Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Terrorist attack on London

Quote[/b] ]BLASTS ON TUBES AND BUS

An explosion has "ripped a bus apart" just minutes after a number of blasts on London's Underground.

Scotland Yard has confirmed there has been an explosion on a bus in Tavistock Place. Union sources claim there have been reports of blasts on three different buses.

Witness Belinda Seabrook said she saw an explosion rip though a bus as it approached Russell Square.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang. I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," she said.

Scotland Yard could not confirm reports of an explosion on a bus in Russell Square. A spokeswoman said police were at the scene and attempting to determine what had happened.

The entire Tube network has been shut down following the blasts at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square.

It is understood several people have been wounded in the underground blasts, with one unconfirmed eyewitness telling Sky News he saw "bodies on the line".

British Transport Police confirmed there are "walking wounded" and said paramedics have responded to one report of a person classed as "life at risk".

"It's chaos, with people trying to work out what has happened," said a spokesman.

One witness said the packed underground train he was on was 200 metres from King's Cross when there was a huge flash.

The train stopped and people were using umberellas to smash windows of the trains. Passengers were led out of the train by underground staff.

He added people were milling around King's Cross covered in soot.

Clare Benson, 33, a city banker from Kensington, was on a tube at Edware Road where the second incident took place.

"I was in the last carriage at the back of the train nearest the tunnel when I heard a huge bang - you could feel it," she said.

"The lights went off for a couple of minutes and people were scared and wondering what to do.

"The drivers got out and were looking into the tunnel, then they announced that we should evacuate. My ears are still ringing and I was shaking."

Skynews article

Eyewitness accounts:

Quote[/b] ]SURVIVORS DESCRIBE TUBE EXPLOSIONS

A witness told Sky News there was an explosion at the back of a Tube carriage and he had seen bodies.

Other passengers on the Metropolitan Line explosion are reported to have attempted to smash the windows of their Tube carriages with umbrellas in an attempt to escape.

Police are thought to have been sent into tunnels to evacuate people along the tracks.

Bradley Anderson told Sky News that he was involved in the Edgware Road incident on a Circle line train.

He said: "We just left Paddington station. About 15 seconds later there was some kind of explosion and we collided with another train.

"We were heading into the station when there was some kind of explosion or something.

"Everything went black and we collided into some kind of oncoming train.

"There was debris all over the trains. They evacuated us."

Clare Benson, 33, a city banker from Kensington, was on a tube at Edware Road when she heard a massive explosion in the tunnel behind her. It was about 8.40am.

"I was in the last carriage at the back of the train nearest the tunnel when I heard a huge bang - you could feel it.

"The lights went off for a couple of minutes and people were scared and wondering what to do.

"The drivers got out and were looking into the tunnel, then they announced that we should evacuate.

"My ears are still ringing and I was shaking."

One witess told Sky there was an explosion at the back of a tube carriage.

"There was a big hole in the carriage. There were people lying everywhere covered in blood," he said.

"People were screaming. We could not get out.

"The explosion was at the back of the carriage."

He said people managed to walk through the carriages to get out.

He said there was "bodies lying everywhere".

Looks like a terrorist attack to me sad_o.gif

i cant say im spurised as it was kind of bound to happen yes you can prevent large terroist attacks like plane hijackings but its a far more difficult to stop smaller attacks just to many targets and to many ways to do it sad_o.gif

It's obvious it was.

Tube explosions

bus explosions

explosions elsewhere

bus bomb threat in Scotland.

Terrorist bastards mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Reports: Police Confirm 3 Blasts in London

LONDON - An explosion destroyed a double-decker bus in central London during rush hour Thursday, police said. Two other blasts also went off in other buses, reports said. There were reports of casualties.

The explosion near Russell Square occurred not long after blasts on London subways earlier Thursday, police said. Dow Jones Newswires reported that police confirmed explosions on at least two others buses.

One of the buses exploded near Russell Square, police said. A witness said the entire top deck of that bus was destroyed.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," Belinda Seabrook told Press Association, the British news agency.

She said the bus was packed with people.

"It was a massive explosion and there were papers and half a bus flying through the air," she said.

