Sign in to follow this  
gandalf the white

sell resistance online?

If changes exist Amra will be posponed, and since resistance isn't printed anymore, could it be possible to make Resistance (or Goty) legally downloadable?

That's about the shortest way I can put it. I bet the Bis crew knows about the pro's and con's. so it's up to them. smile_o.gif . Fact remains there are still people screaming to get their hands on Resistance, and they'd pay for that, just to play all those fancy mods, campaigns, missions, addons, etc... because when Amra gets released: you wont be seeing any mods for a while wink_o.gif .

good idea, although it is my guess that ArmA will be available without delay.

*I do not have any idea when BIS will release ArmA

You can buy it here easily enough, as long as you or someone in your family has a credit card. Also a lot of shops have it (Thanks to PC Gamer, as they re-released it)

Making it avalible for download it a big task, and would probobaly be finished after the time AmrA is out crazy_o.gif

Also, if "OFP created content is compatible with ArmA", then there is already many thousands of addons for ArmA tounge2.gif

Not sure how compatible they are (Since it's the OFP Engine, I dont see why you couldn't just install FDF to ArmA and it would work), but if not, I'm sure people will covert them over pretty quickly.

Selling the game online from the start is a not bad idea, but the load on the download servers is hideous, and if you want to spread it over servers pre-release so it's avalible on the release day, you need to encyrpt it, and to decrypt it, you need a Steam-A-Like.. "no" sums it up? tounge2.gif

Or, BIS could be the first developer to release a full (paid for) game via BitTorrent! tounge2.gif (Not quite sure how that'd work, unlocking it without making only one person pay for it, ah well tounge2.gif)

- Ben

The thing about OFP is the anti pirate software, so if you download the game it would have to be different than from the disc so it don't have the "Fade out" system thingy. I my be wrong thou.

@CERO.