Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Best PS2 game

i didnt vote tounge.gif

to be honest i dont really like ps2 cos u have to use a gamepad, its excelent in some types of games but comeplete useless in others

and i expected mgs2 to be amazing but its just an enhanced version of the original sad.gif

thats my two euro cents anyway biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Black Op @ Jan. 17 2002,00:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and i expected mgs2 to be amazing but its just an enhanced version of the original sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You mean the one for NES, that came out sometime in the 80's? Well,, I dunno...don't think so tounge.gif

I've alwayes been a fan of the MG series... I feel like an outlaw or something for not been playing the PS2 version sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snake1999 @ Jan. 17 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and i expected mgs2 to be amazing but its just an enhanced version of the original sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You mean the one for NES, that came out sometime in the 80's? Well,, I dunno...don't think so  tounge.gif

I've alwayes been a fan of the MG series... I feel like an outlaw or something for not been playing the PS2 version sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

the only thing that i didnt like about MGS2 was that through about 85% of the game you play as Raiden, why would wana play as somebody other than Snake? he's the coolest character of them all. that and some of the story and the bosses you fight seem a little unrealist such as a over weight loonitic whereing bomb squad armour and skating around on rollor blades while planting exlopsives and a vampire known as "Vamp" and Ocolot with Liquid Snake as a second personality that exsists through Ocolots new arm he recieved, than for some reason Hideo Konomi felt it was necessary for some reason that you had to run around naked for a while confused.gif

if they only change that the game would have been all the better

Regardless of how good the game could be (take for example, Grand Theft Auto 3)

unless it is released on PC, I feel that the game is ruined. The playstation just doesn't have the power or the ability to give a good game justice. And its not just the Graphics.

The Controls take a while to get used too... and even longer to master... and the loading times seem at times to be even longer than that of a PC game (though granted, you don't need to install anything)

In my opinion, the Game Consoles will never take the place of the Versatile Personal Computer, PC's will just become smaller, faster and more sophisticated.

I know GTA 3 kicks ass, I want it to be released on PC..

what I am saying however is that the Playstation doesn't do it justice. It could be so much better.

.....I liked GT one best! Nr 2 & 3 is plagued with too much understeer (forget about the settings option). Even if the steering of GT one was a bit flimsy - it is the best in my opinion.

Have anyone tried the X-box? I saw a pretty cool fighter sim -cant remember the name of it though???

The last time I touched a console, I was playing with this "thing"

rob.jpg

After about 2 weeks with this "thing", I went on to computer games and never looked back.  Though I do miss the "Duck Hunt" game that I also liked. That gun was the best part of the system, I think.

-=Die Alive=-

From what I've heard, GTA 3 is pretty damn cool, getting to screw hookers and killing them if you want your money back. Sounds original.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 17 2002,05:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From what I've heard, GTA 3 is pretty damn cool, getting to screw hookers and killing them if you want your money back. Sounds original.

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

Really? i played and beaten the game i didnt know you could do that wow.gif

There are good PS2 games? Well I have to say that consoles suck, the games are always the same crap (arcade racers and fighting games, two of the worst genres). The PS2 is an overhyped little box and it sure isn't as powerful as a PC like many say.

So I voted for the last one.

gta3 is a fun game,but i like console because of sport games,computer sport games have suck ,bad.

dont like psx but i must admit the fifa football games were excellent for a bit of two player anger and frustration release.

i just heard that in austraila, they banned GTA3 from all store selfs do to the very violent content and involvement of the shooting of police and of course stealing cars, but i also heard that rockstar games will water down a lot of the content so it can be sold in the market. that probley means that stealing cars, shooting police, and pedestrians, and the ability to pick up prostitutes will have to be removed in order to sell it there

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i just heard that in austraila, they banned GTA3 from all store selfs do to the very violent content and involvement of the shooting of police and of course stealing cars, but i also heard that rockstar games will water down a lot of the content so it can be sold in the market. that probley means that stealing cars, shooting police, and pedestrians, and the ability to pick up prostitutes will have to be removed in order to sell it there<span id='postcolor'>

It's about to be banned as illegal in Norway as well. Too offensive for most politicians!

My own opinion is a bit diffuse I suppose. I mean, war games etc are all about killing others and war is.....sort of accepted. But killing prostitutes and pedestrians and so on.....is sick in my opinion! confused.gif

I had to vote for GTA3 because it's so long and you do so much in it......I have had it for month's and I am not done with it yet...though I did loose my save and had to start again....

Medal Gear Solid 2 is a great game but very short...I can go through it in like 3:30 hours.

Grand Turismo 3 is a great game also....the best racing game I have played....and I plan to buy grand turismo concepts when it comes out...

Those are the only ones on that list I have but I hear that the PS2 version of max payne sucks bad....they had to cut way back on to much stuff in it...