Sign in to follow this  
Odin -AEF-Kampa-

Who is playing WWIIOL ?

I noticed in the last time that some Guys playing WWIIOL.

Where are you playing and wich Brigade/ID/PD you in ?

P.S.

Iam 27.ID-Kg1 505th Panzer Division @Axis Side

I like to play during the Welcome Back Soldier intermissions, very fun game, but I cant be bothered to pay for online gaming anymore.

WWIIOL looks like an awesome game, but I don't have the money to pay each month sad_o.gif

I have it, but I haven't played in months. It was a lot of fun but still needs some improvement, IMHO, like in game voice comms. I know that's under development, and I might start playing again when the new North Africa theater is ready. As of right now, though, WWII in France just doesn't interest me and the entire system is hugely complex and difficult to learn (I spent a month trying to figure half the game out, like learning that you practically have to join a brigade, how you join a brigade in the first place, all the various controls, etc.).

I did have some good times with it, though - like capping a town with a hundred others and then running as fast as we could to the next town down the road. You definately get a feeling for scale and depth. Overall, the game is very well done and looks great, but it just needs some more tweaking and a change of scenery to get me interested again.

Ive always had my eye on this game but never found the time,money,or the game its self in the shops to buy it and play it. I heard it was very buggy game but now with the latest updates it seems the graphics and other things have been improved loads.

I might get it one day, if i find my self a job tounge2.gif plus when i go to collage in september i get Å30 a week of the goverment biggrin_o.gif

You cant find i in Stores atm. You have to DL everything from the Page.

Public Release is later.

But you need a strength PC since 1.19 patch.

i play every time there is a free trial, even though my comp can barely handle the game (1ghz sad_o.gif)

Yeah :/

You need at least 2Ghz and min. 1GB Ram to let the game play smooth sad_o.gif (1.85) now with 1.19 its going up to 3Ghz and 2GB + min. 128MB Graficcard :/

btw. it seems so that they wont start any free-Trial before Release of it.

@ July 21 2005,07:51)]Yeah :/

You need at least 2Ghz and min. 1GB Ram to let the game play smooth sad_o.gif (1.85) now with 1.19 its going up to 3Ghz and 2GB + min. 128MB Graficcard :/

btw. it seems so that they wont start any free-Trial before Release of it.

Yikes confused_o.gif

For a game that isnt that great visually I would never expect such requirements, even with the high viewdistances. I really wish the devs would spend some time making it more PC friendly.

Anyone can download it and practice offline, and believe me, you have too. *lol* I actually got the tanks to go forward but that was all, I think the

last time I tried I fired one shot or something like that. confused_o.gif

Playing online was confusing, there were alot of people around me and combat but then everyone went away and I was alone running around like a fool thinking wtf I should do.

Im not complaing about the newbie-diffucult level(which is high) but a more friendy button-config would be in place. I read so much on the manual but vehicles was just beyond me.

But if you buy the retail game; I think you get the manual and map following it. smile_o.gif

http://www.play.com/play247....=624259

But all in all, its an awesome game.

Well Im not playing(paying) it right now. Actually I downloaded it 2 hours ago for the third time overall to check if they have changed anything. It was last year I was paying for a subscription, yea on Axis side. I noticed they have cleaned up the meny and everything but dam me, I couldnt find where you invert mouse now.

Is it possible to drive or fly without a joystick? All I see is steering joystick 1 * axis.

2 gigabytes? Holy fuck. crazy_o.gif

And I just upgraded to 1GB DDR400. banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yikes confused_o.gif

For a game that isnt that great visually I would never expect such requirements, even with the high viewdistances. I really wish the devs would spend some time making it more PC friendly.

that's what my friends say about ofp biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Playing online was confusing, there were alot of people around me and combat but then everyone went away and I was alone running around like a fool thinking wtf I should do.

the worst for me is the slang everybody uses: fb, ab, cc, ei, et, ea, all of the town abbreviations, and all of the vehicle names; it always takes me a few days to re-learn the language tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is it possible to drive or fly without a joystick? All I see is steering joystick 1 * axis.

i'm pretty sure it is not possible, though i could be wrong.

@ July 20 2005,03:19)]I noticed in the last time that some Guys playing WWIIOL.

Where are you playing and wich Brigade/ID/PD you in ?

P.S.

Iam 27.ID-Kg1 505th Panzer Division @Axis Side

OMG! ARE YOU JOKING! I USED TO PLAY WITH 505TH!!!!!! I was a regular there...I love the 505th and all the people I used to play with (not sure if all of em are still there tho...) Actually, I think I still have an account on teamspeak and on the forums lol. However, due to budget constraints (monthly fee) I am not able to play anymore but I loonnng so much to play that game again. If DEW64 is still in the squad, please tell him ebns72 says hi smile_o.gif I might see you in the future though if I ever play again. One more thing...some people from the squad, if they are still there, are probably wondering where I vanished to...tell em what I said here about not being able to play because of monthly fee.

