Sign in to follow this  
MeltedAd

Another London Bombing

a swedish newsagency said that the bombs was just enough to blow the backpack that they where packed in, then there was something about smoke and possible gunfire...

doesnt sound too serious imho..

as per last time, please use this thread as discusion of news only. any attempt to get into debate will be met with post restriction.

4 bombs more bombs?

Nobody killed but one injured, a bit weird but guess they weren't powerful.

Here is the spots

grafikk.jpg

They reckon it was just the detonators that exploded and that any explosives that may have been rigged to them, failed to go off. There's also reports that the bloke who was injured was one of those carrying the backpacks.

well this is great news tbh smile_o.gif

explosions and no loss of life smile_o.gif

lets just hope theres not more huh.gif

Wildo

I beleive there is a guy who has been arrested near the PM's house, 20 meters from his house.

Nothing is said about what the reason was.

All I got is a norwegian newspaper that can confirm this right now, I'm trying to find a english who has about the same.

VG Nett

Picture

Yeah they had footage of a man been arrested by armed police with guns drawn. His shirt was opened at the front, probably after police instructions. Another man in a blue top was detained and searched at another location, there was footage of that search as well on sky news and bbc news.

Apprently the one person injured was one of the attempted bombers.

Yeah they had footage of a man been arrested by armed police with guns drawn. His shirt was opened at the front, probably after police instructions. Another man in a blue top was detained and searched at another location, there was footage of that search as well on sky news and bbc news.

Apprently the one person injured was one of the attempted bombers.

Yep, the police open his shirt to make sure there was no vest etc.

Bomb squad members are in the bus and tube stations apprently without any armour, so they obviously believe the threat level is considered low.

The person injured is believed to be a local and not a bomber now according to BBC.

They showed more footage on the man in the blue been questioned and searched in the street, he was smiling and eating while been searched so that doesn't look like he has anything to worried about.

Apprently police were looking for a man in a blue top who was black or asian who ran from the tube station to university college hospital and they have apprently caught him or at least concluded the situation in the hospital. The blue top may of been the reason for that other man getting searched and questioned.

just seen on the news, the bombers apparantly ran for it after the bombs **poofed** and commuters tried to catch them, but no more is known sad_o.gif

Wildo

Apprently plain clothes police have just shot a man on the underground network according to www.bbc.co.uk

And now a mosque has been surrounded by Armed Police.

The shooting at the underground station was obviously considered as a major threat, as eyewitnesses have said that undercover police when they had the opportunity shot the man 5 time at close range, possibly while the man was down after tripping.

See here

I hope that wasn't some poor bastard at the wrong place, and the wrong time. They certainly were not taking any chances, seems they executed the guy in front of everyone.

Man shot by police 5 times (BBC News)

Quote[/b] ]Man shot dead by police on Tube  

A man has been shot dead by armed officers at Stockwell

Tube station, as police hunt four would-be bombers.

Passenger Mark Whitby told BBC News he had seen a man of

Asian appearance shot five times by "plain-clothes police

officers" with a handgun.

"I saw the gun being fired five times into the guy - he is

dead," he said.

Passengers were evacuated from the Northern Line station in

south London. Police have also cordoned off a 200-metre

area around the station.

Services on the Victoria and Northern lines have been

suspended following a request by the police, London

Underground said.

Ambulances including an air ambulance have been sent to the

scene at Stockwell.

Mr Whitby, told BBC News: "I was sitting on the train reading

my paper.

"I heard a load of noise, people saying, 'Get out, get down'!

"I saw an Asian guy run onto the train hotly pursued by three

plain-clothes police officers.

"One of them was carrying a black handgun - it looked like an

automatic - they pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of

him and unloaded five shots into him."

Passenger Briony Coetsee said: "We were on the Tube and

then we suddenly heard someone say, 'Get out, get out' and

then we heard gunshots."

Passenger Alison Bowditch told BBC News: "The tube pulled

into the station and we were sitting there, you know, as you

do and then there was just a lot of shouting and the sound of

gunfire and then people were saying, 'Get off, get off!'

"Somebody definitely went to the ground and as they went to

the ground I heard gun fire and assumed they had been

shot."

A mosque in east London has been evacuated after a bomb

scare - but a police cordon has now been lifted.

After Thursday's London blasts, the bombers fled after

detonators went off, causing small blasts, but failed to

detonate the bombs themselves.

Real smart. Don't they won't to solve the case instead of killing it?

If he was a suicide bomber i expect they wanted to neutralise him ASAP and make sure he stayed down. icon_rolleyes.gif

If you read this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706913.stm

The guy says the "victim" was wearing some kind of thick winter jacket. Its summer. wink_o.gif

If he was a suicide bomber i expect they wanted to neutralise him ASAP and make sure he stayed down.  icon_rolleyes.gif

If you read this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706913.stm

The guy says the "victim" was wearing some kind of thick winter jacket. Its summer.  wink_o.gif

He was running, why wouldn't he just blow himself up right there? But yes, I agree that's a bit weird and safety is first.

Quote[/b] ]He was running, why wouldn't he just blow himself up right there? But yes, I agree that's a bit weird and safety is first.

Safety first ,and so you shoot a man 5 times? Were theyreally sure it was a terrorist?if they were sure he was a terrorist i can understand but such rules of engagement frighten me a bit.

Quote[/b] ]He was running, why wouldn't he just blow himself up right there? But yes, I agree that's a bit weird and safety is first.

Safety first ,and so you shoot a man 5 times? Were theyreally sure it was a terrorist?if they were sure he was a terrorist i can understand but such rules of engagement frighten me a bit.

Theese "rules of engagement" were being used even before I was born. They prove most effective. Shouldn't the discussion go to WOT thread, so to keep this one clear?

5 times? I heard London police was ordered to aim at their head if they had to shoot, to make sure they didn't hit any bombs...so say he shot him in the head...5 times would be a bit much huh.gifcrazy_o.gif

5 times would be a bit much huh.gifcrazy_o.gif

At least he's dead then instead of him being a coward and taking other people out with him.

Wouldn't suprise me if the 'plain clothes policemen' were regiment....

One eyewitness said he was shot 5 times, another said he heard three shots, another 4 , another 6. Eyewitnesses can be very unreliable about this kind of thing.

Basically the guy was shot anywhere between 3-6 times by plainclothes 'officers' at close range. There is some talk that the guy may have been identified (perhaps from CCTV from yesterdays quasi-attacks), but according to witnesses he

certainly ran past people and jumped over the ticket gates at the entrance of the platform, was -presumably- told to stop and had people chasing him at which point he entered the train, may have tripped, been bundled down or otherwise ended up on the floor at which point he was shot multiple times in the body/chest.

He was of asian appearance (for what thats worth) and had 'bulky' clothing.

Thats what i can gather from the eyewitnesses ive heard, (i am only presuming he was as some point ordered to stop, i dont recall anyone mentioning it). The police have confirmed shooting a man at Stockwell station.

There was a police cordon put around a mosque after the shooting but that has since been lifted.

This should really be in WOT thread.

Possibly another incident on Harrow road happening right now..Police snipers on the scene...