Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

How long will AA live?

How long will AA live?

OFP1 lived 4,5 years might live more..

I think AA will not live longer as OFP1, because

Soon there will be OFP2* and AA will be left in the box.

So it would be smart to release AA as soon as possible.

Other wise people might wait for OFP2*.

Armed Assault will live for more than one year. We will get "Next Generation PC Game" late in 2006, if not later. As it is not planned as a fullprice product, it is worth buying it. It will bring us a great engine improvement and one big new island with new missions and one brandnew campaign. That`s all we can ask to get before OFPË›.

btw:

notworthy.gif BIS notworthy.gif

It's most likely the same development team working on ArmA and game2. If ArmA is delayed (for whatever reasons), you can rest assured that game2 will be delayed just as much.

Releasing ArmA too early means more risk of finding bugs. Solving bugs in a post-release stadium always takes more time than solving them in an earlier stage. So in short, releasing ArmA too soon will have a negative impact on the release date of game2.

I'm confused, is Armed Assault an update of OFP or an all new game?

Also looking at VBS screenshots the models look far better than ArmA which is odd.

I think AA will live on as long as the community is with it,remember OFP didnt survive by itself,the commmunity is needed and OFP is one of those lucky games that has a dedicated community even today,whereas you got these newer games and their community's may last only a few months.

Think of ArAs as a release of OFP, under a new name, with an updated engine and a load of other stuff added on

Think of ArAs as a release of OFP, under a new name, with an updated engine and a load of other stuff added on

Cool, while not a poster I bought OFP on the day of release and every expansion after that, until early last year I played OFP online Coops every Tuesday, I've downloaded buckets of addons for the game and still have a fully patched version with the dynamic range patch and a bunch of Ballistic Addon Studios stuff slapped on.

I'll preorder ArmA as soon as is possible biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Once Arms is released Ofp1 will start to die. When Ofp2 is released Arms will start to die.

Once Arms is released Ofp1 will start to die. When Ofp2 is released Arms will start to die.

There´s no dubt about that.

another intresting question might be

how long will BIS actively support AA?

We can honestly say that the active support for ofp stopped in the year 2003.

Will BIS directly abandon AA once it has been released or are they planning to support the community with patches and fixes?

Hopfully thyell carry on supporting it intill at least a year after release, just to keep the community going intill 'Game 2' release. Other wise if Aras has sine Major bugs init and BIS dosent release patches then people might start to loose intrest, then when 'Game 2' comes out, presuming itll be called Armed Assualt 2 no doubt. People will think 'pfft i aint buying that the last one had terrible support and was buggy' and the 'Game 2' community might fizzel out and BIS will loose money huh.gif

Hopfully thyell carry on supporting it intill at least a year after release, just to keep the community going intill 'Game 2' release. Other wise if Aras has sine Major bugs init and BIS dosent release patches then people might start to loose intrest, then when 'Game 2' comes out, presuming itll be called Armed Assualt 2 no doubt. People will think 'pfft i aint buying that the last one had terrible support and was buggy' and the 'Game 2' community might fizzel out and BIS will loose money  huh.gif

I must say that is an intresting way to look at it. However I don't think major bugs in ArmA will be a big problem. They seem to be takeing their time on it, and that surrgests a pretty good release. And should there be a couple major bugs.... Im sure htey will patch it. I mean they are no going to abandon the game when the other ones not going to be out for at least a year. I wouldn't be supprised to see them patching ArmA well after "OFP2".

Besides even if there are a ton of bugs, and they for what ever reason don't fix them... I doubt it will really hurt Game 2. Since game 2 will in most ways be a totally new game... and we all know they are sure as heck going to support that one. Then again... people don't think rationally do they?

Well, if AA is to live a long time, the new players have to be introduced to all the addons for OFP|R that will be compatable with Armed Assault.

Well, if AA is to live a long time, the new players have to be introduced to all the addons for OFP|R that will be compatable with Armed Assault.

That all comes with time as it did for us.

