Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Terrorist attack on London

Quote[/b] ]So far the news we're actually getting in London is 4 officially confirmed explosions

Confirmed 4 but suspected 7 apparently. I hope that's the last of it.

Quote[/b] ]Those people aren't chicken by the way, why do you say they are? They are however terrorists. You realize they can not go and challenge the UK's armed forces on their turf, so they taget soft. Simple.

huh.gif How are they not cowards? They could easily say "look Royal Marines, I wanna fight you!" icon_rolleyes.gif This would not be wise but instead of this they choose to target people who have nothing to do with anything. This is ofcourse more hard hitting but the fact they do it makes them cowards.

i read there were 90 deaths on one of the tube explosions! i hope this is someone over reacting though, id hate for this to be true

Wildo

They are however terrorists.  You realize they can not go and challenge the UK's armed forces on their turf, so they taget soft.  Simple.

And so many of you folks keep telling us this is the definition of a freedom fighter.

Guest The Cobra

Sorrry if mentioned before but swedish newspaper Expressen writes that an organisation calling them selfes "al-Quaida in Europe" has taken the responsobility for the attack.

May the victims rest in peace

mad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

4 confirmed 7 unconfirmed...

My wife just got a phone call from her friend in Liverpool city centre and the whole place is swarming with armed police and sniffer dogs.. Looks like they're all around Liverpool underground railway now..

crazy_o.gif

Getting a bit too close to my doorstep now.

Freedom fighter, terrorist they are the same thing, however many people will argue that they arn't. icon_rolleyes.gif

Freedom fighters are fighting for a freedom.... terrorists are fighting for.... huh.gif

if they come to temple meads then their on my doorstep! this is getting to scary now, all the main well known towns are all potential tergets

Wildo

Quote[/b] ]So far the news we're actually getting in London is 4 officially confirmed explosions

Confirmed 4 but suspected 7 apparently. I hope that's the last of it.

Quote[/b] ]Those people aren't chicken by the way, why do you say they are? They are however terrorists. You realize they can not go and challenge the UK's armed forces on their turf, so they taget soft. Simple.

huh.gif How are they not cowards? They could easily say "look Royal Marines, I wanna fight you!" icon_rolleyes.gif This would not be wise but instead of this they choose to target people who have nothing to do with anything. This is ofcourse more hard hitting but the fact they do it makes them cowards.

You are all being absolutely irrational.

How are Uk soldiers not cowards in Irak then? They go in with Armor, Air support and bribes, to fight people with nothing but AK's, RPG's, and some old artilelry shells?

Sorry to say people, you are just fully biased. There is a war going on, and the UK chose to be in it. They are terrorists, not cowards at all though, not suicidal. It's the only way they can excert pressure on the UK government. Through soft targets.

hm I'm shocked by these bad news... it would be great if the British army will leave iraq , I'm sure it will avoid several problems in the future for civilians of both countries...

I hope that they aren't expecting to carry out the same thing in italy or in Denmark...it's a shame..

Quote[/b] ]Those people aren't chicken by the way, why do you say they are?  They are however terrorists.  You realize they can not go and challenge the UK's armed forces on their turf, so they taget soft.  Simple.

There is an idea ,could many of the terrorists just have become terrorirst as they were forced to engage in vertical warfare by the fact that most western powers have excelent armor/equipment ,an unovercomable conventional supperiority?

One must note that in many cases it's hard to make a difference between terrorists and freedom-fighters ,much of what is perceived as terrorism in the west ,often insurgency attacks in Iraq are included ,have more a nationalistic origin than a purely religious one ,but often religion is merely used as a platform for recruitment.Notably in many cases of terrorism their is a sort of conventional counterpart in the same conflict.The Chechen rebels have non-muslim conventionally fighting rebels to ,same goes in iraq or even in Palestine.Even Al-Quaida have engaged in conventional warfare in Afhanistan ,both against Russians and Americans.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Those people aren't chicken by the way, why do you say they are?  They are however terrorists.  You realize they can not go and challenge the UK's armed forces on their turf, so they taget soft.  Simple.

Speaking as someone who lives in Central London i think they are pathetic cowards, chickens whatever you want to call them.

Anyone that resorts to placing bombs in crowed places and walking away is a coward.

What do you mean "not go and challenge the UK's armed forces on their turf"?

Judging from some of the arrests made around the world these people aren't Afghans or Iraqi's. They are Saudi's, American, French, British, Iranian, Idonesian. With the exception of those arrested in either Iraq or Afghanistan not single Iraqi national has been publically arrested in conjunction with terrorist charges.

