Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.085 Released!

ecperror.jpg

I get the following error when using one of our addons. Im trying to track down which eventhandler it could be, but it only shows up when the vehicle has a cargo it seems....

would you ecp boffins be able to recognise the coding to point me in the right direction? If it is even an eventhandler error.... The old version of ECP never threw up an error with the WMIK's (the addon in question) and i've not changed the configing since, so i'm assuming its one of the additions to ECP.

oh... apparently its nothing to do with it being manned or not.... empty ones seem to cause it as well

[edit]

ignore that, we tracked it down to when our DPM troops are in a vehicle... whats new that could affect a unit being a vehicle?

Quote[/b] ]// ECP_large_exp_chance

// this is a child variable of ECP_expeff_fireball

// 0.5 chance means that there will be a 1/2 chance of large explosion,

// 0 means there will never be a large explosion, 1 means there will always be a large explosion

// Note - there is a random secondary very large explosion chance based also on the ECP_large_exp_chance variable.

// If this happens it's "BIG BARRABOOM"

//ECP_local set [86, 0.5 ];

I think you have to change the 0.5 to a bigger number, as there is said 1 will give you always a explosion, 0.9 a chance of 90% for a big explosion.

Hope its allowed to post sript parts? If not delete it.

Amazing work and worth the wait. Even though I have only played around with it with the mission editor a little bit it has so far made my life as a beginning mission maker so much easier.

The idle chit chat and randomized unit animations when units are "careless" or "safe" is the best feature implemented with this. Brings life to missons. I also like the radio chatter with the vehicles.

I have also noted that the colision detection seems to be better. I have been working on an urban island with alot of objects (12,000 in a 1x1km area) and I had a car continually crashing into buildings, now it handles the roads better.

Messiah,

PM me a link for the addon mate, I'll take a looksee. Shouldn't be too hard to solve. Thats not an EH issue (though it does stem from the init EH) that code resides in spawn_init.sqs. Happens when units are spawned after start up or when units hop outta vehicles. We'll crack it fer ya.

Messiah,

PM me a link for the addon mate, I'll take a looksee. Shouldn't be too hard to solve. Thats not an EH issue (though it does stem from the init EH) that code resides in spawn_init.sqs. Happens when units are spawned after start up or when units hop outta vehicles. We'll crack it fer ya.

You've got mail wink_o.gif

Thanks alot.

what the crap, am i the only one that cant get the thing to work. the installer screws up where i find my flashpoint directory, it's highlighted, ive tried it to times, i just cannot hit 'ok' its greyed out, & when it chooses it itself, i can't hit okay or next or whatever it says, it's greyed out itself. what gives?

reinstall your game, maybe that'll work.

i shouldn't have to reinstall the thing, i just reinstalled it last night, there are no mods or anything. it's a clean install w/1.96

maybe you got it in another folder than the folder the installer wants to install it in? tounge2.gif i've had funny things happening with other installers before ´but this one gave me no problems. But i once was going to install a mod for another game and i had the game installed in another folder than the default one, and the mod installer installed it in the default folder and not where the game was biggrin_o.gif

try pressing enter??

Ok do you know that song on the end of video 2.. whats it name?

and i also found it in the game split into 4 bits or something?? and when i play it its way to quite? and when i turn all my sound up its ok but other sounds are totaly blowing my speakers apart lol.. huh.gif

Can ECP effects,... be used whit other mod's!

Everething is great and working for me good but i realy don't like old BIS units, armor, air,... Im just thinking to use another units, like in some mod's and whit that sort out the OFP game will be THE BEST GAME EVER MADE FOR PC.

Cya. thumbs-up.gif

Can ECP effects,... be used whit other mod's!

Everething is great and working for me good but i realy don't like old BIS units, armor, air,... Im just thinking to use another units, like in some mod's and whit that sort out the OFP game will be THE BEST GAME EVER MADE FOR PC.

Cya. thumbs-up.gif

Yes it can, we all know the Marine Assault Pack, don't we? well check the addons section of our page. We have an ECP compatible version here. Also any other unit that doesn't define it's own eventhandlers should work fine with ecp.

Just did some testing with it...All I can say is amazing work, one of the best mods ever hands down. The wait was well worth it!

Oh and Thanks for increasing OFP's life span by a lot more  notworthy.gif  wink_o.gif

question, where do i get this diffrent radio message font? Since mine isnt like on the pictures or movies.

Thanks

try pressing enter??

Ok do you know that song on the end of video 2.. whats it name?

and i also found it in the game split into 4 bits or something?? and when i play it its way to quite? and when i turn all my sound up its ok but other sounds are totaly blowing my speakers apart lol..  huh.gif

Make sure youve balanced out your normal OFP sound settings, you know, Effects, Radio, Music. wink_o.gif

WOW!!!

Before i first read about the features of ECP 1.085 i thought that ECP 1.075 was the top notch mod for OFP...

After the first four hours with ECP 1.085 i am sure that the truth is far beyond that presumption:

ECP 1.085 is not a mod! For any real OFP player this is simply a must-have - just as Resistance, but better  biggrin_o.gif

And of course 1.075 is not top notch, because it is vastly overtopped by it's own successor, ECP 1.085  inlove.gif

Congrats and a big THANK YOU to all of the ECP Team, for all the time you spent and for all the work you put into that project!!!  notworthy.gif

It's simply awesome!

I awaited this release more than any other mod and more than nearly any commercial release!

inlove.gif ECP 1.085

There is only one thing left that is able to push your limits:

EECP (based on 1.085)  rofl.gif

Best wishes to all of you,

A grateful Morpheus1024

Properly release it? I thought it was properly released?!

RED

I meant at the time tounge2.gif

But nevermind, it's out now, so who cares

One thing, is there a way (Not tried much, or read the manual in any great way, but..) to increase the chance the new crater is made? I.e so its 1 in 1 chance of appearing when a tank/satchel is blowen up/touched of?

Thanks

- Ben

Since I had no time for a deep test of this stuff I ask you:

what about missions that already uses the infoshare? May those cause any problems?

The one I'm currently editing will feature this script, so I'd like to know if this may cause any kind of conflict or compatibility problem.

Thanks.

Klavan

PS

From what I can saw 'till now I think we gat just what we wanted and deserves: a new, fast, smart and eye-candy way to be killed by the AI.

Again, great works, guys!!! thumbs-up.gif

Hey guys.

Due to time restrictions i wasnt able to have the soundtrack ready when they released but i do have the soundtrack well under way and it should be finished soon  biggrin_o.gif

But i must say, it was great to hear the Anthem we made as the music for the installer, made me very proud.

The team has worked really hard on this mod and i was proud to work along side them, even though i was in the background most of the time, Every person knew their role in the mod and did what they could to the best of their ability.

Great work guys thumbs-up.gif

Tim

Just spent 3 hours playing with this. All I can say is...

Fantastic work ECP team! Thank you all!!!

You ECP guys are just too good to us inlove.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Absolutely outstanding !