Sign in to follow this  
Nemesis6

Trees and brush affected by chopper downwash

So how about it? Trees, branches, and brush moved by downwash or wind generally?

sounds like a idea, but it might draw too much CPU power i think, so wouldnt be welcome for lowend user

I don't think it will draw too much cpu power...if they will be able to have a fully dynamic campaign going on, CPU power shouldn't be a problem wink_o.gif

I think this might be being worked on for ArA actually. But I would be pretty certain something similar to this will be in ofp2 at least.

Has anyone played Mercenaries? I have it for the PS2 and they smoke and fire that is affected by your chopper! ALL dynamic! PC should be no problem. biggrin_o.gif

So how about it? Trees, branches, and brush moved by downwash or wind generally?

Down-draft from the helo's would be an obvious choice, but the effect of wind in the trees etc would be outstanding if it could be implemented. inlove.gif

True but I'd be more worried about walking freely in helicopters,they put the down draft then people will want clothes to rustle and move violently in the strong winds.

Hell if that happened they might as well add a hurricane option to the weather or a tornado.

True but I'd be more worried about walking freely in helicopters,they put the down draft then people will want clothes to rustle and move violently in the strong winds.

While were at it lets make their eyelashes move too!

If trees and plants could be modelled and coded to move in the wind that would be great, maybe some sound effects for other things like clothes, but modelling clothes to move in the wind? I'd say that's going pretty far.