Sign in to follow this  
TokarevT33

Mod OFP into a MMO?!?

I was wondering if it is possible... OFP has everything to be a good MMO, big maps, lots of vehicles, planes, tanks ..everything, the biggest problem is that OFP has big maps but with few soldiers in it, i almost feel alone there

Lets think for a second, a big map similar to the real world, with real countries, each one of them have unique equipment, 2 sides ( West, East) fighting for the control of the whole world...

Well there's already a game like that (WWII Online) and for me it is the best war simulation EVER, i hope OFP could be like that sad_o.gif

It's possible to mod this?

only 62 ppl on every side civilian east west and res (i can see the lagg in having world wars in flaspoint jesus)

only 62 ppl on every side civilian east west and res (i can see the lagg in having world wars in flaspoint jesus)

Yeah...in wwii online we have 300+ players online and i dont have any lag, why OFP is diferent?

Umm lag fest and a want-to-be-BF2 come to mind when I read this. Ive heard co-op is cool but havnt tired it yet, maybe you should? Its like Ghost Recon just BF2 style. thumbs-up.gif

What the hell are you talking about, did you ever played WWII Online?? i guess not so dont say s*** man, its NOT like BF2, open your mind why every damn game with lots of players has to be a BF2 kiddie crap? banghead.gif

erm shottie wth you talking about ? nobody said something from BF2.

WWIIOL = MMOG in WWII and a the best realism ive ever seen in MP games !

@tokarev

!S from Eggi2105 of the 505th Panzer (27.ID-Kg1 @Axis Side) wink_o.gif

btw. 1.19 sucks ...

Guest The Cobra

What the hell are you talking about, did you ever played WWII Online?? i guess not so dont say s*** man, its NOT like BF2, open your mind why every damn game with lots of players has to be a BF2 kiddie crap? banghead.gif

Chill out man! crazy_o.gif

OFP's engine is probably limiting this, as Hornet said, ofp can't handle so much players at the same time.

The "simple" answer is that WW2 Online was built from the ground up to be a multiplayer game, OFP wasn't.

Yeah...

*slap* *slap*

for one: it's 63 groups ,and there's 12 people per group!

However, Flashpoint's net-code hasn't been designed for MMORPG style gameplay. if you ever played a MMORPG you'll see the technology behind it goes... a long way.

I only did the 14 day trial of SWG, dont plan on purchasing a mmorpg, simply because it destroys the social life I already lack.

It's not possible.

The RN division did a 100 man CTF on their new power server, which was the fastest server at the time for OFP.

There was nothing but lag for about 60 seconds, and then the server just couldnt handle it, and crashed.

It's not possible to mod either, because you would need to mess around with the games core coding, which is illegal.

The best to do is wait for OFP2, which will have hundreds of units onscreen at once.

Yeah...in wwii online we have 300+ players online and i dont have any lag, why OFP is diferent?

sorry to resurrect but I have to remind everyone that WWIIOL isnt that good. It's very misleading that they say you can play with thousands of people online, but in reality they have this thing called a 64 player limit. All you can see is 32 players on your side, and 32 players on the enemy side. So its not really a Massive RPG...

sorry to resurrect but I have to remind everyone that WWIIOL isnt that good. It's very misleading that they say you can play with thousands of people online, but in reality they have this thing called a 64 player limit. All you can see is 32 players on your side, and 32 players on the enemy side. So its not really a Massive RPG...

Yes: SEE

But there are more then 1000+ ppl on the Server playing !

Try to join in the next campaign the attack at Brugge / Antwerp / Bergen Op Zoom ... You will see more then 32 EI (Not at the same time, but they are there !wink_o.gif