Sign in to follow this  
IceDude

Crashing in 1.46

OK heres the thing. 1.96 i can play normaly, but version 1.46 ( gamespy ) crashes every time during the game play in multiplayer. Its not the gamespy, cuz eaven if i join by ip in 1.46 game still crashes to desktop. I get absolutley no message, like i would alt+f4 the game.

Iw sent the e-meail to codemasters, but they seams to cant find the reason as well. I updated mother board chips, graphic and sound card with newest drivers.

Allso Pc cant be the problem cuz i have P4 3.2 Ghz 1 GB ram Geforce 6600 , audigy 2 ZS and 160 GB disk.

Now if theres any other topic´s about this please post a link here cuz i tryed to search for it but none information was usefull.

Thanks,

IceDude

Not sure I understand you. If you have 1.96, there is no need to revert back to 1.46.

I wonder ... is your network (nic) IRQ set to the same as the video card or sound card? I'm thinking that the problem may be timing related, especially if you only see it when attempting a multiplayer game.

Can you use 1.46 in single player mode with no problems? If so, this would seem to indicate a problem related to your nic in some way. If not, then maybe the problem may be due to a video driver issue.

Some other threads mention that the latest NVIDIA drivers may be causing problems. (I recently reverted back to old drivers after running into problems with 1.96, ... that solved my problems.)

its basecly 2 dif games....like counter strike 1.6 and counter strike source.

1.46 is the original game, res is upgrade.

I wonder ... is your network (nic) IRQ set to the same as the video card or sound card?  I'm thinking that the problem may be timing related, especially if you only see it when attempting a multiplayer game.

Can you use 1.46 in single player mode with no problems?  If so, this would seem to indicate a problem related to your nic in some way.  If not, then maybe the problem may be due to a video driver issue.

Some other threads mention that the latest NVIDIA drivers may be causing problems.  (I recently reverted back to old drivers after running into problems with 1.96, ... that solved my problems.)

where can i get any old geforce drivers? i got geforce 6600 as mentioned above. atm im using this driver 7.1.2.4

can you allso tell me more about this IRQ thingy? what should i do and how? im a nooby with pc´s

Over here at the Nvidia.de page there are some older drivers. I was unable to find those on Nvidia.com.

For checking your IRQs, you should be able to do something like the following:

1. Run "Microsoft System Information" and you'll see an expandable list on the left side of the screen.  (If this program isn't installed, you might want to add it from your Windows OS installation CD. Check in your System Tools folder under Accessories.)

2. Click on "Hardware Resources" and the list will expand.

3. Click on "IRQs" and you'll see a list of your IRQs along with the associated resource.

OR ... you could ...

1.  Go to "System Properties" (access via System on the Control Panel, or right click My Computer and select Properties).

2.  Select "Device Manager"

3.  Select your NIC card (or modem) and then select "Properties"

4.  Click on "Resources" and see the value for the "Interrupt Request"

5.  Repeat steps 3-4 for your video card or any other devices that may be competing for interrupt servicing.

IRQ 0 System timer OK

IRQ 1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard OK

IRQ 3 Communications Port (COM2) OK

IRQ 4 Communications Port (COM1) OK

IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK

IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK

IRQ 9 Intel® 82801EB SMBus Controller - 24D3 OK

IRQ 12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse OK

IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK

IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK

IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK

IRQ 16 NVIDIA GeForce 6600 OK

IRQ 16 Intel® 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2 OK

IRQ 16 Intel® 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE OK

IRQ 16 Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) OK

IRQ 18 Intel® 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7 OK

IRQ 18 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller OK

IRQ 18 Intel® 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers OK

IRQ 19 Intel® 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D4 OK

IRQ 20 Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter, Copper RJ-45 OK

IRQ 23 Intel® 82801EB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 24DD OK

is this ok?

damn i dunno wtf should be wrong. I instaled older versions for graphic sound and motherboard, i tryed the newest version, i reinstaled game, i reformated, and nothing... im starting to give up...

After reading some of the troubleshooting problems listed here, I'm now leaning toward purchasing an ATI video card instead of another GeForce.

If I were you, I'd see if I could borrow an ATI video card from a friend for testing.  Swapping the video card would help to determine if the problem is related to the video card or not.

If it is the video card, then I'd invest in a new ATI video card.

