Sign in to follow this  
mrbean1112

My slightly reworked zombies

Hey guys, head over to http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

and dl my slightly reworked zombies, just thought i would start up a thread for any bugs, comments, etc...

Please tell me what u think! this is my first modificication ever released to the community! tounge2.gif

how about some screenshots and some text about the changes you made, and which base units you used wink_o.gif

its all at ofp.info, but the zombies moan every once in a while, it is not the same moan either, woman zombies have a different moan biggrin_o.gif the moaning is all random pretty much, but i worked hard to get the timing just right, not too much, but enough. after playing with these, i couldnt go back to the original zombies. Plus! they work in multiplayer, i tested them on a LAn with my freind, it was so freaky walking through the fog and hearing the moans in the distance getting closer.... then you can hear the zombies right next to you... then we have to run, and hold off the onslaught and get killed .... yeah

pistols.gifyay.gifgoodnight.gif

Hey man nice zombies, i would use these in my new mission im working on but i presume they are useing new class names. which will require a lot of my scripts being changed. So ill carry on with my mission with the normal zombies at the moment. then maybe release an update later useing yours biggrin_o.gif

Mission should be in beta soon, already done one of the several missions. Progress been slow lately on the fact that ive just got Rome:total war tounge2.gif

yo mrbean! great zombies man! biggrin_o.gif

just one question, i cant get them to attack a whole side, ive read the readme and the gblalltargets = thislist doesnt work, they just stand there moaning. lol

how do i get it to work?

ok, make a trigger, and in the size, make it like 99999999 on both axis's. now lets say you want to put in a man on the west side.... make it present, west, once copy this in your on activation field of the TRIGGER

gblalltargets = thislist    

that exactly, try it again, and if it still doesnt work, tell me.

of course, remember to put in the game logic scripts as well.... medium game, hard game, easy game, etc.... rofl.gif

The Zombies are great! They got one small feature i always wanted the other zombies to have biggrin_o.gif

zombie missions are much more scarier now! tounge2.gif

I read somewhere this setfog command can be used to make things foggy, where do i have to put it and how?

Tested these and i liked even that iam usually not a fan of this kind of stuff.

Time setfog thickness

Replace 'Time' with a number of seconds you wish it to take for the fog to set in.

Replace 'Thickness' with a number from 0 to 1. 0 being no fog, 1 being maximum fog and 0.5 being somewhere inbetween.

For example:

10 setfog 0.8

this will set the fog thickness to 0.8 within 10 seconds.

You can place this line of code any where you like, activated by a trigger, in a Init.sqs, or just simply in the Init line of a unit on the map.

Nice zombies. I needed something like this to make them seem a little more normal. Now if you can just fix the .9 dammaged civilian textures by replacing them with dead flesh textures youll have the unstoppable zombie.

sig limitedz: Nice pic. brotherhood of nod 4ever!

Thanks for all your comments guys, now are there any more questions or anything???

yeah one.. whats the class names of all the zombies? i would like to have that so i can put it in spawn scripts instead of having 6 groups of zombies lagging down my comp from the start tounge2.gif

i think it would be cool to walk around in some foggy town and suddenly you hear the moans and stuff and they come right at you from around the corner or something crazy_o.gifpistols.gif

im pretty sure the classnames are z_1, to z_12, then z_woman1-z_woman6.... if that doesnt work, tell me and i will check again. oh here is a simple respawning script.

#start

~50

"z_1" createunit [getpos die1,ja,"BOBst=this"]

"z_woman4" createunit [getpos die3,jast,"BOBst=this"]

"z_7" createunit [getpos die2,jasts,"BOBst=this"]

"z_4" createunit [getpos die1,ja,"BOBst=this"]

"z_woman1" createunit [getpos die3,jast,"BOBst=this"]

"z_6" createunit [getpos die2,jasts,"BOBst=this"]

goto "start"

all you need to do is create 3 zombies off on some random island where they wont attack or anything, each one in a different group, the groups have to be ja,jasts, you can redo these anyway u want, i used this script in one of my coop missions with my freind, it works very well on even a 900mhz processor..

Yeah.... rofl.gif

any more questions?

those are just the group names lol, i started with j originally, then every twelve i added an a, then an s, then a t, then an s, etc  wink_o.gif

yay.gif  crazy_o.gif  rofl.gif  help.gif