Sign in to follow this  
esti_the_big

Dynamic Destruction System

Just wondering if theres any hint on this. BIs military sim is having it implented, and since AA seems to be an enhanced ofp with vbs features, why shouldn't it be implented in AA as well?

Guest Ti0n3r

Becouse BIS dont think we desserve Dynamic Destruction System. confused_o.giftounge2.gif

banghead.gif I hope Im wrong. banghead.gifconfused_o.gif

Edit: And as mentioned below, BIS would have to create new houses that would work with the DDS. That would take to much time. confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]esti_the_big Posted on June 20 2005,12:13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering if theres any hint on this. BIs military sim is having it implented, and since AA seems to be an enhanced ofp with vbs features, why shouldn't it be implented in AA as well?

Isn't this a feature to be introduced in AA2/OFP2?

Pics show its in OFP2/AA2 for sure. But its already getting implented on VBS1, which is ofp1 engine... so Its technically perfectly possible to implent it in AA.

I think that the engine in AA will offer the addon makers many new posibilities such as real destructable buildings etc. but I doubt that the houses in AA will have that. I am sure that there will be many new features available for addon makers. The AA models wont propably contain all of them as it's not really a full game but more like an engine update so that addon makers can get prepaired for OFP2.

Making new models and houses would take too long for BIS as the main goal is to get OFP2 finished.

Although I would like to see this feature Becuase every time I see an SU-25 fly into a house and just stops and explodes. I would like to see it brim it to the foundation. and stop 700 yards off.

Fact is, the engine does allow destructable building, theres even a proof video floating around.

And I do think BI has enough resources to model new buildings, I don't think that thats that big a problem, porting models and textures to a new model format which allows dynamic destruction. After all, even vbs will have it in near future.

Guest Ti0n3r
Fact is, the engine does allow destructable building, theres even a proof video floating around.

And I do think BI has enough resources to model new buildings, I don't think that thats that big a problem, porting models and textures to a new model format which allows dynamic destruction. After all, even vbs will have it in near future.

But VBS is very expensive and it's used by various armed forces.

We are only regular civies. confused_o.gif

Sure, they propably got enough resources but I don't think BIS aims to create a 'new game'. Making new models etc. takes resources from the development of OFP2. I think that they will take models from VBS1 and XBOX, and mix them with a improved engine. AA would never have been released if that would have meant that BIS had to create new models etc.

@Ti0n3r

The market for a PC game is much bigger so I'm sure they will offer us all the useful things that has been developed for VBS1. The only reason why VBS1 has some things OFP doesn't is because OFP haven't been updated in a long time. Things like the observer module isn't very useful for common gamers so we wont see that incl. modern units but animals are propably in AA as well as the AI improvements seen in VBS1.

bah, i am (was now) looking forward at least one of the things in aa below.

1)destructable buildings

2)multiple gunner positions

The rest can all be done by the community...if those are not done, it's pretty much an ofp addon for ofp. I'm not going to pay Å35 to just be able to join in progress and a new campaign.

Guest Ti0n3r

1)destructable buildings

The rest can all be done by the community...if those are not done, it's pretty much an ofp addon for ofp. I'm not going to pay Å35 to just be able to join in progress and a new campaign.

We dont know if these features are included or not yet. I think that at least multiple gunner positions will be included.

Bah, I know that gameplay and graphics of this game are far better than Soldner, but the fact is that BIS should however fight them at every front including advanced real-time dynamic destruction...

It probably will be a Soldner-killer for sure like OFP1 was already, but now is the change to even amaze all Soldner players.

Note to BIS and ARAS dev's: *Don't miss that chance BIS its your only chance to get more and more player=money=maybe more sequels wink_o.gif*

@Ryankaplan: I agree, I won't buy it either if it only would have JIP and a new campaign...

It needs to have a improved gameplay, physics and graphics at least.

a bit OT.. sry:

I see many here say AA2 (Armed Assasult 2) as the OFP2 name.... is that confirmed, or something you guys just like to say?

1)destructable buildings

We dont know if these features are included or not yet. I think that at least multiple gunner positions will be included.

Let me quote something from the PCGAMER Aug. 2005 article.

Quote[/b] ]Think of it as Flashpoint 1.5. It includes all the missions from the original, plus expansion pack Resistance, plus the technological advances from Xbox version and Bohemia's VBS1 military sim.

Now, as you can see on some of the VBS1 movies destructible buildings is possible. Even standing in a truck.

Let's just hope for destructible buildings then wink_o.gif

Link to the rest of the article (Thx to Buggs)

@ colossus:  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  notworthy.gif

(4 happy bananas and a 'not worthy' for that answer)

It's clear to me now that we are in for a great time!

Yes but even if the possibility is there, to have it in-game they would have to redo all the buildings, so the old point still stands. They might be able to do it though - who knows, it may be a simple format transfer as mentioned earlier.

Maybe they created a 'fragmenter' application, where you feed it the solid model, and it creates possible break points and mapping solutions for the physics engine.  Just speaking out my a$$, but tesselating an object to create a fracture map would not be too much problem for a graphics tool builder, and it would be an efficient way to import and process building and terrain models (unless it does it ingame, hence the "no two explosions will look the same" statement).  Only my hopes and desires to go on..  confused_o.gifwhistle.gif

(To Spooks statement below, I say again: "wOOt!")

In AA will be destroyable buildings - as OFP Xbox - new dimension for play