It is possible to drive and fly with a joystick.

On the complexity: the game is notrious for somewhat of a steep learning curve. Keep playing, you will understand the rules and everything soon enough.

I remember the first week or so of playing WWIIOL, everything was frusterating and boring. But I kept learning, and suddenly after about a week everything clicked, and I started having a blast in the game. It truly is an excellent game once you learn it. As said above, the game needs tweaks and such but at the core it is very fun IMO.

It has a much better flight model, vehicle/tank model, and damage model than ofp as well.

Maybe I should test my gamepad and see if I get any action with the tanks. That should work, well it must for me.

Quote[/b] ]he worst for me is the slang everybody uses: fb, ab, cc, ei, et, ea, all of the town abbreviations, and all of the vehicle names; it always takes me a few days to re-learn the language tounge2.gif

Yea the radio itself is a pain in the neck I remember, but they seemed to have fun with their planes atleast. biggrin_o.gif I was like; "hello, hello, can you hear me!?". Dunno if I was in the right channel. There are 3 if I remember correctly. A steep learning curve is a keyword to WII online I agree. A printed manual is a life-saver anytime.

When I was playing it turned into night and it went very dark! Tanks rolled by; I heard their sound, didnt know if it was friend or foe; I was scared shitless.

I runned into a house with light for cover. *lol*

Definately a thing that will help you is get yourself in a squad. Since the game has a whole high-command squad, if you follow them around you are bound to be directed to some action by the higher ups in the chain of command. Along the way you usually learn alot about the rules and which radio channels to go to etc.

OMG! ARE YOU JOKING! I USED TO PLAY WITH 505TH!!!!!! I was a regular there...I love the 505th and all the people I used to play with (not sure if all of em are still there tho...) Actually, I think I still have an account on teamspeak and on the forums lol. However, due to budget constraints (monthly fee) I am not able to play anymore but I loonnng so much to play that game again. If DEW64 is still in the squad, please tell him ebns72 says hi smile_o.gif I might see you in the future though if  I ever play again. One more thing...some people from the squad, if they are still there, are probably wondering where I vanished to...tell em what I said here about not being able to play because of monthly fee.

It is possible to drive and fly with a joystick.

On the complexity: the game is notrious for somewhat of a steep learning curve. Keep playing, you will understand the rules and everything soon enough.

I remember the first week or so of playing WWIIOL, everything was frusterating and boring. But I kept learning, and suddenly after about a week everything clicked, and I started having a blast in the game. It truly is an excellent game once you learn it. As said above, the game needs tweaks and such but at the core it is very fun IMO.

It has a much better flight model, vehicle/tank model, and damage model than ofp as well.

Yes Dew64/Wfo64 the old bone is still there :P

+ Told it to them wink_o.gif

_

+ Yes it is possible to fly without Joystick (Mouse) but its too difficult. So you better grab that Joystick :P

___

@Game

Sapper Guide for Axis Side

Just to see how ... erm ... you will see.

With Battleground Europe is there still going to be the monthly fee? How much is the fee for WWII Online?

It looks like such an amazing game, but I don't want to spend my money each month confused_o.gif

Yea its the same game and monthly fee but when you buy it you get a printed manual and a map. Atleast thats what I heard.

Yea I use a gamepad to drive tanks and handle PAK 38 in offline practice.

Now I can understand its full potential. Thats more then I have done before anyway. biggrin_o.gif

Do i play it? no!

I couldn't even make demo(trial account) to work and they didnt want to make new account that works  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

The retail release is not that far away now, I think the box looks really good and is packed with stuff. Look at the fat manual for example or the map! smile_o.gif (*hint hint towards Bistudio guys*)

Apparently they have re-done their system so some of the account problems of the past should be gone.

be_preview_sm.jpg

Huge image: http://www.mirror.wwiionline.com/images....iew.jpg

I played WWIIOL way back when- as I recall it was one of those games where when everything was clicking on all cylinders, it was really a one of a kind experience. Unfortunately I also recall that this rarely happened. I do know they've improved things greatly since then and have taken part in their trials, but it requires just a bit more effort than I'm prepared to put into a computer game. Also, ditto on Western Europe getting old.

I do remember one time when myself and a section of other Germans staged a deep raid with an Opel Blitz on a few poorly defended BEF towns: very good times.

Ah yes, the opel rushes. I remember those. I also heard that years ago they changed the system to make those impossible.

Yeah, I played it in the beginning (beta + 2-3 months into release). It could be cool, but it had its limitations. I hear they've improved it, but it still doesn't "do it for me" -- except those few moments you get something going...

Hah yeah I was in the game in the early few months, when you didn't have the vehicle spawnpoints, didn't have the newer player models, and the nighttime was basically pitchblack. It was a pretty fun game, except as mentioned above, those fun "moments" were very rare.

A few months ago I tried the Welcome back soldier promo, the game has changed quite a bit for the better but still didn't do it for me. I heard though that with Battlefield Europe they added quite a bit, any ideas on how the game is now?