Sign in to follow this  
Bambi

International Special Forces

with every pic you post, your units look better and better.

It makes ofp look like a different game. I like that every part fits together. Nothing looks out of place.

Its definately on my must-have-list biggrin_o.gif

Since you asked for addon suggestions, maybe you consider some KSK units? smile_o.gif

Awesome models and textures!

[dreaming mod on]It would be nice if we could patch country flags on the uniform[/dreaming mos off] biggrin_o.gif

[dreaming mod on]It would be nice if we could patch country flags on the uniform[/dreaming mos off] biggrin_o.gif

You know, that's not a bad idea wink_o.gif

Please Bambi, think about that biggrin_o.gif

You know, that's not a bad idea wink_o.gif

Please Bambi, think about that biggrin_o.gif

isnt blackops mean that there shouldnt be any reference to countries since that defeats a purpose of a blackop

the reason why they are blackops is because they have no affiliation with any country or dont want to thats why they perform clandestine operation or black operations.

i reckon the the flag hanging on every single sf soldier just wrecks certain atmospheres such as covert and clandestine ops in mission making.

"Im a blackop commando from this country and im performing a top secret mission to blow up stuff but the flag of my country which is in my shoulder will deny iam affiliated with them".

i reckon just givem a special selection to insert the flags for mp, plz dont make it standard, itll wreck the addon

Ruff is right is youu do it makes these more into special forces that have flags. Black Ops are made for being sectretive and unknown notworthy.gif

Isn't that the idea of Delta Force and Navy SEALs but they wear shed-loads of identification/flags/tags (although mostly they cover them up and only use them to indentify themselves as American to whomever i.e. hostages they're rescuing etc.).

Its a good idea to include it as an optional thing, for those who want it. Those who don't want it, are not forced to use it.

good idea, but, if you are close enough to them to see it, you'll be dead, so it won't really matter.

good idea, but, if you are close enough to them to see it, you'll be dead, so it won't really matter.

lol

really? pistols.gifrofl.gif

What do Blackops do in real life? Are they fictonal or real? Are they like SEALs or Delta's? lol sorry im just curious.

Erm, things the goverment want done that they dont want to say "Hey, yeh, that was us". Basicly tounge2.gif

They can just say "It wasn't us", and the BlackOpsy people know that. So unlike a normal soldier, who's goverment pretty much have to protect them should they get caught, they can disown them

...could be wrong, but I pretty sure :P

- Ben

So they operate allegialy? Do they get recruited from like SEALs or live a secert life? Is there a site where i can get more background info from?

It's just a generic term for SPECOPS personel. In the US JSOC, there are units who operate under varying degrees of secrecy. How clandestine they are depends on the mission, and not necessarily their "elite-ness", though it does make sence that you'd send your highest skilled troops to do the most sensitve work.

A USMC scout/sniper pair, for instance, while not really being the highest skilled commandos on the battle field, do commonly sanitize their uniforms ( removing name, rank, unit, and nationality insignia ) prior to a mission.

On the other hand, a USN SEAL DEVGRU team making a midnight HALO drop into the Caspian sea to board and commandier a ship suspected of carrying a stolen nuclear weapon manned by terrorists, may be wearing all the above indentifying ( albeit subdued ) insignia.

In the shootout that killed Sadam's sons Uday, and Quesay, members of the Task Force 20, Task Force 5, who are made up of the MOST elite units the US SOCOM fields, including operators from SFOD-D, DEVGRU, ISA/GREY FOX, CIA, and NSA, openly wore subdued US flags.

http://students.engr.scu.edu/~jabrah....e1.html

If you want more information, go here: http://www.specialoperations.com/default2.html

And you might do a google search on the units I posted above.

hey bambi could you give me a rough idea of when these black ops will be released? Im just wondering because im about to release a new version of my clan mod and if the release is within 1-2 days I would wait ... so any idea?

Wow that explains a lot FerretFangs, thanks for the background info. smile_o.gif

There are also "black ops" that no one in these forums, including myself, will ever know about. I've heard stories from people in U.S. special operations about teams who operate in the shadows of the world. They gather intel, help other nations, and even though the U.S. will never admit to it, assasinate people. You have groups working for the NSA, DOD, CIA, etc. that none of us will ever know about. I am in aviation and we hear stories about an aviation unit that supports these "black ops" using civilian and military aircraft. The best answer to "what exactly do black ops do and who are they" is "who knows."

hey bambi could you give me a rough idea of when these black ops will be released?  Im just wondering because im about to release a new version of my clan mod and if the release is within 1-2 days I would wait ... so any idea?

To be honest with you, the release most likely wont be within a week and that's only a minimum estimate. Sorry confused_o.gif.

Also about the country flag patch, that was apart of the original plan. You just basically get your flag texture or whatever and setobjecttexture it smile_o.gif.

So they operate allegialy? Do they get recruited from like SEALs or live a secert life? Is there a site where i can get more background info from?

its just common sense when to use and not to use flag patches and insignia for sof units

for blackops units like cia etc. i dont think as common sense they would parade if they are field ops it defeats the purpose

if its clandestine then the government will deny its actions

heres some info

http://www.navyseals.com/community/articles/article.cfm?id=5610

http://www.specialoperations.com/Domestic/CIA/default.html

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/israel/mossad/index.html

http://www.moun.com/Articles/sep2003/9-3-7.htm

pics

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/CIA_SAD

http://www.specwarnet.com/americas/sas.htm

Just to ask and tell but when you release them can I use them for my project.

Project: Months before the Light

Operation: Coded War

I ask because this mini project for the larger Last Light project will be using specificlly black ops just wondering thx rofl.gif

1 more screenshot to keep your mouths wet,

should be new to those who don´t browse the CP thread daily.

bambispecops-s1.jpg

bambispecops-s2.jpg

bambispecops-s3.jpg

Dam nice WP! Makes me think about getting back into designing lol tounge2.gif . Couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. Will these have special features/scripts (lower googles, helmet off etc.), if so can you name some?

2. Will they come in other colours like Desert or Woodland? If not, it would be a great feature.

Good job on the work and keep it up. Can't wait for the release yay.gif .

Judging from what I have done, release will be for sure tomorrow. I have also decided against the seperate config thing and just going with the custom weapons as default. I know some of you will be against this, but I feel that the weapons contribute to the overall unit so yeah... Tomorrow smile_o.gif

I have also decided against the seperate config thing and just going with the custom weapons as default. I know some of you will be against this, but I feel that the weapons contribute to the overall unit so yeah... Tomorrow smile_o.gif

I salute that decision.

Judging from the pics, you've done a helluva job!

Beware of Murphy and his friend Jinx tho...