Sign in to follow this  
C4P741N

Coop C&H vs AI

I posted this over at the OFPEC boards with no helpful results (atleast in the last 24hrs) so I thought I'd post it here too.

I have started making a coop c&h vs ai mission using Tactician's Capture & Hold Tutorial as a base. I've expanded it to include 5 control points, selectable time/weather/difficulty settings, respawning destroyed/abandoned vehicles, respawn with weapons, countdown scoring system, multiple outros, ... and so on. But one thing I not sure on is how do I make AI capture the flags? How can I make these 5 flags the most important things in thier little AI lives?. This mission kind of goes nowhere without this.

Cap.

hm well c&h is not about the flags but about the zones surrounding them, so at least they dont need to grab flags from poles - i am not ai expert at all: have you tried waypoints to the flag areas?

Well Tactician's C&H tut IS about taking the flag but I would prefer it if the area had to be controlled (free of OPFOR) for a certain time before it becomes assigned to a side, don't know what needs to be modified yet. Would waypoints work? If OPFOR captures a zone and I take it from them how would they know to attempt to reclaim it from me. I'm working on other parts of the mission but atm all I have is a MP C&H banghead.gif

Cap.

In OFP there is a C&H made by BIS that has an AI support (i think it is named Sector Control).

You should give a look to how they did their AI support for C&H , i remember having played this MP C&H-like mission against an AI only side and they were capable of capturing zones like any human could.

dont know its what ya want, but when i was making a ctf ype vid

i found this. it was in a waypoint for ai/player.

class Waypoints

{

items=5;

class Item0

{

position[]={2597.125000,14.985000,5070.401855};

combatMode="RED";

expCond="(local this) and this != player and (this distance Vlajka < 6)";

expActiv="this action [""TAKE FLAG"", Vlajka]";

class Effects {};

showWP="NEVER";

not sure if it worked but worth a try was many moons ago. its fom the mission floder hence pos etc. just modify to suit waypoint.

Hi C4P741N

I have a mission just like the one you want to make. You play along with west ai soldiers against ai east soldier who take the sectors and parachute in at last captured sector when you die or at your base if you have no captured sectors. The ai call in artillery or air and armored support. Which continuously respawn. Also implemented Robino's chopper script wich picks you up in a chopper and drops you where you want. And KaRRiLLioNs GUI ammocrate script. And other scripts. I originally uploaded an older version at ofpec but the reviewer played it in SP mode instead of multiplayer so reviewed it with a 4 point score. I was gutted. You can also select morning/day/evening/night and view distance etc. Variable weather in game. I use bremmers ai script as well as spawnman scripts modified by spankmeyer. I play mine offline on my own and haven't uploaded it as i'm a tight git! I can send it to and you can rip it apart if you want. I have a version with waypoints and 1 without. It has a lot of addons but i can change it for you if you want. I have HYK west and ICP east CBT Hmmwvs Bas choppers etc. Looks like i'm trying to sell my mission but i aint, like i said i'm a tight, selfish northern git! Or if you want i cand send you just the sectors which were originally taken from doolitle mission. Or ignore this drivel and tell me to STFU!

Cheers!

Yeah, open up the BIS mission that has the AI capturing flags. It's on Malden island, but I can't remember the name.

Its pretty clever how they did it. Hard to see at first because there are about 20 different groups with their WPs all in the same spot, but basically it just involves a couple WPs and a trigger.