But, did you say that you can run in 1.46 mode without crashes as long as you stay away from multiplayer?  That is, as long as you're in singleplayer mode?  Hmmm, if so, then that is strange.

Alternatively, can you use 1.96 for multiplayer?

Edit: Another thing someone mentioned ... is your power supply large enough, perhaps 350 or 400 Watts?  The thought is that an under-powered PC may have voltage problems when your video card is sucking full power.  Seems unlikely, but probably worth checking.

Edit #2: Found these additional suggestions:

1) If AGP, try lowering the AGP from 4x to 2x, to 1x if problems continue.

2) Check BIOS motherboard settings. If you have the option of either "High System Performance" or "Optimized Defaults", try running with the optimized or safe defaults. If the processor or video card are overclocked, adjust the settings back to normal.

yep m8 iw tryed al lthat allready. my power supply is 450 or 500 not sure. yes its starnge couse in single player it isnt crashing, only on multiplayer, and only 1.46 . 1.96 i can play easely

Just as a matter of curiosity, why would you want to play 1.46 when you can play everything of CWC via Resistance's 1.96 and it's significantly improved in a number of areas? smile_o.gif

well in 1.96 theres allot of games ( 90 % ) ruined by cheaters. In 1.46, you decide who will play and everyone has they OWN name, you cannot impresent some one like in res.

I like res allot more, but 1.46 is the place where you dont have to worry about cheaters. maby a speed cheat or ammo trainer every .i dunno.......20th game....

At least no flying trucks dissapearing buildings etc smile_o.gif

sry for my english tounge2.gif

I had CWC with Red Hammer but struggled to get a copy of resistance so bought the GOTY edition. Hence some home games on the LAN with my brother, but only at v1.46 level.

Note to self to get broadband at home....

@IceDude - I noticed that your new machine is really nice (and powerful), I'd guess that you just recently purchased this new machine.

Also, judging the date that you signed up as a member here (Nov 2003?), I'd guess that you've been playing OFP for a long time.

So, would it be safe to assume that you have another older computer that has been running 1.46 without problem?

When I used to be a computer technician (many, many years ago), we would sometimes use an "Easter Egg" technique. If we couldn't find the problem through normal diagnostics, we'd swap a known good card with a similar card in the failing computer. If the symtoms changed, or were fixed, we knew we had located the part that was contributing to the problem.

It may not be easy, but this is the only thing I can think of at this point ... if you really want to get that new machine on-line with 1.46.

Also, it might be helpful if you gave us as much detail as possible on the crash. For example, did the screen turn into a mess of horizontal lines and the computer fails to respond? Or, do you get a blue screen with some words on it? Any additional detail could be helpful.

yep u assumed correct. Iw played on a older pc b4, like 4 months ago i think and it worked fine except the fps issues due to bad hardware.

Only thing i get is i get kicked to my desktop. Go in game, start a mission, and press ALT+F4 -- u will get the same result in crash as i do.

Game just closes by it self. Theres no specific time when it happens or anyhintg, so i dont know. Iw tryed disabeling sound card, only thing i didnt test yet is if its graphic card or Motherboard or something. Lets say it is graphic card, only solution then is toreplace it with other 1 yes?

which im not gona do cuz all other games work great, specialy 1.96

But oh well dont worry, im not gona try any more. BIG THANKS for infos that u and others gave me tho.

Hope i dont need to come in troubleshoting section again tho lol

!SOLUTION!

HA- HA ! found the problem!

It was NOD32 ( antivirus ) that was cousing that.

Now i instaled Norton, and it runs v smooth.

Just wanted to let this know to you guys i ncase anyone gets a similar problem to this.

omg i was searching for ppl wif similar problems 2 mine before i posted - and i found it exactly. I have exactly the same problem (basically). 1.46 was working, now it isnt.

-same pc

-only change a Audigy 4

-and i dont run nod32 (whatever that is) which fixed the problem previously

-i have checked all the previous sugesstions and none of them fixed my problem

-1.96 works PERFECT

-only issue that im havin wif ofp is the 1.46 MP crash

any help would be great

TheDawn

edit: im also an xfire user if ne1 wants 2 no... thedawnofallwars is username

Please don't dig up old topics. Start a new topic with a complete list of your PC specs, drivers used, addons/mods used (if any).