Sign in to follow this  
crashdome

Sinews of War - The New Resistance Campaign

that reminds me; we did find a couple SOW bugs in mission 3:

-- i got a "cannot load mission, missing addons: editorupdate102.pbo" error at the start, even though i had the addon in my WGL folder; what upgrade did you use to make the mission? (WG5.0 uses gen. barron's)

-- i only had 10k but was able to buy the 20k mercs (brought my money to -$10k)

-- silenced weapons should be more expensive

-- it would be cool if purchased weapons werent' given to the player until the next mission (to simulate the delay in getting the weapons)

-- my position showed up with an HQ marker, but twiggy had no marker (idk if that's intentional)

-- the radio orders i give to my mercenaries are all local to my machine, no one else can read them (idk if that is intended or not)

-- twiggy wasn't able to recruit the recruits, only i was...

-- it would be cool if you could pass other variables through the savegame as well; so, for example, you could:

-be prevented from playing mission 2 until you have finished mission 1, or...

-prevent a player from playing a mission over again if he's already completed it, or...

-make a dynamic campaign that changes the starting conditions of each mission based on how the player performed in the previous missions, or...

-make a "survival" campaign where each player at the beginning is allotted 1 "life" and then their health is tracked via variable, preventing "dead" players from playing later missions (you could save their name or game id along with their weapons/health)

that reminds me; we did find a couple SOW bugs in mission 3:

-- i got a "cannot load mission, missing addons: editorupdate102.pbo" error at the start, even though i had the addon in my WGL folder; what upgrade did you use to make the mission? (WG5.0 uses gen. barron's)

-- i only had 10k but was able to buy the 20k mercs (brought my money to -$10k)

-- silenced weapons should be more expensive

Quote[/b] ]-- the radio orders i give to my mercenaries are all local to my machine, no one else can read them (idk if that is intended or not)

These are all mission-specific things rather than SOW-bugs...dunno about the HQ-thing and the recruiting since these could have been changed intentionally - Nubbin will know.

Quote[/b] ] -- it would be cool if purchased weapons werent' given to the player until the next mission (to simulate the delay in getting the weapons)

Yeah, that would be a nice option to have for a mission maker I think.

Quote[/b] ]

-- it would be cool if you could pass other variables through the savegame as well; so, for example, you could:

-be prevented from playing mission 2 until you have finished mission 1, or...

-prevent a player from playing a mission over again if he's already completed it, or...

-make a dynamic campaign that changes the starting conditions of each mission based on how the player performed in the previous missions, or...

-make a "survival" campaign where each player at the beginning is allotted 1 "life" and then their health is tracked via variable, preventing "dead" players from playing later missions (you could save their name or game id along with their weapons/health)

I was working on most of those a while back, would have been a 'campaign managing tool'...but for now, features are on hold until we see Armed Assault. I agree that those things are pretty important for the mission maker to have control over how the campaign plays...also it will help those with bad memory or who gets easily confused(like myself lol) to find the next mission, even if it is on another island.

Rune! you beat me to it!

I was going to mention that the editor addon message is probably due to the removal of the required addon line in the mission.sqm. That can be fixed relatively easily. It should not affect the mission in either case.

All except the recruiting bug are generally possible but not SOW defaults. A little creativity and those options can be incorporated into most SOW missions.

I am not sure why you had the recruiting bug, but it may have been due to a hiccup during initialization. Hopefully it is not seen again. If it is, let me know!

*Edit* after re-reading about the radio orders, it almost sounds like a bad connection. I assume you mean that he could not hear orders even though he was in the same group?? Perhaps there is a conflict somewhere?