Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.085 Released!

Umm... I'm having some minor little difficulties... I'm not sure if it's entirely ECP related or not, but it seems to have picked up with ECP now.

SYSTEM :

Quote[/b] ]Athlon XP 2400

2x 512mb PC3200

1.5gb static swap file on non-system hard disk

Asus A7N8X-E

BFG Gf6600 GT OC 128 AGP

Windows XP Pro SP2

3200x1200 @ 75hz screen res spanned across 2x 19" CRT's

-nosplash -nomap mods=@ECP;@ECPADDONS

When I run that setup, I get intermittently timed hard locks requiring a reset-button kick. Note that this locks in both in-game and in the mission editor.

I <s>haven't</s> just had a single hard-lock using

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

-nomap -nosplash -window -x=1280 -y=1024 -mods=@ECP;@ECPADDONS

Is there any particular high-load component in ECP that could be putting my OFP setup over the top?

Thanks.

-edit-

I'd mucked around a bit in the mission editor, switched maps, and in the mission editor was just finishing placing a couple units when it hard-locked. I got task manager open now to see if there's a memleak or something. I don't know, but it's not thermal.

Firstly... Well Done Guys! This is a truly impressive and professional piece of work... I don't know enough about coding to do this sort of thing - I suspect few do - but I DO know enough to appreciate how detailed, innovative and downright neat and well thought-out this whole package is....

... a small @Komuna...

I like to fool around with configs, adding new units and other pretty basic stuff, so I'm well chuffed to have the new ECP config in .cpp form to tinker with... However, I was thinking of adding Locke's leaning and rolling animations, since I've finally practised enough to instinctively use them during gameplay and they've saved my ass on a couple of missions... BUT... I seem to remember reading somewhere recently that unless you BIN the config, you can end up embedded in the ground (only with pistols if I remember correctly??). Now maybe Kuriyami will add these anims to E:ECP... hopefully he will, and get his final config BINned with your util, but sure as hell I'll want to footer around with that config too... (footer = Scottish word meaning to play about with for no good reason) biggrin_o.gif

So sooner or later I, and I suspect many other people, will NEED to binarise ECP configs... If CPP2BIN ain't gonna work, any other suggestions? or would you be willing to tidy up and release your home-brewed application sometime in the future?

No biggie - I can live without leaning if I have to wink_o.gif

(Or maybe Locke will fix the problem if/when he ever releases his much-awaited update??? - Think I'll go find his thread if he has one and ask...)

Either way - superb work guys - I'm VERY impressed. If BIS don't take one look and hire you all then they're crazy (though actually I suspect they are, so don't go spending the wages yet). wink_o.gif

PS - no crashes or CTD's or errors or anything as yet...

B

Excellent modification, would thoroughly recommend it to any non-ECP user, and if there are users who haven't yet tried it, download it and i swear you won't go back. Custom PC magazine editor James Gorbold is loving it just as much as everyone else as i was talking to him over Teamspeak during an OFP match and it's as sweet as a nut.

4 years on and this game still amazes me like no other. Well done. smile_o.gif

... a small @Komuna...

I like to fool around with configs, adding new units and other pretty basic stuff, so I'm well chuffed to have the new ECP config in .cpp form to tinker with... However, I was thinking of adding Locke's leaning and rolling animations, since I've finally practised enough to instinctively use them during gameplay and they've saved my ass on a couple of missions... BUT... I seem to remember reading somewhere recently that unless you BIN the config, you can end up embedded in the ground (only with pistols if I remember correctly??). Now maybe Kuriyami will add these anims to E:ECP... hopefully he will, and get his final config BINned with your util, but sure as hell I'll want to footer around with that config too... (footer = Scottish word meaning to play about with for no good reason) biggrin_o.gif

So sooner or later I, and I suspect many other people, will NEED to binarise ECP configs... If CPP2BIN ain't gonna work, any other suggestions? or would you be willing to tidy up and release your home-brewed application sometime in the future?

