Sign in to follow this  
rsly75

Fire that spreads

I hope you add the feature of a spreadable fire. You could have things that burn at different speeds as well as things that dont burn like dirt or metal.

but what would be great is the idea of you being able to start a fire. Or be walking along a mountain side, and see off in the distance a pillar of smoke from a fire that started because of a battle. or how about this.... your in a building and your trying to snipe some guys, and the building next to you starts on fire... you have to kill those guys, but you only have so much time untill the building you are in, catches on fire. or what if your in a forest and you are surrounded by fire what do you do. These situations sound like fun. What I want to know, is if people like the Idea of a fire that can spread, and how could you make it so it would be fun, and so the whole island does not burn down. Maybe there could be a timer on each fire, so it does not burn the whole island. Any way I would like to hear from others on what they think about this fire subject. Thanks

Guest Ti0n3r

It's realistic but it would drain a lot of power. And Imo it's not something we need.

Mhmmm. I love the smell of...

Just give us possibillity to script it, that would made me happy. I'd love to interact with the new physical engine on script level.

lol

I can see the forest fire mod coming now! C-130's dumping thousands of gallons of water...fire jumpers leaping from helicopters to control the fire...the fire fighter commander keeping everything organized and praying one of his men isn't left behind or surrounded by the fire. Forest fires are handled almost like a war..it's fascinating when I watched it on TV.

If the water could be simulated that could make a very interesting mod

I thin quakergamer made some fire that spreads.... Hmm, been a while since i saw him? Where did he go? Wasnt he the guy who hacked ofpec or something?

Anyway, I think his scripts is on ofpec.com

He made a mission called firestorm or something.