_density = [<min density>,<max density>]

_island_snow_random_chance = <chance of random snow across entire island (0 to 1)>

_island_largechurches = [<list of large church object IDs>] These play European Gregorian Christian chants

_island_fountains = [<list of fountain object IDs>]

_island_heavy_rain = <Bool. True/false.> If true island has 50% chance of constant heavy rain if overcast > 0.7

Any and all weather aspects may be altered to your desire. If it changes too fast slow it down. It it rains and you don't want rain, then lower max over cast. Too foggy? Lower max fog.

whistle.gif

Ah crap i should've known ... i only looked under the ECP_settings.sqf file and it never had it there i think it should be present there as well, dont you?

i've noticed since installing that COC arty no longer works, it says cannot find something about HUM.sqs

could this be due to ECP?

I'm guessing you have some dependencies in another mod folder. Try moving some BAS addons from mod folders to the default Addons folder. If that doesn't work, try giving us the exact error message.

The current error message I'm getting is -

"Cannot load mission, missing addons BAS_soarpilots"

This addon is currently in my res/addons directory. I have copied (not moved) it to the /addons directory but I'm still receiving the same error message. I even copied it to the /@ECP/addons directory and I'm still getting it.

This might not be a ECP specific issue since I'm now receiving it even while running Resistance without the ECP mod.

I've checked the mission.sqm file for this addon and it's not even listed. This must be a BAS problem then?

Well copying isn't a good idea, you shouldn't have multiple instances of the same addon loaded at the same time, it can cause all sorts of weirds behavior.

Anyway, you've said it yourself, you are experiencing this without ECP loaded, which means the problem is not ECP related.

Well copying isn't a good idea, you shouldn't have multiple instances of the same addon loaded at the same time, it can cause all sorts of weirds behavior.

Anyway, you've said it yourself, you are experiencing this without ECP loaded, which means the problem is not ECP related.

So OFP actually loads multiple instances of the same addon into memory if there are multiple copies of it?