Ending with the handgun/stuck in ground bug does not happen with every config.cpp.

By exemple it does not happen for a config.cpp that has been built using the BIS commented config as a basis (like the FDF mod one).

You only need to binarize a config.cpp if you have the handgun/stuck in ground bug occuring.

As if this bug exist in a config.cpp you use, it will happen everytime from day 1, so if it does not happen, you config.cpp is good enough to stay like this.

And it does not occur in ECP, so you can leave the config.cpp like it is.

BUT... I seem to remember reading somewhere recently that unless you BIN the config, you can end up embedded in the ground (only with pistols if I remember correctly??).
This was an issue in ECP 1.071 which (as I recall, since I figured out what it was like ~1.5 years ago) was caused by the way that ManActHandgun was defined. Again, as I recall, it had to be done this way because none of the available compilers could handle enums. I may be way off here since it has been a long time since I went through everything, but that's what I remember.

Anyway, this problem doesn't exist in ECP 1.085. There are no problems playing with an uncompiled config.

Quote[/b] ]Now maybe Kuriyami will add these anims to E:ECP...
No current plans to for MP reasons.

What's wrong with my code:

Trying to add BN's tracers to my config.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers: ECP_Eventhandlers

{

Init = "_this exec (ECP_path+{init.sqs}); [_this select 0,2]call loadFile {\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf}";

};

I tried this based on an earilier post by Red.

From the readme it says to do this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers: ECP_Eventhandlers

{

Init = "_this call (ECP_resources select 40); [_this select 0,2]call loadFile {\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf}";

};

Either method enables the tracers on my units, however it completely disables the ECP effects (not just the init effects, it wipes out access to the ecp options menu).  In fact when I access the menu (using either of the 2 above methods) I get this error.

Quote[/b] ]script scalar bool array string 0xfcffffefsettings_dialog\ECP_DLGsettings.sqs not found

If I take out that eventhandler init, then all better (but no tracers).  Kuryami, I assume that you have been able to address this in EECP.  Any hints?

I love this Radion Chatter in ECP!!!  inlove.gif Exept Chechen Rebels chatter in russian armor icon_rolleyes.gif

going to replay all original campagins on ECP

Great release - very nice although I have some Questions -

I thought this version of ECP came with AI who request support - artillery - air support etc.

I also though the guns had recoil and the recoil made longer firefights bewtween troops to remove the need for JAM HD weapons.

I hadnt noticed this - is this to come in EECP?

Also what are the minimum specs to run an ok dedicated server for ECP for 2-6 players?

Does one need a good graphics card? memory? CPU?

Any help full answers appreciated

Can one of the ECP guys please comment on this.

ZAYFORD? anyone?

I remember assiting in a beta of recoil firing ages ago on an older ECP version and was wanting to know what happened as alot of us we discussing recoil values etc and what would be worth putting into a new release. I want to know why it was ommited if it is - I havent seen it in here.

Cheers ECP team. This is utterly kickass. smile_o.gif

Now to see how it all works...

What's wrong with my code:

Trying to add BN's tracers to my config.

{

Init = "_this exec (ECP_path+{init.sqs}); [_this select 0,2]call loadFile {\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf}";

};

I tried this based on an earilier post by Red.

From the readme it says to do this:

{

Init = "_this call (ECP_resources select 40); [_this select 0,2]call loadFile {\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf}";

};

Either method enables the tracers on my units, however it completely disables the ECP effects (not just the init effects, it wipes out access to the ecp options menu).  In fact when I access the menu (using either of the 2 above methods) I get this error.

Quote[/b] ]script scalar bool array string 0xfcffffefsettings_dialog\ECP_DLGsettings.sqs not found

If I take out that eventhandler init, then all better (but no tracers).  Kuryami, I assume that you have been able to address this in EECP.  Any hints?

