Sign in to follow this  
Brentk

Do a favor for the forums

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I've had about 5-8 of my threads go completely OFFTOPIC!!!!!! confused.gif Which sucks, if i wanted it to be an offtopic thread it would be in here, the OFFTOPIC forum. mad.gif I know that this is the case with some of Damage Inc.'s posts too, so i think something should be done to help stop this. I mean i go into the General forum to read my screenshots thread and they're talking about wolf3d(i do like rtcw but still), how they came to that topic, I do not know. confused.gif

Just like a conversation in real life, one on here can change topics repeatedly.

Not much we can do about conversational habits, but I see what your saying.

Tyler

I don't know why but I've suddenly become a master of putting threads completely offtopic.

lol...... i wasn't blaming you or anything at all biggrin.gif , you had mentioned it in another forum... It is really lame when you go to look at what people think about something like the screenshot forum and its been offtopic for about 2 pages sad.gif

I think the reason is that right after I've posted on a thread someone else comes to spam in it.

The problem is reading about one thing often starts you thinking/talking about another thing, so you either post about it in the thread that started you thinking about it or you have to go to off topic and post a completely new thread that seems to contain something that's randomly come from nowhere, personally I'd prefer the former, that way people can come in and post something on topic, thus it stays where it is, or if the thread has gone OT and remains OT it gets moved to OT.........that's the way I see it anyways smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Jan. 16 2002,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know why but I've suddenly become a master of putting threads completely offtopic.<span id='postcolor'>

You learned from the best at throwing topics....me

yes, yes they have. stop it. or i will be forced to... do nothing. And I don't want to have to do that. You never seen me do..... nothing. HMMM well stop throwing my topics!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

or else ill cry

The official phrase for "putting a thread off topic" is called "thread-hijacking" wink.gif

Should one of you detect this, you need to reply with something like "THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED BY SOANDSO"

etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Jan. 17 2002,15:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay I'm hijacking this thread now.<span id='postcolor'>

THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED BY DAMAGE INC! tounge.gif

like that?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Jan. 17 2002,17:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes. And now the spamming part starts.<span id='postcolor'>

oh okay

*ahem*

Spam:D

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Jan. 17 2002,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well you just spammed this thread.<span id='postcolor'>

you started it! i just said: spam

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my birthday tomorrow<span id='postcolor'>

lol nice post,

THIS POST HAS BEEN THREAD JACKED 3 TIMES.

I knew damage would do it!  wink.gif    he's one crazy thread jacking mo fo.

this is an offtopic thread so it doesnt really matter to me if it is thread jacked

I also started my stopwatch to see how long it will take for a moderator to see this thread and close it.

the proper term would be "locked"

duhhhh

STOP THREAD JACKING

Placebo is like the Josef Stalin (or something) of the forums. He holds a mighty high authorityyyy and often threads will just "disappear" or all of the sudden appear somewhere else. I fear that one day it wont just be the threads disappearing...but the people too! GASP!!!!

j/k biggrin.gif