Sign in to follow this  
Rambo-16AAB

1.96 Ded Server . Anyone help??

Trying to set up a Ded 1.96 server on my connection.

Have an External Firewall/router & 3 PC's. One of the PC's is to host a server.

I have opened the ports and set port forwarding to the Hosting PC. All good so foar - Not .

It is only hosting a LAN gae, I cant get it to host on the net at all.

Anyone know if its possible to host it from my network & what ive missed in configuration.

Thanks in advance.

need more info

server specs/OS, net speeds, ports you opened, router, other machine specs/OS

I have been running a dedicated server off my home network for a few years now.  If you see it on the LAN but not from the internet check the router to make sure it is forwarding the ports.  Ports 2302-2304 need to be forwarded to the machine hosting the server.

One way to check to see if the ports are being forwarded is to start the game and try to connect to the server through remote using your external ip.  If you see the server in the browser the ports are being forwarded.

Nothing is visable to the game browser when i check on the net, bor can you connect via IP.

It shows only as hosting on LAN.

The Ports mentioned are opened & forwarded to the hosting machine according the the config on my router/modem.

I have the master.gamespy bit set as well.

PC is a 2 Gig AMD XP powered system.

380+ mb ram

Loads of free HD space.

GF2 videocard

Modem is a PTI 4 port adsl router/modem.

ok in the server.cfg file add this line

reportingIP="master.gamespy.com";

for youre tweek open flashpint.cfg delete all and replace with this

MaxMsgSend=512;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=512;

MinBandwidth=8000000;

MaxBandwidth=10000000;

Product="DedicatedServer";

Language="English";

HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";

Adapter=0;

3D_Performance="6000";

CPU_Benchmark=6000;

Resolution_W="1024";

Resolution_H="768";

Resolution_Bpp="32";

LOD=7.500000;

Limit_LOD=0.005000;

Shadows_LOD=1.000000;

MaxObjects=256;

Cockpit_Textures=4096;

Landscape_Textures=4096;

Object_Textures=4096;

Animated_Textures=64;

Textures_Drop_Down=4;

Texture_Heap="16";

File_Heap="16";

Total_Memory="1024 MB";

MaxLights=32;

Light_Explo=1;

Light_Missile=1;

Light_Static=1;

Frame_Rate_Pref=500;

Quality_Pref=500;

note in the line total_memory change to what youre system has msn me at codeskywolf@hotmail.com

this config is for a 10-100mbps line just change

MinBandwidth=8000000;

MaxBandwidth=10000000;

to what youre line speed is it is in bps so convert from kb ie 3000000=3mbps this is based on upload speed so if you upload onley at 1.5mps do 15000000

also open ports 2300-2310 udp

ok in the server.cfg file add this line

reportingIP="master.gamespy.com";

for youre tweek open flashpint.cfg delete all and replace with this

MaxMsgSend=512;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=512;

MinBandwidth=8000000;

MaxBandwidth=10000000;

also open ports 2300-2310 udp

we dont really need to add the gamespy its in there by default, and those settings are more for CTI servers then CTF servers

and you cant set bandwidth till we know what he has every DSL is different, plus he has bare min RAM on that server

other then that we cant help him if he does not post the info I requested because every router is different and 1 setting wont work with another, somce are too basic and cause these problems

Ive posted the details of the modem as its printed on it.

It has virtual server settings which allow you to forward ports to a PC on the setwork using the PC's internal IP number. Ive done that. I previously hosted Blackhawk down, Joint operations & a Teamspeak server through this network. Its only Flashpoint thats being stubborn.:wall:

My DSL speed is 512 down 256 up.

I only need to beable to host for at best 6 players.

The OS on the serving PC is XP pro, service pack 1

I opened & forwareded ports 2300 to 2310 as requested.

This PC is higher Spec but i cant give it over to running a server.

umm maby a stuid question but you are starting the server with the bat file and not in game right

These are some simple but often quickly overlooked problems:

1) Have a friend type in your external IP address and try to connect

2) If above fails - check and see if the IP has changed (if you have dynamic IP) try having someone connect to your TS server too.. just to make sure someone can connect to something

3) if TS works and OFP doesn't then Restart your modem - the forwarded ports may not 'take effect' until a restart

4) if all above fails except TS (or some other prog) then something is using/blocking those ports. You have a firewall installed on the server maybe?

crazy_o.gif

tried all of the above. Still no joy at all.

I no longer have TS server installed, we rent one now, so I cant use that to test.

Think I'll get someone else to host it.

tons of dedcated servers out on gamespy not inuse I commpny pick on that is open and use those. If a person didn't want them being used they not have it aviable on gamespy, or have it password locked. Often contact information is avlable durring log in you can contact the admin to see if you can add more maps and what not to the server most are prteey cool if asked.

This may sound silly but try disabling and then re enabling the forwarded ports for the OFP server in the router setup a couple of times.  I know with my set up, it some times takes a few tries to get my Lynksys router to forward the OFP server ports. Every so often it just stops forwarding them to. All other apps, websites, TS... etc not a problem.  Just the OFP ports give me issues sometimes.  Same symptoms, can be seen with internal ip but not external ip.

dude you have to start ofp_server.exe with bat file right click on bat file make sure the exe it says in the bat file is the same in youre folder ie bat may say ofpr_server196.exe and youre server.exe may be ofpr_server.exe get me?

if both files are the same

re-download new ofp_server form website replace all but server.cfg and flashpoint.cfg