Did you remember to write this code before class cfgVehicles ?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class ECP_Eventhandlers {};

If not, you can't inherit from ECP_Evenhandlers like this:

class Eventhandlers : ECP_eventhandlers

{

Init = "blahblahblah.sqs";

};

Flaber

P.D: Thanks to Red my addon works with ecp_init and my own init.

i was wondering if the extra addon packs make ecp more cpu hungry?

Quote[/b] ]

Code Sample

Thanks for the response. This isn't a config for an addon. Its THE Config. So it is already defined. I have made my own personal EECP. The only thing left I want to add to the primary Config is the tracer effect.

I like it very much. Thx ECP team. Had some great moments already with units firing flares, soldiers retrieting into woods under smoke cover and some really nice battles.

Very good modification.

Thx ! thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Code Sample

Thanks for the response. This isn't a config for an addon. Its THE Config. So it is already defined. I have made my own personal EECP. The only thing left I want to add to the primary Config is the tracer effect.

That's what the dev version (pending) is for.

object effects don't work on WGL Malden and Everon

Thats because object IDs will be different, I'm sure the ECP team would be pleased if you added them to the ECP_Island_Settings.sqf (read this file for details, it will be very simple to do) and offered them the code smile_o.gif

RED

roger that,i'll do it

Bug report:

A lot of third party addons get´s the fountain effect with ECP (especially items found under bas_isle misc that came with the Tonal islands). Unless fountain effects are switched off everything is spraying water particles around. It looks quite funny tounge2.gif

i was wondering if the extra addon packs make ecp more cpu hungry?

If you mean DSAI? It will make OFP slightly more memory hungry and slightly more CPU hungry, but it is not that significant.

RED

The A.I. - its just so more inventive and unpredicable!

My standard warm-up missions of 'Steel the Car' and 'Clean Sweep' became nightmares as the opposition took great delight in killing me in a variety new and unusual ways.

Battlegrounds/Battlefields (can't believe i've forgotten the name) is now an immense firefight with stray bullets all over the place - watch out for those flankers!

The big challenge will be 'Ambush' tonight - I am determined to make it to the beach, whatever they decide to supprise me with.

You just can't fault those original missions and ECP has breathed new life into them. Cheers!

changed the id's

here

// =========================

// = Everon =

_island_name = "Everon";

//_island_matrix = [[1000,11500,58.9237],[3000,5500,106.132,"20644: str briza"],[4000,7500,23.8328,"19257: str smrk"],[5000,5000,62.9603,"41920: krovi_bigest"],[5500,6000,77.923,"51754: oliva"],[6500,5000,64.3739,"5883: cesta25"],[7000,6500,97.3242,"19543: str kastan"],[8000,3000,317.906],[9000,2000,78.0769,"13752: str smrk ridky"],[10000,500,127.091,"47261: ker trs travy kvetina"]];

_island_matrix = [[1000,11500,60.663],[3000,5500,107.722,"20644: str briza"],[4000,7500,25.4558,"19257: str smrk"],[5000,5000,64.6529,"41920: krovi_bigest"],[5500,5000,77.3563,"45287: krovi4"],[6000,8000,100.08,"10815: str jedle"],[7000,5500,102.917,"54299: str_liskac"],[8000,2000,170.552,"46924: krovi_bigest"],[9000,1000,165.288,"47051: krovi3"],[9500,4500,92.1303,"50581: krovi3"]];

_island_color = 2;

_island_lighthouses = [49393,107];

_island_overcast_range = [0,1];

_island_fog_range = [0,0.3];

_island_weather_change_time = [300,600];

_island_weather_wait_time = [900,1200];

_island_snow_locations = [];

_island_snow_range = [];

_island_snow_density = [];

_island_snow_random_chance = 0;

_island_largechurches = [15457,52719,20608,16949,9,19498,103];

_island_fountains = [53153,49110,39870,33869,15982];

_island_heavy_rain = true;

