Sign in to follow this  
ryankaplan

New VBS1 videos

I have mixed feelings about this. I hope that you can strap into a seat and have to lock vehicle cargo down. What I'm hoping is that gravity will work and if a bunch CS players are standing up inside the black hawk instead of sitting down, well then they'll all fall out when the black hawk makes a hard bank.

I totally agree on the parachute idea. It should be an inventory item for pilots and paratroopers only. I would really like to see parachuting from choppers removed.

I can see free movement in a vehicle and parachutes as an item being very cool though. Imagine stepping out the back of a C130 and waiting until the lowest minimum altitude to open your chute? Finally HALO missions in Flashpoint, (not the Xbox game HALO... I mean HALO High Altitude Low Opening)

For parachutes, I would kinda like to see it the way FDF does it with parachutes being an inventory item. If you have one, you can jump out of the back of a plane and while in midair falling use the "open chute" option. But if you don't have one...well, you're screwed  tounge2.gif

yeah, that would rock...

offtopic abit: remember that video when some guy flyig UH (dunno what model) was trying to attach the bird to the flying cistern. When he dived down rapidly, and then quickly pulled up, the blades  cut the fueling outrigger (?) in front of the helo, because of gravity (I was overload? I don`t know how to explain it in english).

Just a thought about how phisics could affect the flight, but still It`s a bit far from arma I think...

Anyway, what could be done, besides freely walking inside the helos ofcourse, is that they could make those helo blades could kill you. In some situations in ofp it was just crazy when It did nothing to you  confused_o.gif

we might need 2 type of chute, one for normal use, less controlable faster droping and would open just out side craft, and one for advance use(HALO/HAHO stuff), much more controlable and stay longer in air, open by player command

since you could have paradrop mission with chopper, i see no needs to remove it, may be just removing the pilot/gunners eject function would do the job

Mirrors to uncompressed videos for the impatient:

Enhanced Ground Vehicles Part 1

Enhanced Ground Vehicles Part 2

Enhanced Air Transport

This is really exciting, use more imagination. We could slay borg on the starship Enterprise, we could recreate Mario and destroy King Guba. You can already jump with a little scripting in flashpoint, so ArmA could be a platformer yay.gif

people might be suprised by the fact that the guy in the back was able to shoot his AUG with 100% accuracy, but guess what, the door gunner on a Mi-8 is able to do the same in OFP.

pintle mount doesn't absorb much recoil, i'd imagine the gun would bounce around alot, inaddition to the whole aircraft stuttering from the rotors.

This is really exciting, use more imagination. We could slay borg on the starship Enterprise, we could recreate Mario and destroy King Guba. You can already jump with a little scripting in flashpoint, so ArmA could be a platformer yay.gif

Heh, what ever floats your boat i supose. But yea i was thinking the same thing for giant space combat mod. Just think we could have giant space war ships that you can fly fighters out of and dog fight whiles 2 massive warships battle it out. And even try boarding the enemy ship with some of your buddies and take it over tounge2.gif Now that would be cool

Or even a pirate mod, the modding possibilites are endless (well they where for OFP but..even more so now.)

Quote[/b] ]ebns72 Posted on July 24 2005,16:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For parachutes, I would kinda like to see it the way FDF does it with parachutes being an inventory item. If you have one, you can jump out of the back of a plane and while in midair falling use the "open chute" option. But if you don't have one...well, you're screwed

That'd be nice for a mission that goes bad, everybody needs to race to get parachutes and bail before the plane ditches.. not very realistic, but exciting nonetheless.. tounge2.gif

Guys, anyone seen this? I bet it's gonna be in AA: dyncamic building destruction

before you all start downloading this 37 Mb. file like I did:

it contains VBS1 videos that have been around for some time now (dynamicBuild_a, AFM_a), so nothing new (as opposed to the movies mentioned earlier in this thread marked as "VBS - Enhanced")

there is no indication at all that these features will be in ArmA

The dynamic builiding blowing up video is (AFAIK) DIB for VBS1, a thing veery similar will be included with the Falklands mod I'm lead to belive..

