Sign in to follow this  
Icabola

Do you know how to end Israel-Palestinian War??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, read my post, they had it before the Israeli's, when it was under British rule (which I forgot to mention).<span id='postcolor'>

Go to the library, and read some intelligent Mid-East recent history books that were published before the WEB with all of it's nonsense conent came out. What you're saying his simply false, as in wooden teeth.<span id='postcolor'>

Whose books? How about these?

"Between 3000 and 1100 B.C., Canaanite civilization covered what is today Israel, the West Bank, Lebanon and much of Syria and Jordan...Those who remained in the Jerusalem hills after the Romans expelled the Jews [in the second century A.D.] were a potpourri: farmers and vineyard growers, pagans and converts to Christianity, descendants of the Arabs, Persians, Samaritans, Greeks and old Canaanite tribes." Marcia Kunstel and Joseph Albright, "Their Promised Land."

"The extended kingdoms of David and Solomon, on which the Zionists base their territorial demands, endured for only about 73 years...Then it fell apart...[Even] if we allow independence to the entire life of the ancient Jewish kingdoms, from David's conquest of Canaan in 1000 B.C. to the wiping out of Judah in 586 B.C., we arrive at [only] a 414 year Jewish rule." Illene Beatty, "Arab and Jew in the Land of Canaan."

"The Balfour Declaration, made in November 1917 by the British Government...was made a) by a European power, b) about a non-European territory, c) in flat disregard of both the presence and wishes of the native majority resident in that territory...[As Balfour himself wrote in 1919], 'The contradiction between the letter of the Covenant (the Anglo French Declaration of 1918 promising the Arabs of the former Ottoman colonies that as a reward for supporting the Allies they could have their independence) is even more flagrant in the case of the independent nation of Palestine than in that of the independent nation of Syria. For in Palestine we do not propose even to go through the form of consulting the wishes of the present inhabitants of the country...The four powers are committed to Zionism and Zionism, be it right or wrong, good or bad, is rooted in age-long tradition, in present needs, in future hopes, of far profounder import than the desire and prejudices of the 700,000 Arabs who now inhabit that ancient land,'" Edward Said, "The Question of Palestine."

And please AvonLady, don't bring out that huge ANTI-SEMITIST stamp and label me again. I'm absolutely against all kinds of racism, including anti-semitism - and Zionism, which is just another sick racist/fascist/nationalist ideology.

==============================================

Joku said :

I think that we should exterminate palestinians. They are a terrorist nation and they won't stop as long as they exist or Israel is destroyed. I would choose exterminating palestinians.

==============================================

Well Joku ..this world is not designed for Western or Eastern, nor Israelis or Palestinian ...we all have the equal right to live in peaceful and harmony......Even if you do not believe in God you still have the real truth deep down inside your heart. If you are mature enough...or maybe when you getting old you would see the world in a different way... Its very beautiful life is if there is a peace...

How could you said that one should be exterminated??? What if you were born as a palestinian??? (Frankly I am a Taiwanese living in US) Try to be just...not one sided.........

I am very sure not all Israelis nor Palestinians like this war.....Its just a bunch of hardliner or politicians who make things worst.....that sometimes use a religion as their vehicle......

Please be mature in what you are saying.....try to understand the world...there is no superiority in one to another...even you are the most powerful country in this world...

Regards,

Icabola

PS. Sorry for my language.

Well the Taleban are being exterminated.. I cant think of many folsk aside from.. well the taleban who would have it any other way..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 18 2002,18:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well the Taleban are being exterminated.. I cant think of many folsk aside from.. well the taleban who would have it any other way..<span id='postcolor'>

this is bollox

you dont "exterminate" a political/religious movement

the taliban are not a people, they are/were a political/religious movement

it would be correct to say "the taliban have been destroyed", but not exterminate.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (silent wings @ Jan. 17 2002,13:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">simple really, blow them both up.then they CANT kill each other,if they are too stupid to stop the war themselves then maybe we can help by ....um crashing a small moon onto them or by dropping a rock the same size as britneys ego onto the general area.<span id='postcolor'>

Neither side is stupid but there is some much hate between them that peace is nearly impossible. The only way for any thing that resembles peace would be for the Israelis to remove all there settlements on the west bank.

But the west is to blame for this conflict mainly as when we decided to give the Jews the land some bright spark said

"The Jews are a people with out a land and It is a land with out people"(This quote is not whole accurate as I can't remember it word for word) But Israeli very much so had people on it who were just told this isn’t your country anymore bugger off. Which would piss off any one.

Frankly I would have given them part of Germany to live in it seems quite fair when you look at it maybe not quite what the Jews would have liked but it would have been fair.

Ronin, I strongly doubt the Taliban will be back any time soon. I think the main concerns now, as far as war goes, will be de-mining Afghanistan. The Soviets dropped lots of mines on that place and even more were planted during the civil wars afterwards. The only threat from the Taliban now would be some small sporadic attacks, as happened a few weeks ago near a marine base. And a seperate one in which a U.S. soldier was killed. Though I'm sure there are still many zealots left, but they will (hopefully) have a hard time orginizing again.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 19 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ronin, I strongly doubt the Taliban will be back any time soon. I think the main concerns now, as far as war goes, will be de-mining Afghanistan. The Soviets dropped lots of mines on that place and even more were planted during the civil wars afterwards. The only threat from the Taliban now would be some small sporadic attacks, as happened a few weeks ago near a marine base. And a seperate one in which a U.S. soldier was killed. Though I'm sure there are still many zealots left, but they will (hopefully) have a hard time orginizing again.

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

Where did I say they'll be back confused.gif

An organisation doesn't exist as a fixed entity per se. It's dynamic - people come and go. Even if you wipe out what you believe to be all of the members, it can still "live on". Movements like Al Qaida and Taliban and several more will continue to exist in one way or another as long as there are people willing to believe in the ideological aspects of these organisations. Ideas are very hard to kill indeed. Just look at the former colonies. Who would have thought the claim for independence would endure the first initiations in many of those countries? I know, I'm not right in comparing former colonies with al Qaida and Taliban, and the f. colonies claim for independence were justified - and of course whatever the claims of the al...  Taliban, they just cannot be justified in any way (or at least the actions). However, if people have a strong will and an ideology they soon build identites wich are hard to "exterminate". I suspect that even if the al Qaida has taken a few beatings and hit the canvas, there are allways someone willing to commit themselves to the cause (may the force not be with them), and sign up.

The palestinian authoroties are not terrorists even though they can't control some of the more militant groups. Having said that I'd like to emphasize the fact that the israelis attacks on civilians as well as the palestinian authoroties are just as bad as the actions of the militant palestinians. Both parties terrorize, and if peace is to be implemented both parties must stop the violence. Oh, and Sharon obviously has to go. But I suspect that will happen in the near future when the israeli people understand that the hardline aproach doesn't get rid of the suicide bombers.

Let there be peace!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 19 2002,00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You said they were destroyed, not exterminated. I think its the latter.

Tyler  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

/me sighs

go back to my post and read what i wrote. i listed the difference between extermination and destruction.

What do kids learn in school these days confused.gif

The problem with the middle east and especially the PA is that there no longer is a leader. Arrafat is just a geriatric who no longer has control over his bladder let alone "his people".