Sign in to follow this  
Shottie

Airfields?

Where are some airfields with fixed wing aircraft? Random question I know, I dont even know if there are fixed wing aircraft, there should be though.

Here we go, where are airports located in OFP?

Guest The Cobra

"airport" is a texture applied in Visitor, WRPtool or WRPedit, when making the island..

Then you can config ILS, so the AI can land on airports and you can choose Landing Autopilot...

I hope you don't mean this, but just incase

Everon: In the north

Malden: Northeast

Nogova: On in the north (on an island) and the second southwest, in the desert...

Yes, my life is empty rofl.gif

Nogova: On in the north (on an island) and the second southwest, in the desert...

Well, kinda vice versa there. The primary airfield is the one in the southwestern desert. That's the one AI are programmed to land on, it's larger, and on the main mass of the island of the two.

There's also a smaller airfield on the island northeast of Malden, but it's really crappy as the runway isn't even flat.

...but perhaps it's the field that's supposed to be the place for smaller planes to land.

Now at these runways there are planes right?

Also have do I open a map so I can run around in it in Editor?

Nope the airports are empty, but you can add airplanes to them yourself.

To run around it in the editor place a soldier and make sure its the player, and then click preview.

Hi Shottie, from what i can tell you are quite new to OFP. Welcome smile_o.gif

If you are looking to play around with the editor then the best place to learn the ropes is at OFPEC

There are some great beginner's tutorials there....simply ask to be pointed in the right direction and you shall see the light. smile_o.gif

Thank you, I am new to the game but you guys are helping me with some very good answers and links. notworthy.gif thanks

Guest The Cobra

Well, kinda vice versa there.  The primary airfield is the one in the southwestern desert.  That's the one AI are programmed to land on, it's larger, and on the main mass of the island of the two.

I never said wich one was primary, just a coincidence that I mentioned them in that order smile_o.gif

Also on the Island of Everon the Airfield is located at the Northern tip of the Island.

Malden It's located North West- Just move west from your editor start point and then start going north.

Kolgujev, no Airfields.

Nogova-Been Mentioned

Desert Island- No Airports

Thank you for all your help. I have found the airports in the editor mode now I just have to figure out how to put planes/people down, but the FAQs from OFPEC should help. Thanks again everyone! notworthy.gifyay.gif

Double-click or copy+paste (ctrl+c, ctrl+v) to place units/vehicles/objects, del to delete selected object or object under cursor, shift+del to delete multiple selected objects. Turn textures on in editor to see the runways. When it comes to accurately placing objects in the editor-> banghead.gif

Always make sure you're in Advanced Mode, Not Easy mode. Look at the top of the editor, and click Easy.

There's also a smaller airfield on the island northeast of Malden, but it's really crappy as the runway isn't even flat.

...but perhaps it's the field that's supposed to be the place for smaller planes to land.

crazy_o.gif Dude are you serious! wow_o.gif

*sends BB SAS recon team to investigate!*

crazy_o.gif  Dude are you serious! wow_o.gif

*sends BB SAS recon team to investigate!*

It should be North West.. sorry for the mistake

rgr that still going to check though! Since I have not seen it! Cool I have this game for like 3 years now and have still not found all the cool spots in the maps! rofl.gif