Yahoo News

On of the busses:

1312674.jpg

When did the explosions happen London time. I don't hear it on the dutch and english TV?

When did the explosions happen London time. I don't hear it on the dutch and english TV?

It's on RTL in the Netherlands at the moment. It happened arround 10 am London time I believe.

Quote[/b] ]Can anyone confirm reports of blasts in Liverpool as well?

Can't confirm.

Now there are also reports people who didn't survived the blasts sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]When did the explosions happen London time. I don't hear it on the dutch and english TV?

huh.gif err explosions happened at around 8:30 sometime this morning.

Quote[/b] ]Can anyone confirm reports of blasts in Liverpool as well?

If you mean Liverpool Station avon that is part of the London Underground.

sad_o.gif

It's on RTL in the Netherlands at the moment. It happened arround 10 am London time I believe.

Yes I'm watching it, I wanted to know when explosion occured. I first noticed it on NL 2. But I have answer now.

huh.gif  err explosions happened at around 8:30 sometime this morning.

Yep I just heard it on Dutch TV. First explosions were heard at 8.50 London time.

The bomb was outside liverpool street staion.  I work at Holborn, about 10 minutes walk from Russell Square, I have no idea how I'm gtting home tonight.

Russell square and Tavistock square have a lot of hotels, its a big tourist area, probably why they hit that area.

THe did the tube first, then the buses were full of people kicked off the tube,  I thinks its messed up they called it a power surge.

I'm not doing any work today.

well its on swedish TV all day now, I just wake up.

I dont understand how they managed to do this thinking the

security had to be tight due to the G8 meeting.

Thats in Edinburgh.

Theres going to be a statement from the house of commons at 12:15 GMT

After what CNN says, they seem not to know much until know. Looks like a Chaos. CNN says know there are some people killed as the bus exploded.

A heavy wounded guy is reporting that he was sitting in the front and in the rear of the train the situation was worser.

Shocking... mad_o.gif

A bunch of chickens doing these form of attacks...

I was in london last week using the subway every day... scary

May they rest in peace

Who do you think who did it. Or is it too early to say it?? I personally think it is Al Quaeda or something like that.

Who do you think who did it. Or is it too early to say it?? I personally think it is Al Quaeda or something like that.

Its very early to say...

From what ive seen, I dont think it was al quaeda who did it... simply too small bombs on the busses.

UPDATE:

Alan duncan announce: It WAS a terrorist attack (duh)

Some doctor tell reuters that more than 90 people were injured in the subway.

Several people dead in bus incident.

Unsure of who it is yet.

News reported 20 are suspected dead.

So far 6 blasts have taken place. Touch wood there won't be anymore.

I think it was Al quaeeda or something similiar or near to al-queeda. I dont think that it was the IRA, but was there are warning? I think its not usual for al-quaeda to make warnings before they attack something.

Quote[/b] ]I think its not usual for al-quaeda to make warnings before they attack something.

A lot of the time when warnings are made the threat is rarely carried through.

London is tight for security though, bigger things are harder to hide. Who would it be other than islamic extremisits who'd want at this at this moment in time?

Its not going to be the IRA - not really there style, and its not ecoterrorism, what else is left?

After the Spanish train bombing I've often thought its suprising we haven't got hit yet given out much closer relationship with the U.S.

Quote[/b] ]London is tight for security though, bigger things are harder to hide

Also the tube is such an easy target because of how open it is, security is not very strong down there.

Quote[/b] ]From what ive seen, I dont think it was al quaeda who did it... simply too small bombs on the busses.

the buses were torn apart mate the whole top deck is gone from what ive seen from pictures sad_o.gif

heres hoping for nothing more

Another sad and bloody day.....How many times we will witness such terrible happenings...... sad_o.gif

My heart cry for our friends and allies.

Klavan

I wonder when our time will arrive.....Milan, Rome,Venice?

Because our time will arrive one day in the next future. confused_o.gif

According to sky news the army are out on the streets, cant see much from my window's though.

We're all being told to stay indoors.

The mobile networks are all down as well so the police can use them.