Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong2

Objects of addons in Editor

I have problem with figuring Objects of addons in Editor. I created objects and I want to add him to the island in the teeth of Visitor. I saved it as PBO and I see into the Editor ingame but there are not to sight my Objects, Others original objects are to sight normally. (I think small gray panes which represent Objects in Editor) I hope to understand you this. Thanks for advice.

Have you added property names/values for the GeoLOD in o2?

Have you added property names/values for the GeoLOD in o2?

I do not understand now. Could you explain it a bit. What is GeoLOD. What I have to do exact. Thanks

A model of an addon is divided into LODs, each LOD being a "model" inside the same model file.

Some of these are for distance purposes, to save resources, so you only have to load a small detailed object from distance, but this changes to a more detailed object as you move closer.

But some LODs are not for the looks, such as "Memory", "Geometry", "LandContact" etc.

Be sure you include the Geometry LOD as this is a solver for many of the disfunctional models made.

Read through BRSSEB's tutorials for more on this. (With screenshots)

I made these models which he's talking about so here's the problem:

If i place them in the editor then their icons are normally visible on the map ingame. But if he places them on our island with the visitor then the icons aren't visible ingame on the map. There seems to be some bug with the icons because ID number for the objects is shown in the editor.

GeoLOD is made as it shoulde be (components, weight,...)

SO does anybody know where's the problem?

And one other problem:

I've got a radar tower witch rotating radar. Rotating is made by a script enabled in init event handler. And now again placed in the editor it works fine but placed on the island it isn't working. The question is....is it possible to have a "working" model on an island?

THX for your answers help.gif

I think you need a named property in your geometry lods......something like:

map building

As for the rotating radar, init eventhandler doesn't work for .wrp placed objects.

Planck

I think you need a named property in your geometry lods......something like:

map building

As for the rotating radar, init eventhandler doesn't work for .wrp placed objects.

Planck

thanks it works now, but about the radar... is there any other way to start the rotating script for the radar?