Sign in to follow this  
belgerot

Iraqi National Guard 1.0

Over on opflashpoint.org forums I noticed that The KMan 3000 has released version 1.0 of his Iraqi National Guard soldiers. They come wearing the Chocolate Chip scheme camouflage, and are also equipped with jackets for colder/winter climates..

http://www.opflash.org/news/2005/Infantry/NUT/nuting01.jpg

http://www.opflash.org/news/2005/Infantry/NUT/nuting02.jpg

Quote[/b] ]I decided to make some Iraqi National Guard soldiers and here they are. There are regular soldiers wearing 6 color desert uniforms and winter or cold weather soldiers wearing parkas and caps. They come with regular and high dispersion weapons.

Download

Needed Addons;

IM:UC Iraqi Infantry (Teaser) v0.90 (6.37MB)

JAM v2.00 (5.93MB)

Very nice looking units smile_o.gif

Will d/l and try them out in the morining.

LOL I just finished mine yesterday evening rofl.gif

Not so funny when you think about it actually confused_o.gif

they look nice indeed, and are a very nice addition to the available troops for OFP thumbs-up.gif

Ironsight-

a little variety never hurts, the more the merrier, would love to see your version of the Iraqi National Guard wink_o.gif

Ironsight-

a little variety never hurts, the more the merrier, would love to see your version of the Iraqi National Guard wink_o.gif

Well they are almost exactly the same since they were also based of HYK's infantery. Only my vest looks a bit different smile_o.gif

Ironsight, please release yours also...but I recomend a few things.  TO make yours different perhaps put some goggles on the tops of some of their helmets.  Also you are welcome to use the AK's from the terrorist pack on the LoBo FTP server.  I can send you a link if you need it.  

The AK's in that pack include the Romanian AK with the wooden vertical foregrip as well as a Romanain AKM with that kinda unique wire folding stock.  Both of these AK's along with the standard models of AKM's, are very common in Iraq.

Also...  These guys look great, but they also have unecessary dependencies upon the IMUC mod.

Furthermore I have never seen ING guys wearing dark brown vests...maybe I'm wrong, but I've never seen any body armor looking like that.  I've seen tan colored vests and black vests and woodland cammo vests...but thats about it that I've seen on them.

So anyways, if you could make yours with goggles (some with goggles, some without), black body armor, with arab faces (your welcome to use LoBO Arab faces), and with the LoBo rifles from our Terrorist pack, then you'll have a much better pack I think.   Also a few ING with knit watch caps would be good also.

Oh actually...ya know you could also just call yours Iraqi Army soldiers (Post Saddam) because technically, the ING are reserve forces and are not regular Army.

So that is another way you could differentiate your guys from the Iraqi soldiers in this pack.

Info found here: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iraq/nia.htm

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@Ironsight

Why not post some pics of what your units look like?

As for this addon, I changed a few things to make this pack suit my tastes more.

West side instead of resistance

-you can help the US in missions as well as fight against the res side generic rebel pack as well as any east side units

ICP weapons

-I think the BIS JAM models are bad (IMO)

LiquidSnake's faces

-just higher quality faces

I think these look more like Iraqi SF though and my one thing I'd like to see changed would be baggier pants (although thats a nitpick)

Overall not bad at all, but a few things could be fixed up.

@Ironsight

Why not post some pics of what your units look like?

Exactly the same as KMAN's but the my vest looks a bit different (read uglier tounge2.gif ). These units are nice and pretty accurate though I recommend to use Liquidsnake's faces and RHS AKM's smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Furthermore I have never seen ING guys wearing dark brown vests...maybe I'm wrong, but I've never seen any body armor looking like that. I've seen tan colored vests and black vests and woodland cammo vests...but thats about it that I've seen on them.

They are quite widspread in the NIA. I have a lot of pics of soldiers with either that brown vest or one in desert cammo smile_o.gif

If I remember correctly while RHS's AKM's are indeed some of the most beautiful looking rifles in OFP (along with ORC's weapons), they do not have HD ammo. Anyone who has fired an AK-47 or AKM will tell you that they are nowhere near as accurate as any M4 or M16. They are basically good 100 meter weapons for accurate fire... and good to 300m or maybe farther for suppressive fire if you do some kentucky windage or re-adjust the sights.

At any rate, also you might add some ING's just wearing the field caps they usually wear. Also occassionally there is a unit wearing the old Iraqi kevlar helmets which actually aren't bad helmets according to some US troops that have fired a few rounds at them for fun.

Oh and...yeah you're right about the brown vests...I found some pics of them. Very odd looking...hadn't seen or noticed them before. Ah well...learn something new everyday

Anyhoo... I hope you release your guys with some of those added features.

Oh finally.... I get a wierd error with these guys. They don't work for me because everytime I load up a mod folder with them I get a "requires DirectX 8" error. I got DirectX 9 on my computer and when I remove this addon, the mod folder works fine.

Anyone else have this problem???

Chris G.

Aaka-Miles Teg<GD>

This is a good addon, but I have one small request for anyone making another version of the ING or to the creator of this addon if he is planning on updating it.

I think they should be under the West side. Right now I think in any Iraq missions this addon would be used in, most of us would use JJR's Middles East Resistance to be the OPFOR. The problem is that these units are also on the resistance side as are the ING units.

Quote[/b] ]West side instead of resistance

-you can help the US in missions as well as fight against the res side generic rebel pack as well as any east side units

Already mentioned.

Hate to dredge up the past- but is a west side update in the pipe for these guys?

-Breaker Out

It takes about 5 minutes to do this yourself btw.

If you want, I can pm you the info.

The chances of a west side update are "probably" none. I dont know for sure but I doubt it.

Uhh- I dont like scripting- I cant figure it out. I can give it a shot, tho, unless someone releases a west side version.

-Breaker Out

nothing to do with scripting... just a minor config change - surely these would be better suited on resostance side tho

I just took a look at these ING soldiers and they look nothing like Iraqi troops. They look more like NATO soldiers with Russian weapons.

For anyone wondering how close these are (and are too lazy to look it up) here are some pictures of the Iraqi National Guard,as you can see he did a very excellent job on em,as you can see they do indeed look similar to the soldiers in Desert Storm because of the "chocolate chip" camo,their mostly identifiable with the guns,you wouldnt see the us soldiers (some of em still wear that DE camo) carrying around AK's,atleast not to use,and the British guys have their own camo.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/images/photos7.4/8221_512.jpg

http://www.defendamerica.mil/images....4c1.jpg

http://www.thewe.cc/thewei....ask.jpe

Heh,on the second page of the google image search it seems the second picture of the addon came up.

I thought the point of this addon is to make Iraqi soldiers (Saddam's soldiers) that would fight the American and British invaders in OFP. I didn't realise these are West side soldiers of after the invasion. I think most people were waiting for Iraqi troops that can be used to make Iraq war campaign. I guess I was wrong...

I (personally) was looking for Iraqi Nat'l guard troops. How do I change the Config?

-Breaker Out

side 1 is for west they are now side 3 as they are now resistance 2 is for east side so you must set the side to 1 wink_o.gif

edit to give you a better look in config each line with:

side=2; change it to side=1; wink_o.gif

I thought the point of this addon is to make Iraqi soldiers (Saddam's soldiers) that would fight the American and British invaders in OFP. I didn't realise these are West side soldiers of after the invasion. I think most people were waiting for Iraqi troops that can be used to make Iraq war campaign. I guess I was wrong...

Those are allready released. Search for IMUC Iraqi Infantry.