Maybe BIS should concentrate on OFP2* make it the best game ever ( i know it will ) and leave ArmA in a corner.

as we can see in pics lots things must be fixed as it was mentioned in other forums..

i daught ArmA will be ready till christmas, so my advice is leave ArmA and reforce OFP2*

I can wait till next year, dont rush things! whistle.gif

Maybe BIS should concentrate on OFP2* make it the best game ever ( i know it will ) and leave ArmA in a corner.

as we can see in pics lots things must be fixed as it was mentioned in other forums..

i daught ArmA will be ready till christmas, so my advice is leave ArmA and reforce OFP2*

I can wait till next year, dont rush things! whistle.gif

I'm sorry but that comment really winds me up! pistols.gif

Thank you BIS for giving my fave game an update & new lease of life whilst we wait for 'The Next Generation PC Game' inlove.gif

I can wait till next year, dont rush things!   whistle.gif

I can understand why that can be a good idea, but the fact is that it would mean a too large gap between the release of ofp1 and ofp2, causing people to loose interest and drop out of the community. That has already happen, i belive, Armed Assault should have been out a year ago. Lets hope they got it under controll and AA will be a full game title and not just a preview teaser for OFP2 (which I belive will slip its 2006 release date).

I really don't think so. The "Game 2" will be very different (according to the info from BIS). It's not a sequel to OFP1 nor ArmA. It is a different game.

Have you stopped playing OFP1 because someone released FarCry? or Doom3? or BF2?

So, i don't think people will abandon ArmA when the "Game 2" is released.

Actully i think your wrong, 'game 2' im guessing will be called Armed Assualt 2. Think about it, there making Armed Assualt. What is aremd assualt? its OFP1 with a new name and a hell of lot new stuff added on and rereleased as a new game. Why? to get new customers and us intrested in the Armed Assualt franchise. Then when they release 'Game 2' which might be named 'Armed Assualt 2' people will go 'OMFG ARAS 2!!11 THE FIRST ONE ROXZORS LETS GO BUY IT' other wise if BIS didnt make ArAs1 and just carried on to make 'Game 2' people might not relise that it from the creators of OFP1 or relise that its OFP's sequal and they could loose potential customers. So basicly they just rename OFP1 and add a load new stuff to bring it to 2005 standerds and release that to attract new fans for 'Game2'

Ok that might not make sense the way i wrote it but i think you get the idea what im trying to say tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]'game 2' im guessing will be called Armed Assualt 2

Thats the most sensible thing i've read on here all week. It's speculation, but with a bit of thought and logic.

Guest Ti0n3r

I really don't think so. The "Game 2" will be very different (according to the info from BIS). It's not a sequel to OFP1 nor ArmA. It is a different game.

Have you stopped playing OFP1 because someone released FarCry? or Doom3? or BF2?

Well the game wont be dead the day game 2 is out. It will start to die. Most people will switch ArmA for game 2. Why stick to something with more limitations...

And if I have stopped playing Ofp1 cause of Far cry etc etc? That comment was very stupid and insulting.

Actully i think your wrong, 'game 2' im guessing will be called Armed Assualt 2. Think about it, there making Armed Assualt. What is aremd assualt? its OFP1 with a new name and a hell of lot new stuff added on and rereleased as a new game. Why? to get new customers and us intrested in the Armed Assualt franchise. Then when they release 'Game 2' which might be named 'Armed Assualt 2' people will go 'OMFG ARAS 2!!11 THE FIRST ONE ROXZORS LETS GO BUY IT' other wise if BIS didnt make ArAs1 and just carried on to make 'Game 2' people might not relise that it from the creators of OFP1 or relise that its OFP's sequal and they could loose potential customers. So basicly they just rename OFP1 and add a load new stuff to bring it to 2005 standerds and release that to attract new fans for 'Game2'

Ok that might not make sense the way i wrote it but i think you get the idea what im trying to say tounge2.gif

According to what BIS says, and no matter what it will be called, the "Game 2" is not planned to be a sequel to anything, the "Game 2" will be A NEW game, with DIFFERENT gameplay.

At least that's what BIS says.

Well the game wont be dead the day game 2 is out. It will start to die. Most people will switch ArmA for game 2. Why stick to something with more limitations...

And if I have stopped playing Ofp1 cause of Far cry etc etc? That comment was very stupid and insulting.

Stupid and insulting?? :-)))) then forgive me, i didn't mean to insult anyone. Anyway, by saying that my comment was 'stupid', you are insulting me ;-)