Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

LOBO ARAB INSURGENT & ARAB CIVILIAN PACK

Yeah no kidding.   I hope the FBI don't come hunting me down thinking I posted the pack in celebration of events or something. I actually released the pack the day before the bombing on Tuesday I believe...then OFP.info release the pack on the same day as the bombing.  Originally I was going to post it on the 4th of July but I thought that was in bad taste and Big Brother might think that was kinda unpatriotic of me.  

Actually originally the pack was going to be released about two weeks ago, but we had  little hold up regarding an update, but decided this week to just release it and patch it later with the updates.

So anyways...Just wanted to let you all know that 1. I nor anyone in the LoBo have any connection or sympathies to Islamic militants (to my knowledge) and 2. I by no means posted them in celebration of the horrific terrorist attack in London.  

This pack is purely for the purpose of creating highly realistic modern Middle East missions and anti-terrorist missions.  For LoBo, they will be used mainly to simulate Palistinian terrorists as well as Al-Qaeda terrorists in the Sinai peninsula who the Egyptian government are currently hunting.  That is why we made them on the West side also.  That way mission makers can use our cool looking Egyptian Counter-Terrorist team, Task Force 777, and our Arab insurgents to make some good anti-terrorist missions such as hostage rescue missions and things like that.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

dont worry about it man

most guys love this addons as opfors as you mentioned

CAN someone pls post the read me, i deleted the rar file already

Readme

good job on the addons i need to kill them  pistols.gif

thanks

but it didnt have the info i needed

but ill ask anyways

how do i make the car explode using a trigger?

i tried do fire but nothing happened

also setdammage but also nothing happened

any suggestions?

As far as I know, the dofire type script will not work because the enemy detetcion range of the unit in the .cpp is like 5 meters or something like that.  In other words the target unit would have to be very close in order for the do fire command to work.  So you my have to experiment with different size triggers perhaps assuming your using a typical script like:

VEB1 dotarget humvee1; VEB1 dofire humvee1;

And then with a small trigger with maybe a 10m range.  Now I haven't experimented with that, but that might work.  As far as I know there isn't a script to simply force a target to just fire a round at nothing.

OH...but here's an idea.   Place some inanimate object right next to the VEB with the script above like:

VEB1 dotarget object1; VEB1 dofire object1;

However, have it triggered by which ever method you wish to trigger that script.  That would probably work best.

At any rate, we elected to use the waypoint method of detonating the VBE because it made it simpler to use for novice mission makers who don't like using scripts.... just a simple destroy waypoint.  

But hopefully the method I mentioned above will do the trick.

Let me know if it works.  If it doesn't then there's always the simple method of just using a camcreate script that will camcreate a bomb or tank shell right on the vehicle when the trigger is set off.  This method can be used to simulate other vehicles acting as carriers of improvised explosive devices either while being driven or parked.  

Try this script:

"shell120" camcreate GetPos _unitname;

That is for a smaller car carried IED.

For a bigger vehicle carried IED, substitute "shell120" with "LaserGuidedBomb" like this:

"LaserGuidedBomb" camcreate GetPos _unitname;

unit name is of coarse whatever you name the vehicle that is supposed to carry the bomb.

I'm quite surprised nobody seems to have been making any such missions...probably because we're lacking a good Iraq map that doesn't lag like crazy.  But I may try to make a mission like that on Tonal...but due to lag sadly it will only run well on higher end computers.  sad_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

As far as I know, the dofire type script will not work because the enemy detetcion range of the unit in the .cpp is like 5 meters or something like that.  In other words the target unit would have to be very close in order for the do fire command to work.  So you my have to experiment with different size triggers perhaps assuming your using a typical script like:

VEB1 dotarget humvee1; VEB1 dofire humvee1;

And then with a small trigger with maybe a 10m range.  Now I haven't experimented with that, but that might work.  As far as I know there isn't a script to simply force a target to just fire a round at nothing.

OH...but here's an idea.   Place some inanimate object right next to the VEB with the script above like:

VEB1 dotarget object1; VEB1 dofire object1;

However, have it triggered by which ever method you wish to trigger that script.  That would probably work best.

At any rate, we elected to use the waypoint method of detonating the VBE because it made it simpler to use for novice mission makers who don't like using scripts.... just a simple destroy waypoint.  

But hopefully the method I mentioned above will do the trick.

Let me know if it works.  If it doesn't then there's always the simple method of just using a camcreate script that will camcreate a bomb or tank shell right on the vehicle when the trigger is set off.  This method can be used to simulate other vehicles acting as carriers of improvised explosive devices either while being driven or parked.  

Try this script:

"shell120" camcreate GetPos _unitname;

That is for a smaller car carried IED.

For a bigger vehicle carried IED, substitute "shell120" with "LaserGuidedBomb" like this:

"LaserGuidedBomb" camcreate GetPos _unitname;

unit name is of coarse whatever you name the vehicle that is supposed to carry the bomb.

I'm quite surprised nobody seems to have been making any such missions...probably because we're lacking a good Iraq map that doesn't lag like crazy.  But I may try to make a mission like that on Tonal...but due to lag sadly it will only run well on higher end computers.  sad_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

actually i never tried the destroy waypoint

thanks

i thought triggers was the only way to go

my mission is actually set in afghanistan

i think its less lag than tonal

so i have a question about this addon. in it i see individual bomber charaters. i e bomber 1, 2, 3, etc. the look unarmed etc. what do they do? explode? and if so.... do they work like the van?

thank you

Ah yes....good question. We should have taken those guys out temporarily from the .cpp because currently they do not work... we are working with thunderbird84 to try and get them to explode in some manner. In the update to this pack, we will hopefully get them working properly. Until then you can simulate them as suicide bombers using one of the camcreate scripts I mentioned above in the mission editor.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ah yes....good question.  We should have taken those guys out temporarily from the .cpp because currently they do not work... we are working with thunderbird84 to try and get them to explode in some manner.  In the update to this pack, we will hopefully get them working properly.  Until then you can simulate them as suicide bombers using one of the camcreate scripts I mentioned above in the mission editor.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

or you can use triggers

No...they don't have any bomb script in them (unless Calm Terror left one in there that I'm not aware of). However the camcreate scripts I mentioned in the last page go into triggers. So in other words by using camcreate scripts I am talking about using triggers.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This camcreate string does not work for me. You put it in a trigger's activation field ?

Keeps telling me: Local variable in local space

I played around with the suicide van and im having a problem. I can shoot out the tires before it gets close, but i cannot kill the driver. Am i doing something wrong?

Allah protects him against infidel bullets of the Shaitans. You must use Muslim bullets to slay him. lol

Nah seriously.... its just a LOD issue that keeps him from dying. Thanks for pointing out that bug. We'll see about fixing it in an update along with the problems with the Toyota cargo section. Until then, I recommend stopping it with grenades and AT rockets. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Suicide van is giving me a headache. Damn driver will never go to a waypoint, no matter what I do. He'll always either turn around and go the other direction or completly avoid it by going another direction. I can never get him to the spot I want him. mad_o.gif