Sign in to follow this  
Voyager-NO-

Patch Generator v1.0 from Our Weapons project

Our Weapons project present:

Patch Generator tool v1.0

First tool for creating smallsize automatic installations for your updates.

Generated patch written with using WinAPI and non-visual components and pure code size is no more than 100 kb.

owpgen.jpg

Download 1.92 Mb

Comments? smile_o.gif

Regards, Voyager

This seems to be a handy tool for small updates thanks gonna try it. smile_o.gif

this is looking really great. i've already written two patches (this one for example) for the pbtl.exe file, but this here looks way easier. thx a lot. smile_o.gif

but could you explain a bit closer what it does? it opens a pbo, copies in what you defined and packs the pbo again?

another top notch tool mate !

thanks a lot thumbs-up.gif

this is gonna be a big relief for wargames development whistle.gif

A pbo tool that works like winrar or winzip would be really handy. Where you can just click and drag files into the window and it adds them and when you close the program it automatically repacks it?

How about for 1.1 you make it so you can save your settings to a file. That way you don't have to reconfigure everytime you start the program? Maybe have them as a ascii text file like Microsoft's INF files so we can customize them from a text editor.

Great program though. Saves my group many gigs of d/l's!

How about for 1.1 you make it so you can save your settings to a file. That way you don't have to reconfigure everytime you start the program? Maybe have them as a ascii text file like Microsoft's INF files so we can customize them from a text editor.

Great program though. Saves my group many gigs of d/l's!

after making a patch with it, i can only support this request.

it is a very great tool even without this settings-file.

Thanks for your appreciations. When all suggestions accumulate in largo manum, i'll release next version smile_o.gif

@ July 25 2005,15:17)]Thanks for your appreciations. When all suggestions accumulate in largo manum, i'll release next version smile_o.gif

this is not an important wish, but it would be cool if the patcher window autmatically gets the fitting size to the pic you've chosen. but that's not important. wink_o.gif

sorry to drag this thread up, but i've had a problem with this patcher...

I've made an icon file to use with it, and set it as my patch icon... but once i save the patch, it reverts to using the blue circle thing...

are there any things you have to follow with the icons? size etc?

That patcher accepts in and update the preview window with the icon... but once saved it doesnt work confused_o.gif

Just to add... i managed to make it use the OFP icon, so it works with icons, so i must have made an invalid sized icon... unfortunatly there was nothing in the read me telling me what size etc?

It does not seem to handle maps within the pbo very well from what i've noticed. Just replaces files in the root ("\MyAddon.pbo\rootfiles\ignoredMap")

Any take on that?

eh? tounge2.gif

the icon picture is taken from 'My Pictures' and is an ico file... it updates the actual patch maker with the new icon (top left hand corner becomes the new patch picture) but then once i make the patch, it reverts back to the weird blue sphere

I gotta solution for ya: Skip the chromed "UKF" logo and release the patch already. whistle.gif

I am unsure as to how you should use this tool.

I have copied the folder from which I create my PBO into a new folder called PatchTest. I also copied an 'unpatched' version of the PBO into the same PatchTest folder.

I then start the patch generator, click the Add button and browse to the PatchTest\Foldername folder.

After that I select the PatchTest\Foldername.pbo file.

Then I click Make patch and select to save the patch in the same PatchTest folder.

When I try to apply this patch, it exits with an application error saying:

Quote[/b] ]

Exception EResNotFound in module patch.exe at 00011B6D.

Resource PATCH55 not found.

What causes this exception?