Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

3D real time satallite map

=) nice even my small town is on it.

Hmm even Hailuoto is on it, too bad you can't take heightmaps from this program hehe. smile_o.gif

If you already had Keyhole2, you get a free 12 month extension, and Google Earth Plus to boot. If you had the Nvidia 'OEM' version though (Keyhole2 NV, with Mars DB) you'll need to reactivate your account here.

BergHoff, how do you get such detailed map ?

i.e. map of Prague.

maybe 64kbps is not good for this huh.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I tried to zoom in at Area51 but it said "Sorry we dont have imagery at this level of this region".

Very strange, right? icon_rolleyes.gif

maybe 64kbps is not good for this  huh.gif

There are som graphical options on tools/options:

OpenGL or Directx, 16 or 36 bit color, Detail area (256 x 256 to 1024 x 1024) and Anisotropic filtering.

Very nice tool this program is, if the some of the pictures could be upgraded it would be even better.

Some bugs with locations and roads but nothing can be perfect, right?

PS: Set terrain on and see Malden wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I tried to zoom in at Area51 but it said "Sorry we dont have imagery at this level of this region".

Very strange, right? icon_rolleyes.gif

Not really, your just paranoid. wink_o.gif

Most of England is still like that.

i.e. map of Prague.

maybe 64kbps is not good for this huh.gif

Well I put all options on the highest setting and zoomed in and waited for it untill it was at 100%

Real time? that would be quite advanced :P In reality most of the pictures are many years old.

Yea, their database is 2 years old.

Quote[/b] ]Couldn't get better zoom, maybe is it possible with GoogleEarth ?

Same texture on GoogleEarth sadly enough, only some roads are added.

hehe, the finnish Island off the coast of Oulu;

hailuoto5vs.th.jpg

How many satellites would it take to enable a real-time view of the world? crazy_o.gif

But still, as I said before, they need to update some of the pictures they have. Some/All of the pictures which is not a city or/and a western country is pretty blury.

Guest Ti0n3r
How many satellites would it take to enable a real-time view of the world? crazy_o.gif

But still, as I said before, they need to update some of the pictures they have. Some/All of the pictures which is not a city or/and a western country is pretty blur.

So many that we would die of the radiation from the flashes? wink_o.gif

True about the blure. I couldnt zoom in very good at my home town. I saw that it indeed was that town but just cause of the lake runing thru it. Couldnt tell houses from asphalt. crazy_o.gif

THink your self luck you can see the houses

[ur=lhttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/DBR_ONIX/WhereILive.jpg]The view of where I live..[/url]

To have realtime satellite is fine if theres only one person, but for every person using the program, techincaly it's need one for each.. Wonder how long it'll be till two people center it on the same place and *CRASH*.. rofl.gif

..maybe not

- Ben

Can't use the software (win98), but on maps.google I got this:

[img-http://sweb.cz/mrc/bis_is_here.jpg[/img]

Compare to CZ map

Original google satellite map (Couldn't get better zoom, maybe is it possible with GoogleEarth ?)

Where'd you pull that address from? Everywhere I've looked has an address that doesn't match that one, they all match to this place :

bis-jrc.JPG

It depends on what resolution you want. Suppose you want a fairly good resolution, say 0.25 m/pixel.

That's 16 pixels / m^2. The earth's radius is about 6e6 m. The area of a sphere is 4*pi*r^2 which in this case =~ 4.5e14.

Divide that by 16 and we get that we need a 2.8e13 (28 thousand billion) pixels. The most expensive bigass industrial/scientific digital cameras can today do 100 megapixel.  That's 1e8. So we would need 2.8e13/1e8 cameras = 2.8e5 (270 thousand) cameras. Say that a single satellite can carry 10 of those. That gives us the answer 28 thousand satellites.

Bottom line, according to our model, until we get 10 gigapixel cameras the project of a full real time view of earth is not likely (~280 satellites) .

A 10 gigapixel picure would have the resolution of about 115200x86400 pixels.

What about bandwidth. Well, in uncompressed TGA, 32 bits per pixel, one image would take about 3.75 gigabyte. That's 37.5 gigabytes per satellite. If we want a decent frame rate, say 30 frames/s, we get a needed bandwidth of 1.125 terabytes per second and per satellite. Even if we do really low quality JPEGs out of it (say 1:10) we get 112.5  gigabytes per second. That needs a bandwidth of 0.9  Terabit/s from each satellite.

I don't need to think I need to tell you what kind of energy is required to get such a bandwidth at that range by radio link. So if you don't want a fusion plant on every satellite, and if you didn't have a desire to fry every bird, plane etc in the air, you'd have to go with an optical link (laser). This on the other hand is blocked by clouds etc..

Conclusion: not bloody likely today or any time soon.

Compare to CZ map

Original google satellite map (Couldn't get better zoom, maybe is it possible with GoogleEarth ?)

Where'd you pull that address from? Everywhere I've looked has  an address that doesn't match that one, they all match to this place :

img]http://www.tatsumaki.net/bis-jrc.JPG[/img]

The old OFP page, maybe.. whistle.gif

(Or was that adresse to be kept secret?)

They didn't even have a telephone number in the telephone book when I was in CZ sad_o.gif

All I found in that book was Bohemia Instrument crazy_o.gif

1.125TB/s internet connect.. I want crazy_o.gif

I think if something has access to any area live, it wont be public, for some reason..

I think a more realistic next-step would be to eliminate/cutout having to wait for the satellites to pass over where ever Mr BigGovermentThingyThatUsesSatteleites needs to see (I.e cameras that see more ground at same quality, so if the cameras are positioned in certain way, you can get live feed from anywhere by getting the right area of the image)

Anyway, thats my (probobaly misinformed) guess tounge2.gif

Anyway. The forum with lots of attachements for bookmarks on Google Earth is pretty interesting. It'll give something to do in the "Urgh I'm bored" moments biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

- Ben

Compare to CZ map

Where'd you pull that address from? Everywhere I've looked has an address that doesn't match that one, they all match to this place :

img]http://www.tatsumaki.net/bis-jrc.JPG[/img]

Medvidek's homepage. I'm pretty sure that your pic shows maybe CZ publisher's (Cenega, former JRC) or offices BI shares with them (or even older BI place).

Actual developers are in Mnisek pod Brdy.

bis_zima.jpg

^ effort to infiltrate still continues

If I'd bothered to go back and check my sources... anyhoo, I stand corrected. Unfortunately my source for high-res aerial photography does not extend that far south of Prague. The naval yards at Hampton Roads, Virginia, is a spot I like to look at, it has to have one of the worst dockside railyards.

Cool, though some places the resolution is very low, I'm surprized it finds them at all

My little hometown in the outskirts of Havana:

Cotorro.jpg

Beach I always used to go to:

Guanabo.jpg

Guanabo2.jpg