// add island

[_island_name,_island_matrix,_island_color,_island_lighthouses,_island_overcast_range,_isl

and_fog_range,_island_weather_change_time,_island_weather_wait_time,_island_snow_locations

,_island_snow_range,_island_snow_density,_island_snow_random_chance,_island_largechurches,

_island_fountains,_island_heavy_rain] call (ECP_resources select 37);

// = Malden =

_island_name = "Malden";

//_island_matrix = [[1000,12000,29.6648],[3000,4000,172.708,"68962: str habr"],[4000,3000,53.7215,"52415: ker trs travy"],[4000,8000,262.892,"10960: str borovice"],[5000,5000,141.223,"13235: str habr"],[5000,10000,181.35,"15695: str borovice"],[6000,6000,365.448],[6000,11000,99.4384],[7000,7000,82.6559,"16802: krovi4"],[8000,4000,38.4708,"72183: ker listnac"]];

_island_matrix = [[1000,12000,29.6648],[2500,6000,155.152,"22836: str jalovec"],[3500,7500,340.869,"62733: krovi4"],[4500,3000,86.6833,"52998: ker trs travy"],[5000,4500,82.7043,"78650: str borovice horska"],[5500,5500,342.316],[6000,6500,349.159,"82604: str borovice"],[6500,7500,142.941,"81869: str_liskac"],[7000,9000,113.208,"102169: ker trs travy"],[8000,4000,38.8844,"72183: ker listnac"]];

_island_color = 2;

_island_lighthouses = [0,1607,103119,51481,50156,5468,14798];

_island_overcast_range = [0,1];

_island_fog_range = [0,0.3];

_island_weather_change_time = [300,600];

_island_weather_wait_time = [900,1200];

_island_snow_locations = [];

_island_snow_range = [];

_island_snow_density = [];

_island_snow_random_chance = 0;

_island_largechurches = [73464,14228];

_island_fountains = [80839,74002,74677,14798,20829,16690];

_island_heavy_rain = true;

// add island

[_island_name,_island_matrix,_island_color,_island_lighthouses,_island_overcast_range,_isl

and_fog_range,_island_weather_change_time,_island_weather_wait_time,_island_snow_locations

,_island_snow_range,_island_snow_density,_island_snow_random_chance,_island_largechurches,

_island_fountains,_island_heavy_rain] call (ECP_resources select 37);

Thats because the island matrix is still making it detect standard Everon. You need to run the island matrix calculator to aquire the new island matrix, then make a completely new entry in the settings file.

Read the commented section of the ECP_island_settings file and you will see this:

// uncomment the following:

//[500,[12800,12800],10] call (ECP_resources select 38);

RED

Bug report:

A lot of third party addons get´s the fountain effect with ECP (especially items found under bas_isle misc that came with the Tonal islands). Unless fountain effects are switched off everything is spraying water particles around. It looks quite funny  tounge2.gif

Good bug report, thanks!

ECP 1.085 Fountain FX HOT FIX.

In order the stop ECP fountain effects displaying on some third party addon objects please follow these steps. Before you make any alterations you may want to back up your Main config.cpp as a safety measure.

1) Open the ECP Main config.cpp with notepad, this is found in the \@ECP\Bin folder.

2) Scroll down until you find this code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// PBO release path

#define ECP_FOUNTAIN_EH_INIT "IF (format[{%1},ECP_path] == {scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef}) THEN {ECP_path = {\ECP_Effects\}};_this exec format[{%1fountain\ext_fount_init.sqs},ECP_path]"

3) Overwrite that code with this code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// PBO release path

#define ECP_FOUNTAIN_EH_INIT "IF (format[{%1},ECP_path] == {scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef}) THEN {ECP_path = {\ECP_Effects\}};if ((typeof (_this select 0)) in [{Fountain},{FountainNew}]) then {_this exec format[{%1fountain\ext_fount_init.sqs},ECP_path]}"

4) Save, and exit.

ECP fountain effects should now only appear on fountains.