Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

3D real time satallite map

The only problem with hunting up the silos is where they put them. If the government doesn't want you to have access to something, they hide it in Nevada. But if they don't want you to know about something, they hide it in the proverbial haystacks known as Montana, Wyoming, and North and South Dakota's. Chances are even they don't remember where they plugged them all in. tounge2.gif

To post a link, from Google Maps click the ""link to this page" link, then insert that as a URL into a post here.

looking for arabic music on google and I come across this

Nazi Bulding

tounge2.gif  tounge2.gif  biggrin_o.gif

gotta zoom in abit

Pretty damn cool for a free version

Lol, why does my homestate massachusetts gotta have such an ugly color? sad_o.gif

Anyway these satalite images are pretty old, I'm looking in my friends driveway and he got rid of that trailer years ago :P

Oh my God, where is this Nazi building? Can`t belief this. It can`t be. crazy_o.gif

....burnig down the house. whistle.gif

How can I post a picture I found? because I found what looks like an old airfield with old AA emplacments and everything.

Use a free image host (Look at start of Combat Photography thread for some)

Then take a screenshot of the picture, save it to paint or other graphics program, crop it (Or move it around in paint, and drag the image size), then upload it to the image host

Or, the google-maps has a "Link to this image" link, click it, then copy/paste the URL to this thread tounge2.gif

- Ben

Nice that they updated it... I think I've found the hotel I stayed during my trip to Paris, and I can nearly spot my own house... And I live in Finland.

Actually if you look the whitehouse roof and the capital building roof are all blury/blanked out too.

Interesting. What you've happened upon is the US Naval Observatory. Here's a clear, high-res overhead image of the newly-mysterious USNO campus: aerial.jpg

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/gif/aerial.jpg

Quote[/b] ]The U.S. Naval Observatory performs an essential scientific role for the United States, the Navy, and the Department of Defense. Its mission includes determining the positions and motions of the Earth, Sun, Moon, planets, stars and other celestial objects, providing astronomical data; determining precise time; measuring the Earth's rotation; and maintaining the Master Clock for the United States. Observatory astronomers formulate the theories and conduct the relevant research necessary to improve these mission goals. This astronomical and timing data, essential for accurate navigation and the support of communications on Earth and in Space, is vital to the Navy and Department of Defense. It is also used extensively by other agencies of the government and the public at large.

What they're concerned about is the security of the GPS constellation. Either to prevent physical attacks against it, or to maintain some secrecy regarding the communications systems used to transmit and/or recieve data to and from the satellites.

There is also the mention of other "agencies of the government", and these could include the DOD, DIA, CIA, NSA, and DHS, among others. If these agencies are the reason for the pixelization, I can't imagine what they must be trying to hide.

Actually if you look the whitehouse roof and the capital building roof are all blury/blanked out too.

Yeah, they're definately concerned about maintaining the secrecy of the Secret Service installations, communications antenna, and defense systems that might be visible on the rooftops of these buildings.

Yep, you just have to use Russian, British or French satellite images if you want to see the rooftop of the White house wink_o.gif

No, but seriously, they are being a bit silly as that information is available anyway. And since they haven't bothered blurring out other countries' military installations, political hq:s etc, I think that they can expect the same in return.

Regarding the US Naval Observatory ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....iew.jpg ), it is also the official residence of the vice President.

Regarding the US Naval Observatory ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....iew.jpg ), it is also the official residence of the vice President.

Yep, bingo, I was just about to add that.

Of course, I can't imagine how someone could use such a low-res image of the USNO grounds as that provided by Google Maps, to plan an attack against the VP. The place is obviously a heavily-defended fortress, compared to the Whitehouse.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2559617.stm

I found my house with this thing. I also found Volgograd. I even found whiteman airforce base (50 miles away from my home)

I even found whiteman airforce base

Too bad that there ain't even 10 planes visible there... And they all seem non-operational.

Anyone know where the Dimona Nuclear Reactor is?

I read about it in the newspaper today, it's suppose to be 10 km south for the town of Dimona (Israel) but I haven't have any luck finding it.

Wikipedia is my friend

I really like the high res images available with Google Earth - just found the flat I was living in while studying in Córdoba (Spain) a few years ago.

smile_o.gif

I was just having a look at the few parts of the UK that are available in fairly in high resolution and found that you can see a U2 parked at RAF Fairford.

Well, it is at Langley VA.... Yep, CIA headquarters, apparently on a very slow day(?)

Anyone know what these are:

NorthKoreanCoast.jpg

The North Korean coast seems plastered with these... My first guess was salt or fresh water production plants. But neither is North Korea known for it's salt trade (at least that I know of) nor do they have severe lack of fresh water. So what's the alternatives? Fish farms???