Sign in to follow this  
POPKA

House Divided.

Rest assured my friend that the horses head and tail already moves while galloping, and unlike the old horse (no offense to that cool effort) the 3 parts of the horses leg move rather than just 2, meaning it looks a lot more life like and natural.

crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif good good, now, when is are u going to send it to me? *puts gun to your head*

whistle.gif

Could we see a small video of this new animation? Or is release too close to bother with a vid? I haven't been following this thread but I've wanted a well implemented/animated horse since the beginning.

i played that game gun to see if there was anything i could take from it e.g. Textures and sounds, unfortunatly though all of the sounds are very poor quality wav files so they are basically useless, and the textures are all locked away somewhere and cant be used as there is no current program to decrypt them sad_o.gif

oh and Hang 'em High is a good western, i personally prefered it to fistfull of dollars

Hey could you make sure that the galloping noises are fairly realistic? The CWmod one sort of grated on my ears after a while lol crazy_o.gif

Cheers

Biv

Oh man its a pain to make a video really, however there is a cheesy self publicising trailer we are making muhaahahhaaha

So you will see the horse galloping in that! C4P741N you work on ECP? Its good work you lads are doing over there, I hope to implement some features into our mod, like the random anims on different modes, and sound play files etc.

This is a video clip of the EARLIEST ATTEMPT, as you can see, this did not have the head or tail moving, and used a very rough edit of the mule turned into a horse by mig. lol

http://www.newagefilm.co.uk/horse-earlytest01.wmv

But even tho you can see the leg anims themselves aren't terrible, but not nearly good enuf for us so...

If you take this as an example of our worst attempt at the horse early on, (ONLY) in terms of animation, then rest assured C4P741N you will be pleased with the finished results with the brand new animations and new model of horse. (that animates all the joints of the leg, all 3, not just 2 like the old cwmod one, great tho that work was etc.

The horse includes a pretty painful looking death animation too of course.

Our cavarly will feature 3 kinds of units, pistol firers, carbine firers and melee units. Each will feature different animations for the rider, with his boots in the stirrups and him bouncing about a little on the horse etc.

As for the sound effect for the house galloping, its very difficult to find one that pleases everyone, but if you have a preference Bic, search one or two out and send them to me, and we can maybe stick em in.

Marcus thanks for your positive feedback, Popka, biv etc, ur comments keep the thread a positive forum of debate smile_o.gif

The cavalry will take a week, then it will be another week for objects, then the GUI and a short but groovy campaign will be be done in the fortnight following.

So we're getting there lads wink_o.gif

Animation is a good start, do you think you may also animate the neck to move a bit as well?

look u jobbies lol that is NOT the anim, i was showing the old crappy one we completely replaced!! The new one is much better with horse head movement etc...

Im convinced nobody actually reads my posts blah blah

Right its there only to give an example of our earliest attempt so gubbins from ECP could get an idea what the finished would look like by comparing it to our first and worst.

wink_o.gif so rest assured the horses head jiggles as you would know belgerot if you read the page!!!

Im convinced nobody actually reads my posts blah blah

Let's punish them by not posting any screenshots or videos anymore nener.gif

was that kalasnikov in that picture when it was made?

Don't think so tounge2.gif

Even the scaling is wrong, unless General Lee was a giant wow_o.gif

That's a composite picture used on the cover of the award-winning Alternate History book; Guns of the South.  Works on the premise that militant Afrikaaners from the future go back in time to the Civil War and give the Confederacy Kaleshnikovs and other goodies so that they win, and in the future South Africa is an Apartheid paradise.  Quite interesting if you ignore the implausibilty of it all.  Harry Turtledove is very good at doing characters and events from the past.

EDIT:  Stick that in as an Easter Egg, guys:  A 10 foot tall General Lee impervious to cannon and shot tounge2.gif.

Yep is it not an illustration from the book 'Guns for the South' about south african time travellers who supply the confederacy with a big shipment of AKs.

A fascinating book! wink_o.gif

EDIT: Stick that in as an Easter Egg, guys: A 10 foot tall General Lee impervious cannon and shot tounge2.gif.

Don't worry, I've already been working on some unspecified easter eggs and other stuff.

where can i get this book.

and if you make him a easter egg give him an ak, or even better, a SA80

lol well if its anything it will be an ak lol (and even then lets not let that distract us from the historical accuracy we are achieving lol) this is just a small token for fans of the fiction written by turtledove, (his alternative histories) lol

You can buy Guns of the South here.

And giving Lee an SA80 rifle?! You want him to lose the war?! tounge2.gif.

Ah, but I do love my Turtledove alternate histories...sigh...

Yeah Harleys right. I used to shoot those things when i was a cadet and they got stoppages every five minutes. And don't even get me started on the LSW variant... goddam Brit guns

I shoot the semi-auto version of it (us ATC members are only allowed semis) and i has no problems, still how about an m4 and a carl gustav, ty for the link harley and the horses look nice

you do realise the SA80 isnt british? huh.gif yeah the birtish army uses it, but it was made by the swedes....wasnt it? crazy_o.gif

Wildo

still how about an m4 and a carl gustav

Simple answer: no

Right you miserable scum thats enuf off topic-ness!

If you would like to do something useful wink_o.gif than debating the deficiencies of our british arms, lol, why not somebody help us get a wee webpage up? We're getting near a time now that a simple page would be useful wink_o.gif