"Turf" isnt an issue. Its a bunch of sick twisted individuals playing their own ego games in the name of religion. Simple, you cannot ever justify the murder of civilians either in War or in peace. To do so is to lower yourself to the level of the muderers themselves.

Guest major gandhi

How are Uk soldiers not cowards in Irak then? They go in with Armor, Air support and bribes, to fight people with nothing but AK's, RPG's, and some old artilelry shells?

Sorry to say people, you are just fully biased. There is a war going on, and the UK chose to be in it. They are terrorists, not cowards at all though, not suicidal. It's the only way they can excert pressure on the UK government. Through soft targets.

thanks for those reasonable words

I really feel sorry for all the people being harmed or killed in this attack, but you always have to keep in mind that the UK is in War. If you kill them you have to expect casualties under your own too.

Fine, live in your bubbles, I'm not stupid. They are terror attacks by your enemy, now go deal with it.

Chao

So if you use superior technology, you're a coward. That makes no sense confused_o.gif

Cowards thats all they are they will pay the ultimate price DEATH to all terrorrist they do not deserve to live

Quote[/b] ]How are Uk soldiers not cowards in Irak then?  They go in with Armor, Air support and bribes, to fight people with nothing but AK's, RPG's, and some old artilelry shells?

UK soldiers didn't CHOOSE to fight in Iraq.

Also Al Queda is responcible. Many of whom are from Afghan, the war was with Iraq.

Guest The Cobra

I think terror has been created when people want to express them self, but when noone is listening they use voilence.

BTW; I don't really think the brittish army is covards, they just put much money on their army

Guest RKSL-Rock

How are Uk soldiers not cowards in Irak then?  They go in with Armor, Air support and bribes, to fight people with nothing but AK's, RPG's, and some old artilelry shells?

Sorry to say people, you are just fully biased.  There is a war going on, and the UK chose to be in it.   They are terrorists, not cowards at all though, not suicidal.  It's the only way they can excert pressure on the UK government.  Through soft targets.

thanks for those reasonable words

So by that logic it would be acceptable if British or American forces secretly placed bombs in public places in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Quote[/b] ]How are Uk soldiers not cowards in Irak then? They go in with Armor, Air support and bribes, to fight people with nothing but AK's, RPG's, and some old artilelry shells?

UK soldiers didn't CHOOSE to fight in Iraq.

Also Al Queda is responcible. Many of whom are from Afghan, the war was with Iraq.

Well, a soldier choses to follow his government's orders, so actually soldiers did chose to be there mate.

About hte technology thing; it is funny, you expect people with no real structure or good weaponry to attack what you prepared for them to attack: armed forces. Yet you don't expect your armed forces to also give up their advantage by going in with the same weaponry to fight the enemy.

So okay: Al Qaeda, give up your advantage of terror

UK soldiers: fight with everything you got against a small enemy

Logic is great, who is the coward? If you want to avoid attacks on soft targets, maybe start losing the war, I'm sure they wouldn't bomb subways if they were in occupation of UK... man, how difficult is it to understand that this is not about coward bastards, but about a modern war! With a heavy imbalance of power.

Guest The Cobra
Well, a soldier choses to follow his government's orders, so actually  soldiers did chose to be there mate.

Isn't it illegal to disobey orders?

There you are wrong. Hardcore Al-Qaeda members come from Egypt and Saudi Arabia. They recruit people with no future and no life, indoctrinate these people and tell them that when they commit a suicide attack they get into "paradise" and recieve 72 virgins.

Quote[/b] ]Well, a soldier choses to follow his government's orders, so actually  soldiers did chose to be there mate.

Yeah they are SERVING their country. They didn't go to Tony Blair, hey let's goto war. They were ORDERED to goto war.

Quote[/b] ]There you are wrong. Hardcore Al-Qaeda members come from Egypt and Saudi Arabia. They recruit people with no future and no life, indoctrinate these people and tell them that when they commit a suicide attack they get into "paradise" and recieve 72 virgins.

Al Qaeda members come from anywhere to be honest, as you said they recruit people with no life, future etc. I was just saying Afghan because of Bin Laden being the leader.

Fine, live in your bubbles, I'm not stupid.  They are terror attacks by your enemy, now go deal with it.

Chao

i AM CANADIAN they are our Enemys too

Canadian Troops are in Afganistan or are you living in a bubble ?

Quote[/b] ]How are Uk soldiers not cowards in Irak then? They go in with Armor, Air support and bribes, to fight people with nothing but AK's, RPG's, and some old artilelry shells?

That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard on this forum.

As for getting into "paradise" and recieving 72 virgins.. I wouldn't blow myself up to find 72 bearded men waiting for me.