- Ben

a bird twitterd me that the shown vids wont be in arma

but dib prolly will

Nah, no chance that dynamic building destruction will be in ArmA. Luckly we have seen that "Game 2" has it yay.gif

a thing veery similar will be included with the Falklands mod

Yeh i'm repeating my self tounge2.gif

It's entirely possible in OFP, and it'll be just as possible (As it's the same) for ArmA, and it'll run better.

Several people (Col Klink, Manticore, someone who's name I forgot who made a properly destrucuble wall for testing the idea, and probobaly others) have made desroryable buildings, or parts of buildings anyway, like this

It's not whether or not it's possible, it's wheter or not someone will release something using it.. Col Klink is making the DIB for VBS, so couldn't release it for OFP (if I'm not wrong, again tounge2.gif), ..for example..

- Ben

So you guys are rather sure it won't be in AA?

it has not been confirmed on any of the official ArmA screens so far

it may become possible as an addon anytime anywhere, but as long it is not part of the engine itself, it is likely to have a massive impact on FPS

(I won't imagine a random set of 10 tanks shooting 10 buildings kept together completely by fast setpos loops)

If its not coded into the "core" and works seperatly requiring specific building models and scripts i dont think it will be in arma, a improved damage system instead of the old cardboard crumble would be very welcome, for buildings, structures and vehicals though considering BIS is keeping OFP user made material compatible with ARAS it all leads me to believe that damage model wont be improved much if at all.

I think DIB would require alot of work on the large amount of buildings and structures that will decorate ARAS islands so i dont think BIS will use this solution, we can only speculate confused_o.gif ...

edit: Its not really the deformation of destroyed structures and units that look kinda bad, its the damaged/deformed models i would like to see improved, i would like to see them change/crumble into something more believable and without such a weird impact on the landscape crazy_o.gif .

Guest Ti0n3r

Im sure it wont.

I cant tell how this game is different than the original flashpoint, same thing...........like Medal of honor, Spearhead, breakthrough, few more guns and some graphic changes. crap

Guest Ti0n3r
I cant tell how this game is different than the original flashpoint, same thing...........like Medal of honor, Spearhead, breakthrough, few more guns and some graphic changes. crap

I don't think crap is the right word for Armed Assault..

Theres new VBS1 videos, for the upcomming(? may be out already, not sure) patch, that allows moving around in vehicles!!!11!one!!1 (Also shooting personal weapons, moving other vehicles).

Seemed to work very well, only thing the vehicle kinda went a bit funny when it touched the side of the heli, but it's a big improvment on what happens if the same thing happens in OFP (The car can flip in OFP, for example tounge2.gif)

You could run about, get in the vehicle (didn't see the person drive it in there, but I assume it works the same as walking about), fire the weapon, also didn't see them jump out, or load AI on to it (There was another person, which could well have been an AI)

Another one showed the player getting in an APC (In back), then it drove of, the player opened the roof, and stood up, and fired of the weapon out the hatch biggrin_o.gif

A friend sent the videos today, and it looks.. tempting enough to buy VBS1 for it alone huh.gif

But I'll wait and see what ArmA is like, and what VBS1 is like by then too tounge2.gif

Yeh I know it's a complete rip-off, but I play OFP enough to merit it tounge2.gif

- Ben

You are actually very wrong welcome.gif .

Thing is you can add, improve, change crap and it will still be... better crap, but if you pick a slightly outdated but unique masterpiece and you improve it, add to it, etc it will evolve into a better masterpiece.

That i believe is the case with the OFPR/ARAS transition, it will be alot more than just a expantion, it will be a transition to a better engine version, better lighting, models and textures, colision detection and problably more new and improved features and ofcourse new content wink_o.gif .

It will be like a new OFP game on a improved engine but generously including the previous work (3 games in one package).

What more can you ask confused_o.gif ...