Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

3D real time satallite map

I'm pretty sure that some of our OFP texture artists could do the job wink_o.gif

Hey now, couldnt somebody somehow export those models and make a replica of New York in OFP? I wanna drive downtown in my T80 causing all sorts of havoc pistols.giftounge2.gif

Can only imagine the lag! crazy_o.gif

I'd like a map where I could zoom in on the Pacific islands and stuff like that. The major cities and stuff like that doesn't really interest me.

I'd like a map where I could zoom in on the Pacific islands and stuff like that. The major cities and stuff like that doesn't really interest me.

Google Nasa Worldwind... and see what you get. You can get pretty good imagery from all over the place.

I couldn't find the button to bomb a target? Is that only available in Google Plus?

Dude, Thats what left of the Taliban base after the US B52'ed them  tounge2.gif  rofl.gif  pistols.gif

Does look like bomb craters, espically if you scroll around, theres Not the best maintained buildings around, and a few (Well, saw one icon_rolleyes.giftounge2.gif ) burnt/cratery type thing.

Though if it's on sand, it must of been within a few mins of the bombs hitting (before the sand gets blown and fills the craters), might be stone or dried sand or something though tounge2.gif

Hmm, has anyone found any inflight planes? Dunno if it'd see them, and the chances of finding one is.. small, but you never know

- Ben

also near area 51 theres some strange stuff crazy_o.gif

like a circle crossair, a X airport, a face, and other creepy stuff.

been looking at area 51 webpages, wicked stuff, lol and the "cammo Boys" are very nice.

Its defenitly nÅŸ1 place for plane spoters, at the nearby peaks.

And u might get a chance to watch some creepy lights at night hover u.

Quote[/b] ]

Hmm, has anyone found any inflight planes? Dunno if it'd see them, and the chances of finding one is.. small, but you never know

I found a cessna on final approach on some airfield in america, that narrows it down alot...

u can post the link of what ur seeing, theres a button in top corner, near the send a email

Impressing little software.There was a time when you could only dream as a civillian to have acces to such high quality satellite pictures be they 3 years old.The only drawback is that they don't have a better zoom for Eastern Europe which is quite unfortunate but there is no doubt that this bound to get better with time.

Impressing little software.There was a time when you could only dream as a civillian to have acces to such high quality satellite pictures be they 3 years old.The only drawback is that they don't have a better zoom for Eastern Europe which is quite unfortunate but there is no doubt that this bound to get better with time.

NASA World Wind is quite the same only has more clouds in it but better terrain rendering. smile_o.gif

What the heck is that? huh.gif

Looks a like it's draw on the picture and not actually there.

EDIT: Thats not SR-71's, thats... B-1's (Pic)?

No, those are indeed Blackbirds. NASA maintains a couple iirc for high-altitude high-speed research. Notice the ellipsoidal fuselage, and the 'step' in front of the outboards' cowlings before the delta sweep. The B1 has engines underneath, so it doesn't need that step (to put the leading edge behind the cowling) and thus can have a smooth delta right from the wingroot.

I'm trolling likely suspects looking for B1's, but if they're where I think they are there won't be high res pics. This is where they're supposed to be :

Dyess 32°25'N 99°51'W

Ellsworth 44°08'N 103°06'W

McConnell 37°37'N 97°16'W

Mountain Home 43°02'N 115°52'W

Robins 32°38'N 83°36'W

There's none at Dyess, Ellsworth is super-low res, none at McConnell or Mountain Home. Haven't got to Robins yet, other more important downloads came up wink_o.gif Anyhoo, I expect that due to OEF/OIF they're pretty much all forward deployed to Anderson in Guam, Diego Garcia, and either a base in the UK, DE, or the one they're building in (I forget) Bahrain or Qatar. If they're in the UK, there might be high-res pics.

-edit-

Found one at Robins, W83.36'12.06 & N32.38'46.30. Missing the horizontal stabilizers though. Iirc, there was a couple out at Palmdale.

Another + for Google Earth over Google Maps. The Palmdale imaging in the recent DB update is inferior, so I logged into the legacy DB instead. Nothing in Palmdale. But, there's a whole pile of B1's at Dyess on the old data. Ellsworth is even lower res, McConnell is the same data, though it does have a jungle camo B52. Nothing also at Mountain Home, Robins is the same data.

Now if you're looking for something old and dead, try the Davis-Monthan boneyard, W110.56-W110.48 & N32.11-N32.00. Good luck finding something though, there's a ton of hulks out there.

Wright-Patterson has a B1-A outdooors at W84.06'31 & N39.47'0. They have the only remaining XB-70 Valkyrie, but it's indoors.

What the heck is that? huh.gif

Looks a like it's draw on the picture and not actually there.

EDIT: Thats not SR-71's, thats... B-1's (Pic)?

Ya definently not a B-1 lol.

no that is SR 71s but they look to dam big almost like they are put in to the pic afterwords

and the left gear of the left plane is out in the sand who will park a 70-80milj dollar jet plane like that (dam USAF/NASA pilots)

i found a b52 on the pic to biggrin_o.gif

found 3 B1s to biggrin_o.gif

Other than the technical limitations, the main reason not to have a real-time version is half of it would be at night  wink_o.gif

GoogleEarth rocks anyway. Took me a minute to find my house...very cool  wow_o.gif

Oh and by using the path tool you can work out the distances so easily. Now I know for a fact it is 840m to the Subway restaurant down the road biggrin_o.gif